Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miner Dig Deep
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
swizz
That's the name of my latest XBox 360 addiction.
It's a downloadable Indie game (XBox Silver or Gold) and only cost about $2.50 (using MS points).
Very basic two-dimensional graphics (much like the old-school game Dig-Dug) but fun mining action, potenial cave-ins, many prospecting discoveries, selling finds, purchasing equipment, setting elevators underground, getting stuck and requesting rescue, and on , and on, and on....
I'm currently just beyond 1300ft deep (many hours of mining) and discovering that I can no longer set elevators (each 200ft) because the soil is too hard and way too many rocks in the way now. I bought a hoist to get me up and out of my digs to reach the elevators and get back up top to sell my goods when the stash bag gets filled or my lantern gets low. Unfortunately, I usually run out of lantern fuel before I can completely fill my bag... which is okay, the game lets me go to the top and sell whether the bag is full or not. Long story short.... good equipment placement (shafts, elevators, tunnels, ladders, etc.) and equipment upgrades make for more profitable and faster mining success. This is my first mine on the game and I almost can't wait to finish this one and start another based on the shoddy planning and greedy mistakes I made with this session.
Who'd have thunk that a crazy-simple mining game, of all things, would earn a 4.5 out of 5 star rating from XBox users and great reviews from all other gaming sites. I just had to check it out, obviously not disappointed.

If you or your kids have the XBox 360... download this game.

Admittedly, I don't have any kids and I own the 360 (and Wii) because I've always been a vid-game junkie. Guilty pleasure and helps with the cabin fever. wacko.gif

Here's a better description: Miner Dig Deep
Denise
Sounds like a really cool game Swizz! happy088.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif
Don't forget that hard hat as part of your equipment...The game may fine you point for not wearing one. jawdrop.gif slaphead.gif biggrin.gif

Oh, and dont forget that project your working on by enjoying that game too much, it should be dry by now right? poke.gif

biggrin.gif

swizz
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Mar 12 2010, 10:39 AM) *
Oh, and dont forget that project your working on by enjoying that game too much, it should be dry by now right? poke.gif

biggrin.gif

Still working on it daily (as GB will attest) but the numerous finishing steps require much prep and chemical-related cure time. I was near completion but had a portion of it recently that I felt wasn't up to my standards so I took my medicine and completely re-worked the area which was roughly a 2 week setback. As of yesterday that setback is behind me and I'm on track again barring any further unexpected problems. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
It's bigger than a breadbox. chores041.gif
swizz
Good progress this morning.

Here's a sneak peek....

tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
CP
Nice box!!!!! tongue.gif Looks like you aren't a bad artist either with that skull and crossbones, nice drawing.
Eventually I'm guessing we'll all get to see what's inside. slaphead.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
Very good drawing Swizz!! happy088.gif I cant wait to see the project when its done...........seems how we dont get a step by step process right now.

biggrin.gif music037.gif tongue.gif gen069.gif tongue.gif music037.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.