Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: obamas green plan, first 100 days
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic > Off The Wall
russau
this was just postedover on the GPAA site. its a 391 page "document" that should be studied closely! theres a lot of new and restrenthend older programs that is going tobe initiated in the next 100 days of obamas time in office. its very clear that the agenda is "out with all of bushs projects" and back with slick willys plus a new surge in guberment employees into these projects with emphsis on new green employees. i quickly veiwed this and while i didnt see anything jump out at me about prospecting/dredgeing, i did notice that most of the programs will undermine mining or be again used against us.get informed and get involved! the link to this "doument" is: http://www.landrights.org/GreenPlan4obama.pdf
russau
im kinda suprised there wasnt a comment towards this. theres a section of this"document" that deals with Colorado. what ive breifly read and took from this was that they are setting all kinds of avenues inwhich can be used to keep us out of the streams/land for prospecting all in the name of enviroment. this is a lengthy "document"(391 pages) but its a insight into what we will be up against for the next 4 years.
CP
Don't know about everyone else but I've not yet had a chance to dig into this 391 page pdf but will be browsing through it soon as I can.
Sure everyone is gonna' look it over when they can keep the coffee comin' as it's gonna' take awhile. laugh.gif
Thanks for the link Russ.

Here's another one about the up coming administration that maybe hopefully a bit more positive or that preverbial "light at the end of the dark tunnel"?
Oddly enough, and to the suprise of many in the enviro you know what world.........The president elects appointed person to take on the secratary of the interior position (head of BLM/Mining) will be Ken Salazar from Colorado. He's known as someone who's pro mining.

Here's a link to that story at Mineweb.

ASTROBLEME
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jan 15 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Here's another one about the up coming administration that maybe hopefully a bit more positive or that preverbial "light at the end of the dark tunnel"?
Oddly enough, and to the suprise of many in the enviro you know what world.........The president elects appointed person to take on the secratary of the interior position (head of BLM/Mining) will be Ken Salazar from Colorado. He's known as someone who's pro mining.

Here's a link to that story at Mineweb.

Hello Everyone:

When Ken Salazar was appointed, I was rather surprised but excited as well. Having worked for and with Ken while he was with the Colorado Department of Natural Resources, I had gained respect for his views of mining here in Colorado.

Everyone needs to be involved if they want to protect their interests. I've been a member of Colorado Mining Association for a few years. Recently they/we were successful in getting the Colorado Supreme Court to agree to continue the use of cyanide leach methods for gold extraction. I'm proud to have been able to assist them with support for that worthy cause.

If you have an opinion or want to promote a position politically, I would encourage you to seek out like minded folks and join up with them. That is the best way to protect your interests without having to hire your own attorney or lobbyist.

Sincerely,

ASTROBLEME
rokonrandy
Take a look at the Dec issue of the National Geographic and the story on the Klamath River. Good read and the feed back from future issues will tell how engaged you are in the process. How many of you attend mining meetings were nothing real happens? Gaiah Cult remember that name? On the more positive side of things I see a good time to bring forth a resolution declaring the Ice Age from the 70s officially over, it would make a good PR issue if we are gong head on into a collective insanity about climate change. Remeber the collective insanity that sweep threw you people and how ego trips lead to law suits and for what. The same thing the last generation got for the effort when they took the king to court in the kings court. Nothing but a bill for services. Information as it turns out is just a weak excuse for no grit. When you follow people who have a life time of bad choices, then they make the same bad choices for you. A back ground check should be a required thing for any group who gives money to some one to represent them. It is what a prudent man would do. Now is the time to shape a new America or have it shaped for you. enough
R
rokonrandy
can not believe I am replying to my own post. Ok 2 things first a recall patition to recall from office the 2 senators from Oregon that voted for it, and it has to be done before it gets to the house. A strong mesage has to be sent and this is a good way of doing it, it may cost a bit so what what do u loose if this passes? 2. for the Klamath river issue. A resolution declaring your triditional rights to do this activity. This is a follow up on the issue that was in front of the county government on dredging on the Klamath river issue. There are no excucess for this not to happend and I am suprised that I have to bring it up. There is a way to trump the Indians. R
rokonrandy
QUOTE (rokonrandy @ Feb 10 2009, 11:40 AM) *
can not believe I am replying to my own post. Ok 2 things first a recall patition to recall from office the 2 senators from Oregon that voted for it, and it has to be done before it gets to the house. A strong mesage has to be sent and this is a good way of doing it, it may cost a bit so what what do u loose if this passes? 2. for the Klamath river issue. A resolution declaring your triditional rights to do this activity. This is a follow up on the issue that was in front of the county government on dredging on the Klamath river issue. There are no excucess for this not to happend and I am suprised that I have to bring it up. There is a way to trump the Indians. R

guess what? R
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.