Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: US Census is Getting Personal!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Mineral Estate Grantee
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=iUMurKinTVE

A headcount is all a census taker is Constitutionally authorized to get...

RichDColorado
I read the 10 question census form a couple weeks ago and told my wife that I'd complete and mail the form back to them. All the gov't needs to know is that 2 American citizens live here. I especially like the question if there are any Hispanic, Mexican, etc residents. The reason they want to know is to be able to develop bilingual programs. Why doesn't the gov't tell those of Hispanic background to learn English if they already don't know the language? Sorry - I'm Not a PC type of guy. Getting sick of yielding this country to the liberal agenda. My grandparents all came from eastern Europe, got jobs, learned the language, saw value in education for their children and grandchildren, and made good lives for themselves in a blended America. They never asked for, nor received, a dime handout from the gov't.

Had an email sent to me at work the other day which went something like this:

I work for a living and pay taxes. In some cases in order to be accepted for work, I have to provide a urine sample which proves I'm not on any illegal drugs. Some of the taxes I pay are then given to others in the form of welfare payments. Why aren't they required to give urine samples to prove they are not on illegal drugs before they can collect their checks as I was required to do before I earned my check?
russau
they can hand me the form and ill fill out what is pertanant or needed. not my personal info! ill mail it back in to them! i veiw these census takers just like the Acorn group that the Dems use! i personally feel that correct census is needed to maintain or gain in people numbers to add or maintain the numbers of our socalled "representatives' that are supposedly voted in by use to "represent " us and not dominate over us!
Hawkewind
I enjoy and respect everyone's opinion even when I disagree. I have changed my mind many a time after thinking about others points of view. So I enjoyed reading these postings and such and really like the people who post to this site.

With that said, I personally have no problem with giving any of this info out and will do so like I have for 20+ years. I tend to be much more liberal but hate being defined as such as I STRONGLY believe in the right to bear arms for instance. At the same time, I feel it is important for America to continue to allow immigration, that is what has made our country so strong over the past 400 hundred years (as the poster said above about their grandparents immigrating and working hard). I personally know many Mexican Americans that take zero welfare, work extremely hard and contribute to the society as a whole....I consider them friends.

Just stating my opinion which I rarely do on message boards but I feel comfortable with this group and hope to forge friendships out in the field over the years

Thanks!

CP
I agree with just filling what you want on the form and not giving the uneeded info too. There is only so many tid bits needed to make the "count" good.

Thanks Hawkewind, we are glad to have you aboard too, I completely agree with you. very well stated! emoticon-object-018.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
All I could add is that MINING played a huge part in our history and strength as a nation too! biggrin.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif Just thought that was worth tossin' in since this is a mining related site. happy112.gif music037.gif Really though, all kidding aside, many miners in the old days if not most were also immigrants.

CP
RichDColorado
QUOTE (Hawkewind @ Mar 3 2010, 07:31 AM) *
I
With that said, I personally have no problem with giving any of this info out and will do so like I have for 20+ years. I tend to be much more liberal but hate being defined as such as I STRONGLY believe in the right to bear arms for instance. At the same time, I feel it is important for America to continue to allow immigration, that is what has made our country so strong over the past 400 hundred years (as the poster said above about their grandparents immigrating and working hard). I personally know many Mexican Americans that take zero welfare, work extremely hard and contribute to the society as a whole....I consider them friends.

Hawkewind - I agree with your comments as we are a nation of mostly immigrants, from all countries and all walks of life. However, I would add one word to your comment about continuing to allow immigration and that word is "Legal". Don't forget, illegal immigrants are not only from south of the border. I can feel quite comfortable in saying that we have illegal aliens from countries in Asia, Europe, Africa, South Amercia, Canada, the Middle East, etc, etc who also contribute in their own way - but I want them here legally and also financially contributing to the system. What has me absolutely livid are illegals moving in (primarily) across the southern borders, setting up major drug and criminal operations, draining the resources of schools, hospitals, judicial system, etc and getting soft-handed treatment, often deported and back here in less than a week. I believe we need to make harsh examples of that criminal element if we're to make a dent in curtailing that illegal activity in the future. We've been too soft for too long.
Hawkewind
ahhhh, I agree 100% with you on the part of being legal and I appreciate you pointing that out. Even though I tend mostly liberal, this is one point I morally don't budge much. I wish more people would find the common ground they have and have civil and informative discussions about the ground they are not so similar on.

Thanks again!
Coalbunny
This census is nothing compared to the one they did in 2000.

Back then the "woman" (IF we want to even compare to to humans) was asking for SSN, number of bank accounts (but not account numbers), average balances, and even to the point of threatening to call the sheriff when I laughed at her. "That's fine, we go rabbit hunting every other weekend, so it don't matter to me who you call!"

What is overlooked is not that they ask the wrong questions, but the false sense of authority they sometimes give to the census takers. Then the census takers go out, thinking they're on the same level as Jesus Himself, getting their butts whooped.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.