Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Discussions for the Suction Dredge Report
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Valuable References
Redpaw
If you read the report and can see where certain issues are reported as lacking in Data or actual basis in Fact and yet are clearly blamed on Miners while discounting all other Recreational Activities speak up....
Coalbunny
Interesting. They checked with a few prospectors groups. I'm happy for them. But WHY the Burn Piute trube? Ok, they have land a "river" goes through (no, don't recall the name, sorry). Used to live thee years back. And I panned on that river. And either I was doing really really crqappy prospecting or there ain't no gold on it. So why bother the Piutes?
Carl
Redpaw
Exactly some of my questions....

it is very similiar to the Dreamtime appeal, they had to consult with all these groups such as Women's Coalitions and Indian Tribes for Civil Rights Violations??..

I found it very disturbing to read in the report that they also considered the monetary value of losing prospecting as a whole because they can't tax it or see it bringing in enough money to the state to justify the activity?.....

If they haven't driven us out of our activity for the last 60 years we would be flourishing quite well and have the industries associated with manufacturing backing us up.....

I also found it appaling that camping in a campground with anything short of a Motorhome was found to be discouraged on.....Camping is just that CAMPING....the use of a tent, a cook stove, split wood, Lawn Chairs, water jugs, and a 3 wheeled VW bug dragging a bumper.......heck it is not uncommon to see clothes lines between trees in Oregon due to the frequent rains and the need to dry your clothes.

I'm a firm believer in Non-modern camping and actually look for places that I can't drive up to and have a tent next to a car on a 3 foot patch of grass that was just mowed...

I don't want to hear the RV generator running all night, I don't want to have to have a Satellite dish blocking my view, and I don't want to see a pop out RV dumping its waste into a collection basin right near the very entrance where the ranger is telling me I have to be quiet by 10pm....

Give me open un-obstructed camping where I can stumble drunk to the river at 6 am pour gasoline on my dirty beer can to wash it off and puke in a bush without hitting a RV bumper.

YEAH now thats a Camping Trip !!....( any TAKERS ?)
laugh.gif :D laugh.gif :D laugh.gif
Quilomene John
Hey all,
That might be a good propaganda paper, but it isn't a dredge use study!!!!! It is full of suppositions and those classic Greenie Buzz Words: Could, Possible, May, Future, Unknown. All those words are from Science Fiction, not Science!!

This is a legit peer-reviewed study, the difference will be obvious:
http://www.minersresponseteam.org/mrt_dred...dies.html#IDAHO

There are more accurate scientific studies on the MRT site, perhaps the College Kids from OSU should read them and not interview Sierra Club types for filler material for their bogus "study"! QJ
Redpaw
Right John,
Rather than have science in the document...it actually documents the Agencies actual positions when it comes to authority over water and the Agencies opinions as a whole concerning Dredging in Oregon Waters.

The OSU paper can be used as proof for established conditions and policies, the OSU reasearcher were hired by OPRD to come to this conclusion.....

The rest of the document is toilet paper for the masses that just need to form an opinion as they are told to form an opinion and why to form that opinion.
Coalbunny
Tent? What the hell's that, Redpaw? Is that what's after ten and before eleven? Hmmmm.

If they do not have any actual facts to back up their report, then it is illegal for the government to consider it. Wait a minute here. Something about Lynx hair and birds wearing dots comes to mind....
Redpaw
A tent is that little Ziplock Bag that a Bear will come over and open in the middle of the night right after the bear goes through the Ice Chest.

Those documents could easily be dreafted for almost any activity by a group that is bent upon upholding the stereotype of Middle Ages Miners...

I could easily write a similar report about Drift Boats that drag anchor, River Rafters that stomp through the beds and create vortexes under their raft when loading and unloading, General Camping Public that discharge firearms and build dams to make swimming ponds, Fishermen that stand in the river, Indians that use Nets ( very common up here ), and the list could easily go on...

The problem is....Rather than allow and accept each others activities as many multiple use people should....They are always trying to bad mouth the other guy when in some small way they are just as if not exactly a similiar contributing cause and effect.

I only posted the study so many here in these forums could see how the agencies have considered suction dredge mining as Minimal impact, and not worth standing over their shoulder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.