Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11 Pounds of Gold found with metal detector
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
ASTROBLEME
This jsut in...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...xlgpdgD9ATNGLO1

jawdrop.gif
Coalbunny
I figure the rough value of that stuff is right around $8.2 million US Dollars.
CP
smiley-shocked003.gif
WOWSER!
Now there are two happy fellas! Can just imagine how loud the hollarin' was that day. excited.gif
Cornwall must be goin' nuts about this one.
biggrin.gif
cornwall84
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Sep 25 2009, 06:28 AM) *
smiley-shocked003.gif
WOWSER!
Now there are two happy fellas! Can just imagine how loud the hollarin' was that day. excited.gif
Cornwall must be goin' nuts about this one.
biggrin.gif

Oh Yeah, Nice find.
Andy
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Sep 24 2009, 07:23 AM) *

Just an FYI - that article is no longer available. I sure wish i could'a seen it! i just bought a White's GMT, and links like that sure perk my eyes up!
CP
Hi Andy, welcome to the forums. sign0016.gif
That one is a cool story and I think you'll enjoy the read. Here is an upto date link from the msnbc website.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33004687/ns/te...cience-science/
The total number of pieces found was about 1,500 smiley-shocked003.gif

Good luck out there with your new detector too.

CP
Persistence
That is sweet!

If you find anything like that in the states, keep your mouth shut! Bury it back up or melt it down.

The government and Smithsonian will swoop in, take it all and you will probably end up in prison.

Just my two cents.
dbx
QUOTE (Persistence @ Nov 17 2010, 11:00 PM) *
That is sweet!

If you find anything like that in the states, keep your mouth shut! Bury it back up or melt it down.

The government and Smithsonian will swoop in, take it all and you will probably end up in prison.

Just my two cents.

... on that note, just in case I ever do make a 'find',
is there a thread somewhere else here - explaining
process for melting / selling found gold ?
Denise
smileywaving.gif Hi dbx and welcome to the CP forums! You can do a search in the forums found at the top of the page in the grey bar. We have several threads going with great information that could help you.

Stay safe out there and good luck!
dbx
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jan 14 2013, 08:07 AM) *
smileywaving.gif Hi dbx and welcome to the CP forums! You can do a search in the forums found at the top of the page in the grey bar. We have several threads going with great information that could help you.

Stay safe out there and good luck!

Thanks for the Welcome - I did browse thru many threads,
but did not see one about melting 'found' gold, and how to
go about selling it.
Not saying I've found anything, just - what if . . .
russau
darn it anyway! i knew i should have hide/burried it better!
Denise
I guess it is all in the key words you enter into the search dbx. EvilErnie started a thread a while back about doing just that in a potato. Several threads, you might want to use the advanced search features? That could help also.

Here is a story about a 12 pound nugget found with a detector in Australia just recently...... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif jawdrop.gif Was that you Trevor (TWA)?? laugh.gif

Bet he doesn't melt it down though giggle.gif .... Pretty nugget, check it out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.