Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danger Will Robinson, Danger
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic > Off The Wall
Mineral Estate Grantee
Some self incriminating words:

Dredge, Dredger, Dredging, Operator, Operation(s), Operating, Activity, Activities, Facility, Discharge, Discharged, Discharging, Turbidty, Recreational Mining (Recreational ANYTHING), Hobby, Sluice, Sluicing, Sluice box, …

These are just a few words used by agency(ies) with terms that can (and will) be used against you.

You can see the effects of the use of these words on prospector/miners across the country. Study folks. Knowledge, Its going to be your best defense against the ongoing attacks by agency(ies) and others that want to steal away your property and Rights.
russau
common sense dictacts that we think before we comitt to anysort of action. the wacos have and will continue to use our own words against us everytime! i really doubt that ANYONE claiming tobe a true recrational prospector ,after finding a good streak of gold would stop and say its time for me to stop and go home and go to work! they would (like i would) work it untill they cant work anymore! then they would elevate from prospector and become a miner!and im sure they would want any and all priviledges/protections under the mining laws! so why do people open their mouths and insert their foot or in some cases, feet!
CP
slaphead.gif Wow, the sky is falling again today and I don't have my umbrella. rolleyes.gif

I completely disagree folks sorry.
While "recreationalist" will often mix the term in with actual mining terms (as demostrated above), a recreational "activity" is a PRIVELAGE.
Recreationalists have no mining rights!
Too bad more of you didn't have the time to show up for last Fridays discussions in chat as we all learned a little something, and came away with the same opinion as a group refering to the law and actions of the prospector...ie choices made by that person in the field are the defining factors that make one a recreationalist or a real prospector on the small scale acting as a miner in the field to discover and develop a new deposit.
Recreationalists clearly choose not to learn the laws, land research, or filing guidelines.....they would rather stay at and continue to visit the recreational areas specially regulated.
Once a "prospector" continues beyond the learning stages of the recreational level and continues his or her work toward prospecting for new deposits (within the law) and then further that work, ie filing claim and developing the deposit, they are clearly no longer a "recreationalist" but a real "prospector" in the field in search of new deposits. Small miners are clearly defined as any claim owner who owns 10 claims or less.
This was the gist of the meeting......maybe this will help more who read it here in this thread.

While I would say most of the terms stated above could be used by the knowledgable miner during their work. Especially while stating THE LACK OF disturbances, turbidity or dishcharges etc. concerning an actual mining operation.
Or maybe you guys think it's best to leave this all open to the officials recomendations and use of these terms? Maybe the officials will be nice enough to write up a POO for ya' too. laught16.gif (not legal btw)

I've said it before.......learn about it for yourself folks, it's really not as complicated as some make it out to be. Although you will spend alot of time reading very dry material, the knowledge you can have is very much worth the efforts! If you don't know the definitions in truth yourself then these terms will most definately can and will be used against you.
And don't worry, you don't need an umbrella either, the sky is not falling today.

CP
Mineral Estate Grantee
Here's Proof for consistency of term

Here's something that proves what I have been saying about using the right terms, and using those terms consistently. It also shows the courts take notice of the fact. In this regards, again, for instance, we can see that if we begin to use Administrative phraseology the court will take notice that the parties were in an administrative relationship:

"("[P]etitioner, despite strenuous efforts to avoid doing so, occasionally lapses into language that reveals the fundamentally contractual origins of the [case]")."

http://ftp.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F3/55...85.94-2486.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.