Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campers or tents
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Gat-Wa.
happy070.gif NO NO Tent for me !!!! hehe heres Gats new home away from home!!! biggrin.gif has lots more storing places and hot and cold water 3 way fridge and freezer it was used only one time the man ses and i have to say it sure looks like thats the case it will do me well im sure grin
Gat.
CP
Nice camper Gat, should be comfy out on the prospecting adventures to come.

CP
russau
Gat your getting soft in your "old"age! haha, nice camper! i cant do tents anymore either! i sleep in my hardware store! haha, long story!
ASTROBLEME
When I was kid just growing up, my family of 4 traveled all over Colorado using an overhead camper. That camper is still ready to go and has worn out four 3/4 ton pickups.

Now that I am all grown up, I can't fit into the overhead campers anymore. So now I rely on a tent but having spent far too many nights on the ground, I shopped around and found that there are "high tech" tents that custom fit into the bed of a pickup. I just put the tent up in a few short minutes and then use the 12 volt plug in to quickly inflate a queen size air mattress and I am set for the night.

One thing I like to take advantage of is the space that I can still use to transport provisions (beer, meat and 'taters) in the truck bed on the way out to the prospects and then fill up the truck bed with ore for the trip back home. Here's a photo of my current set-up;

Click to view attachment

If I can find a beer truck to modify like this, I'll give it a try for next season!

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME
russau
i was looking at one of those tents.but i have a 16x7 enclosed trailer i tow that has all of my stuff always packed to go! i hate loading and unloading things just to go somewhere. im getting to old and beatup to do all of that!
thegeno
AMEN RUSS!...unfortunately, I have had to go back to tenting since I had to sell my off-road Pop-Up! At least el Dorado is enjoying it!

geno
lovelyperson
How is it with Reptiles in Colorado?
Just asking as i like Tents too
ScottKS
I Say Camper!!!.......Here is mine i just got yesturday thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Sidekick
Pics I Took
Click to view attachment
Website Pics http://www.rvtraderonline.com/listing/2008...ICK-12-97965764 (don't know how long these will be posted)
Click to view attachment

Facebook Video I Made
http://www.facebook.com/v/10150245626267099
russau
all the comforts of home!
h20prospector
QUOTE (russau @ Jan 25 2009, 07:16 AM) *
i was looking at one of those tents.but i have a 16x7 enclosed trailer i tow that has all of my stuff always packed to go! i hate loading and unloading things just to go somewhere. im getting to old and beatup to do all of that!

Russ,

Due to our lovely economy, I won't say who messed it up, I tent camp happy070.gif . I have to have my aerobed though, as I can't take the hard ground any more. I recently got a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, and it doesn't have to cargo space my Subaru had! I need to find a 4x8 or 5x10 utility trailer to haul my gear leaving the cargo area for my tent, aerobed, and sleeping bag. When are you going to make a trip out to Colorado? We don't have floods, but do have unseasonably HOT weather.

Pat
russau
Pat ill be out that way sometime in September after the labor Day weekend. yep you need a trailer for sure! i hate packing and unpacking for a trip!! i probly bring to much stuff with me, but its a long way back to St. Louis,Misery to get something i forgot to bring!
Voltaire
Tent or in a worst case under a tree. A simple shelter near a water source can mostly always be built. :)

If I want all the comfort of home.. I might just as well stay home! lol
In my young age it doesn't matter. :P
kmontoya911
I don't have any pics of my camper, so I'll post a pic of my tent. I would vote tent for myself and oldest daughter, but have to go with the camper if my wife and younger ones go with.

Here is my oldest on her first prospecting trip earlier this summer.

The tent was necessary, because a pop up camper wouldn't make it to where we took the tent in the Jeep.
rorybagleys
We are fortunate enough to have a semi-permanent portable building set up near our claim. It's a small fabric covered building by Alaska Structures. I got a good deal on it second hand. We stay dry and keep warm with a propane heater or two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.