Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrick Gold spent $340,000.00 lobbying govt.
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
CP
We thought this was of interest to all if you hadn't already seen it.

From CNBC........
"Barrick Gold Corp., the world's biggest gold producer, paid $340,000 to lobby in the second quarter on mining law reform, clean energy and water issues, according to a recent disclosure report.

The company's North American unit also lobbied on legislation dealing with the gold standard, health care reform and international tax issues, according to the report filed July 20 with the House clerk's office.
Toronto-based Barrick's mines include several operations in Nevada."

For the full details check
CNBC's article.

Awesome news! Miners make it happen!! happy088.gif

CP
russau
this is the company that PLP needs to get to help fund the defense! but the artical doesent say how they want the industry togo! most of the big mines want it their way and dont give a sqwat about small scale miners. infact ive seen where they wanted laws changed that would run small scale miners out of business in order they get favoring laws/exemptions for themselves. kinda like the logging industry 8/10 years ago, when the bigger logging companys paid wacoenviromentalists big money to leave them alone and to help run the smaller logging companys out of business so they wont have ANY compitition!but i dont want to imply that Barrick mining is doing that, the artical didnt go into that kind of detail. but you gotta watch the details, cause you could get what you really dont want!
CP
Yep Russ you are right, the article doesn't go into those details and I don't know the company well enough to say either.
I just thought it's a bit of positive to post about, Barrick is the worlds largest gold producer based out of Canada. They operate in Nevada and it's in their interest to spend over $110k monthly to protect those interests.
Like I said....just a bit of positive or "miners making it happen" happy088.gif

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.