Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your 5 favorite bands or solo artists in order
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Jam Sessions
Gold_Barnstormer
1. Grateful Dead - saw 30 shows 1985-1991

2. Ween - followed their summer tour of '99. seen 22 shows 1994-2000

3. Steely Dan - own every studio album including rarities. never seen sad.gif

4. Flaming Lips - 27 years and still going strong. saw them a bunch in the 80's and not again until 2001

5. The Residents - maybe the longest running band still using the original line-up without ever taking a break, 41 years !! google them.They have done soundtracks for the Discovery channel and other similar ventures. They also did the music for the original Pee Wee's Playhouse. Saw them for the first time in 2002 after being a fan of theirs for 20 years. the reason, silly american audiences have no idea who they are so they don't play here. maybe 20 shows a year tops they will perform in the U.S. They go make their fortune in Europe. I flew to Cali to see them cuz I knew time was running out with getting a chance to see them. was worth ever stinking penny i blew to see them............maybe 125 in the crowd...unfreakingbelievable. they are performance artists/musicians that wear costumes for every performance. their identities have never been revealed, but there are people in the know .........who know. rolleyes.gif 43 full length albums plus many many ep's and other "stuff".Check out "Eskimo" an album of nothing but their interpretations of Eskimos living in the tundra of northern Canada...haunting, and received a grammy nomination. smiley-shocked003.gif

p.s.

6. Pink Floyd - just had to let you know where they stood......hehe
Denise
Great bands GB! happy088.gif I dont know how you did it though. I have way too many favorites to choose 5 (or 6). biggrin.gif

Your going to have to make it easier for me tongue.gif ......Maybe favorite 5 of each century, or favorite 5 from each music genre.
Or Im so bad, even favorite 5 this week. bop.gif cool.gif Either way I know Pink Floyd is in there for me. wink.gif
I can hear them in the background of my earliest childhood memories.
stereo.gif
Forestwalker
Hard to choose 5, here's my facebook list in no particular order.

The Offspring, CCR, Daft Punk, ZZ Top, NIN, Lynard Skynard, ACDC, Lords of Acid, Rammstein, Lit, 311, Kottonmouth Kings, Paul Okenfold, Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Gnarls Barkley, Sublime, Van halen, Stone Temple Pilots, Primus, Fluke, Pink floyd, morcheeba.
CP
Only 5 smiley-shocked003.gif ....hmmm that is really tough even seperated by genre music030.gif biggrin.gif

I'm gonna' say, one of these could be top 5 in any order, depending on the mood of the day. tongue.gif stereo.gif

Nickel Creek
Nickelback
Santana
CCR
Alison Kraus & Union Station
Little Big Town
Bob Segar
BTO
Van Zant/38 Special
Led Zeppelin
Ozzy Osborne
P!nk
Seether
Whitesnake
Poison
Guns N' Roses
Allman Brothers Band
No doubt
Bad Company
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Anna Nalick
Matchbox 20/Rob Thomas
Natalie Imbruglia
Dixie Chicks
Brad Paisley
Pat Benatar
Sheryl Crow
Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
Creed
Journey
Cream/Eric Clapton
Jewel

........................ and the list goes on and on. But I've always got a good range to choose from with so much music out there. groucho.gif

Too tough to say only 5 all time fav's for my music tastes
CP

Boogie

Listing only 5 is a real challenge!

Red Rider

Bob Geldof (Boomtown Rats and later Pink Floyd)

Nazareth

AC/DC

Night Ranger or April Wine (Nature of the Beast Album)

Boogie
Denise
Im sooo jealous of all the concerts you have gone to GB. Growing up in he motor city, I had plenty of oppertunities to see good concerts, but dad wouldnt have that after being at the concerts seeing all that went on. smiley-laughing021.gif

Excelent choices guys! happy088.gif I thought I would add a few that haven't been mentioned yet that I think are also good.

Eric Clapton
Jethro Tull
BTO
Jimmy Buffet
Blue Oyster Cult
Ozzy
Rob Zombie
Evanescence
Joan Osborne
Denise
slaphead.gif Rut Roh!

I just noticed that three out of nine I listed Dan had already mentioned..........Shows how well I listen to you doesnt it CP? biggrin.gif smiley-laughing021.gif tongue.gif

biggrin.gif
h20prospector
I must be very old, as the Grateful Dead were known as the Warlocks back in the day (California 1964). There most memorable concert was New Years Eave 1976 at the Cow Palace. That was before most of you were born I bet.

h20prospector
MikeS
At the moment these are my top 5 artists in order, with a few of my favs from each. music.gif
1. Grafton Primary (Australia) these 3 songs are audio only. The rest are official music videos.
Fallen Stars
Six Feet Down
Time Machine

2. Miami Horror (Australia/USA)
Moon Theory
Sometimes

3. Monarchy (London/UK)
The Beautiful Ones
The Phoenix Alive
Love Get Out Of My Way

4. Jupiter (France)
Sake
Oh I

5. Zoot Woman (Australia)
Memory
We Won't Break
Rockyrat
Wow, talk about resurrecting an old thread....

1) The Beatles (interesting that I'm the 1st to mention them)

2) Genesis (with and without Peter Gabriel, but mostly with)

3) Yes (specifically the "Fragile" and "Close to the Edge" albums)

4) Oingo Boingo

5) Then it's a tie between like 30 artists. Mostly "classic rock".
Caveman
Well crap - I like 'em all! All genres too, except for rap, and angry, death metal. Top 5? Well, that depends on the day... and how I'm feeling...... smiley-laughing021.gif
fenixsmom
1. Five Finger Death Punch
2. All That Remains
3. In This Moment
4. Slipknot
5. Stone Sour
6. Iron Maiden
Yoda
Moods change my listening habits as well, but I guess I'd go with these 5 as always having a spot in my MP3 mix... in no particular order:

1) Imagine Dragons
2) Metallica
3) Linkin Park
4) U2
5) Foo Fighters (or Dave Grohl in general)
swizz
Difficult to narrow down! No particular order.... somewhat diverse. I love great guitar work and these all have it.
All 5 are Pandora stations that I've created and listen to most often.

Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys
Junior Brown
Asleep At The Wheel (with or without Willie)
Metallica
Calexico
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.