Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AB 670 - Sent a letter to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
wheasonjr
I have sent a letter to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger pointing out some legal reasons on SB 670 that have not been addressed up to now. I also have a form in PDF that other concerned parties can send in. This is at the bottom of the page. Just print and fill in your information and send ASAP. Here is the address of the article:Letter to Governor

Walter H. Eason, Jr.
Equal Access to Justice
National Outdoor Recreation Council
America's Mining and Prospecting
Gold Life (GPAA)
rokonrandy
QUOTE (wheasonjr @ Jun 9 2009, 03:01 PM) *
I have sent a letter to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger pointing out some legal reasons on SB 670 that have not been addressed up to now. I also have a form in PDF that other concerned parties can send in. This is at the bottom of the page. Just print and fill in your information and send ASAP. Here is the address of the article:Letter to Governor

Walter H. Eason, Jr.
Equal Access to Justice
National Outdoor Recreation Council
America's Mining and Prospecting
Gold Life (GPAA)

letter is fine if it is all you can do. You could argue that we the people have a right to do this acativity and the land it is done on has be a place were it has happened before state hood for Ca. So recomended reading The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. R
russau
coping/using form letters counts as 1 comment(totally). but using Walts letter for an example for your own hand written letter is a much better idea!each letter then counts as 1 comment. but the important thing here is to get them to the Gov now!before its to late.if this is passed, it WILL come back to bite us in ALL the states!
wheasonjr
QUOTE (rokonrandy @ Jun 10 2009, 10:52 AM) *
letter is fine if it is all you can do. You could argue that we the people have a right to do this acativity and the land it is done on has be a place were it has happened before state hood for Ca. So recomended reading The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. R

There is a lot more to this letter than what meets the eye. That is why I consintrated on this one point, most others have been talked about already. Having EIR's become non-final will open up a big can of worms all the way around, not only in mining or on public lands but in all walks of life. A lot of constitutional issues.
This letter is only to get the Gov. to look further into the ramifications of actions of the state legislature. To copy the same letter is not bad for it is not a comment period, to add your own issues is very good also.

Walter H. Eason, Jr.
russau
and as Walt indicated, anything we send in will help! lets send in lots of comments!
russau
QUOTE (rokonrandy @ Jun 10 2009, 09:52 AM) *

Randy is correct! if a letter is all you can do. personnally speaking to your "representatives" is another. contacting your local papers,tv stations, informing the general public is another. its really supprising the amount of people that dont know whats going on in politics, even some in small scale mining. some people just dont want tobe bothered!we at DEF used to have rallys so we could spread this info. but we couldnt find any clubs /groups that would help, so this went away!informing the public in anyway you can and for everyone todo this is what we need!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.