Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado Fire Restrictions
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Living Off The Lands
Denise
It doesn't look like there are any fire restrictions for Colorado YET, but here is a link to the BLM, to keep everyone updated on any there might be. mellow.gif

Fire Restrictions For Colorado
russau
i will check back to this site often. if im camping out at the rally, id sure like to have a fire at night to swap stories over! besides ,itll help me find my cooler!
Coalbunny
When in doubt, use white phosphorus....
Carl
Denise
:( Sorry Russ! Check this out. http://www.co.clear-creek.co.us/Depts/Sher...04_Fire_ban.htm

However if you are staying in a State or forestservice campground, you can have a fire in the established fire pits in the campgrounds... huh.gif ....but that could also change at any time, so keep checking back with this link.

I'm just looking to the skies for rain! and hoping. mellow.gif
Coalbunny
If someone goes out and starts a campfire just about anywhere without following the "proper" precautions, yeah there's a risk. But if they know what they're doing, I imagine the deputies would be a bit leniant on them. Rangers, OTOH....
...well, to them if you're so much as breathing, that's apparently too much for them.
Barney-mi
Mrs-cp How much rain do you need we got about 9 inches in 2 weeks time :(
Have'nt got in the creeks yet maby this weekend :)
Barney B)
leonard
"smoking; and lawn, weed, ditch or crop burning; "

I bet they don't enforce the smoking part.
Leonard
ME CO
They did 2 years ago- Ranger came and yelled at me for smoking on a rock in the middle of the Arkansas river. Said I had to be in my truck with windows all rolled up LOL. Wouldn't want the trees to get cancer. I told him water didn't burn but he didn't believe me. Mark
russau
mark, you should of asked him if it was o.k. to smoke underwater!
ME CO
I got the impression that unless my truck was underwater it didn't matter. Mark
russau
well heck! then youd get in trouble for driving in the river! i cant hear the radio under water very good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.