Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
bottledigger
High gold prices are bringing them out of the wood work. smiley-shocked003.gif

http://www.goldminingclaimsecrets.com/?OVR...&OVNDID=ND2
CP
You are right bottledigger it has been and will continue to bring rip off artists out everywhere! Not just about gold and the precious "secrets" of obtaining it. smiley-laughing021.gif Don't forget to take the "secret" pans and shovels out when you go prospecting everyone. biggrin.gif

I WOULD CAUTION ANYONE FROM CLICKING ANY LINKS WITHIN THAT SITE! They do not appear to go to site urls at all, but may possibly be redirecting the website to your hard drive? Or the webmaster goofed on the links? chin.gif stop.gif After browsing the page very briefly, I doubt if anyone will want to click any further anyway.

Use caution folks, they are comin' out of the woodwork like bottledigger said.

CP
Coalbunny
Wow! Staking claims without leaving your house? Yeeeeee HAW!

Some SOB tries that and stakes his claim on top of mine and Ill make damn sure the next claim *I* stake will be in civil court when I take his house!

I've seen similar crap like that before when I was a kid. A rancher I knew forever used to let my family hunt on his land, and he had no problem with me prospecting there either. Well, this batch of yahoos from Texas came up there and staked a claim right on his property, then ticked him off when they chased his sons off when they running some cattle up the draw. BLM screwed up by claiming the private land was BLM land (for that office it was a regular screw up), then after a big mess of suits, the BLM apologized, then gated the private land off from the rightful owner under some guise of being for the wild horses. Those idiots from Texas (not all Texans are idiots, really) had this idea they were finding gold in the sandstone up there. While it is possible, and I myself have found some in an age-equivalent formation 40 miles west of there in Utah, what they found was actually secondary marcasite. Those brilliant idiots couldn't tell the difference between marcasite and gold? What ever.

I'm all for teaching folks how to do it, but when there's idiots out there "going for the gold" when they likely never saw gold in person, that just burns me up.

I'll shut up, Dan. Or I'm apt to srtart ragging on the ignorant recreational prospectors I met a few years back. Another tale for another time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.