Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 16 Ton Gold Ore Dinosaur Fossil Is Missing!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Fossil Finds, Processes, Adventures and Outings
ASTROBLEME
Hello Everyone:

I've spent many years trying to track down all the information I could find available about a petrified dinosaur fossil named GENEVIEVE. The specimen was recovered from the London Mine near Alma, Colorado. Sometime after it was prepared for exhibition and put on display at Colorado College in August 1932, it disappeared from public view.

The best newspaper report detailing the specimen along with a photograph is attached below. Does anyone have any further knowledge of this matter?

Thanks,

ASTROBLEME

Click to view attachment
CP
Very cool story WOW! A golden fossil! happy088.gif Too bad it disappeared though darn it. Hopefully it shows up somewhere in the near future, what a cool specimen.

Thanks for posting that up Johnny. Sorry I have not seen anything about it before this to add in but maybe someone else has a tid bit or two.

CP
Coalbunny
Call University of Utah, School of Natural Sciences and ask for Professor Jim Kirkland. If anyone knows, it'd be him.
ASTROBLEME
Here's the newspaper article...

Click to view attachment

russau
some universitys and state geological departments have been known to keep some of their finds at their home for their private collections and have been found out and prosicuted for it. Alabama and Florida come to mind. they may want to start their search in this area.
Hawkewind
I have taken archaeology classes at CU and one class had us go into the university musuem bowels.....what we found stored there, out of the public eyes, was tremendous. Some things they won't show due to the sensitive nature of the items or the current law on the books. Not saying this one is in a musuem basement but you never know....only 5% of the Smithsonian is viewed by the public......miles of underground corridors hold the other 95%
Coalbunny
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jan 14 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Here's the newspaper article...

Click to view attachment

WOOO HOO! I FOUND IT!
I found it! I found it! I found it! I found it! I found it! I found it! I found it! I FOUND IT! WOO HOO!

QUOTE (russau)

smiley-shocked003.gif

greensmilies-017.gif
russau
now Carl, what are you going todo with it! beleive me, it wont taste good or make good stone soup!
Coalbunny
Someone edited my post it seems.....
CP
Oops my bad Coalbunny, I thought that was a broken/unwanted quote box with no text in it. unsure.gif
I replaced it now.....sorry, didn't realize that was suppose to be there.
smile.gif

CP
Coalbunny
No worries. What do you think, just out of curiosity, he'll do? I guess we first gotta break him out of the retirement home...... smiley-laughing021.gif
robt3wile@aol.com
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Jul 25 2009, 11:19 AM) *
Hello Everyone:

I've spent many years trying to track down all the information I could find available about a petrified dinosaur fossil named GENEVIEVE. The specimen was recovered from the London Mine near Alma, Colorado. Sometime after it was prepared for exhibition and put on display at Colorado College in August 1932, it disappeared from public view.

The best newspaper report detailing the specimen along with a photograph is attached below. Does anyone have any further knowledge of this matter?

Thanks,

ASTROBLEME

Click to view attachment

I have heard of the fossiled golden dino but have no clue where it is .I also know that there was a radioactive T-Rex found in the same area ,close to RED HILL PASS in south park have fun tracking down the golden dino .You might check with the USGS coloradoto see if they might know ,or the museum itself
CP
I fixed your post Rob, you had your text mixed in with the quote. smile.gif
That would be really cool to hear about the T-rex from Park county too, do you have any more details?

Be really cool to find out where the Genevive is as well, anyone got any tid bits that might help?

CP
Kurt
London Mine is a very pretty place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.