Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **RALLY PRIZES**
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
CP
I would like to start this with a big huge Thank you to everyone!
THANK YOU!
Everyones efforts are showing and will shine brightly come June!

For prizes or promised certficates so far we have...... :D This is going to be so much fun..... ;)

1. An all alluminum Poor Boys 2" dredge- (also will be on demo in the creek)

2. ColoradoProspector.com memberships - 4 year, and 1 lifetime.

3. A Minelab-Eureka Gold metal detector

4. A Keene family starter prospecting package - The whole 9 yards, How to books and video all the way up to the A52! Of course you will still need your trusty #2.... :)

5. Gold Prospectors Association of America memberships - 2 Buzzard Specials and 2 of the Henry Henry clean up sluices.

6. Indian Springs resort passes to be announced later - Don't have the details yet on them.

7. Highside Adventure Tour rafting passes to be announced later - Don't have the details yet on them.

8. A fine Dreamtime specimen to be announced later also.

9. A fine piece of Tom's Treasure Chest's handmade wirewrap jewelry.

10. 2 John Fremont/Explorers Of The American West commemerative silver coins (1 oz).

11. 1 autographed copy of "The Trouble With Gold" by Jim Davis.

12. 1 antique Long Tom sluice box from the Nederland Mining Museum.

13. Grubstakers.com membership....Details on this one later also.

14. Foxpeak.net domain hosting package....Details on this one later also.

15. Tom Massie made a personal donation at the gold show here in Denver.
Tom took some time out to autograph 4 pans and 4 Gold Fever hats for the prizes, including some of his own art work on each one.

16. Scientific Engineering donated a "Chuck's Gold Trapper" for the prize list also at the gold show.

17. Scott with ICMJ gave us three boxes of the ICMJ mags for the rally also at the gold show this weekend.

18. Mike (The Boy Detector) donated a "Blue Bowl Kit Standard" space saver SQ. 18 gallon, he got from "Pioneer-Motherlode Mining Supply".

19. 2 CD's donated by Matt Mattson-First one titled "How to Find Gold In Rivers & Streams with Mat Mattsont"
and the second "Ferry Flight-A Flight Across America".

20. Thought we should mention that we have over 12 lbs of coins, tokens, and trinkets so far for the kids treasure hunt . Including the 2 commerative silvers there is now a Roman coin that is 1500 years old and several old U.S. silver coins.

If there is something I missed then I will get it in here ASAP and the additions as we get them..... ;)

CP
Redpaw
This Page clearly shows how much the State of Colorado and The Mining Community has come together for a fun filled weekend of Education and Recreation.

PROUD SUPPORTERS
russau
that is some mighty fine prizes! that alone ought to draw a crowd!
russau
im assuming that tickets for these prizes will be sold only at/during the rally as previously stated? i better drive my truck out there cause i see myself winning a lot of these fine prizes! maybe i better bring my trailer also. some of these are big!
CP
Just updated the prize list...... :o ;) :D and a couple of VERY SWEET additions they are . B) :D

Scientific Engineering gave a "Chuck's Gold Trapper" for the prizes and said he is trying to make the rally. THANK YOU CHUCK! We all sure hope you can make it. :D

Tom Massie made a personal donation while he was at the gold show. Tom took out some time away from everyone to autograph hats and gold pans just for the rally.
THANK YOU TOM! I'm sure they are going to make a big hit at the rally. :D

Scott from ICMJ also gave us three boxes of the ICMJ mags for the rally too.
THANK YOU SCOTT!

It's just gettin better and better! ;) :D

Russ, since we have to do the games rather than raffles I think we may have to wait. Dang it!
Unless............... we can think of a game that could have ticket sales ahead of time in the forums. :)

CP
Denise
When we were at the Denver Gold Show, my son Mike (The Boy Detector) was helping Frank and Mindy with some things at their vending booth. As a thank you to him, Mindy Gave him a Blue Bowl Standard Kit for helping out.

I am VERY PROUD to announce that he decided to donate it to the Rocky Mountain Miners Rally.
wub.gif He is a great hard working kid, and im proud to call him my son!! Thats my boy!! wub.gif

Here is a link to Frank and Mindy's website Pioneer Mining Supplies
jmann
Deeds such as that say a whole lot about mom and pop to ;) Soulds like a great family. :) jmann
russau
hear,hear!!!
leonard
You can see a video of Tom Massie donating the pans and hats at http://www.golddredger.com/2004goldshow/gpaa.htm Thanks again to the GPAA for their support!
Leonard
thegeno
D and D I still like the "Duck Race" idea... the more I think about it, the more I like it... It would be cheap, easy to run and It would take care of the "Skill" requirement that Colorado law requires for prizes... not to mention the FUN of it.

I can just picture a bunch of folks chasing after these styrofoam "ducks" shootin them with water pistols to hurry them along.. you would probably have to have several heats, with the winners of the heats running a "final" to see who the ultimate winner is.

geno
Phil(NM)
What about used equipment.... lightly used but not abused? Can you raffle off that kind of stuff or is it too tacky? Reason I ask is I have a lot of extra gold pans, all kinds, sizes and shapes. some metal, some plastic. Even a square one with a handle....
I'm sure other miners have stuff they bought, tried, and don't use anymore too!
Idea too tacky?

Phil(NM)
Phil(NM)
Or....

How about raffling off a mining claim? Surely there are open areas up there that have a little gold on them that are worth claiming and raffling?

I know several places down here that have some gold, and are open for claim. One area even has a stream with gold in the gravel bars...

Maybe you could raffle these off as a "learn to" , or training thing. You know, bid to learn how to file a mining claim from start to finish, including the actual claim you just learned to file?

The costs of the "lesson", materials and filing fees could come from the winning bid.

Put a minumim start bid of $1K on it. Costs of lessons, research, travel (for instructor only), etc shouldn't be over $500.00, leaving at least $500 for the rally coffers.... hopefuly more!

What'cha think?

Phil
CP
Tacky?! :o :D NO WAY! laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's a great idea! There will be lots of folks who will be interested in used equipment.
Good idea for the claim lesson through to filing.......... B) ;) :D
Actually that's very similar to what the winner of the Colorado Prospector Lifetime membership will receive..... :o :D
A claim that has already been filed would be real neat but don't have one of those on hand to put up, only have one personal claim and I'm a keepin that one! laugh.gif :P laugh.gif
Ya never know though.....someone just might be able to pull that off! That would be cool.

The duck race is gonna have to happen..... :) I'm gonna have to do some checkin for materials.

Thanks for the video Leonard, I'll have to watch it somewhere with a better connection though..... <_< Dang land lines!

Thanks Jmann, Russ. He's a good kid.... most of the time.... laugh.gif :D laugh.gif
But he's mine on the other days as you can see ..... :P :P :P

CP
jmann
Duck race mellow.gif , shoooting :o ? MORE MORE MORE Lets here more :D :D :D :D .jmann
CP
Matt sent out 2 CD's the other day with his donation.
One titled "How to Find Gold In Rivers & Streams with Matt Mattson" and the second
is titled "Ferry Flight-A Flight Across America". :D :D
THANK YOU MATT!

We also received a package from Cornwall84 that had some coins and trinkets.
But buried inside a bag underneath there was also a Roman coin that is 1500 years old.
Neat! We've pulled that one aside to give as one of the special prizes from the kids treasure hunt. :)
THANK YOU CORNWALL84!

Motorbike Mike had a good idea with a colored token for a special prize that the kids can find in the sawdust and then collect the special prize.
We'll set the 2 commemerative silvers, the Roman coin, and some old U.S. silvers aside for this.... ;)

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.