Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Halloween Goodies
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Denise
Being a rockhound, I was thinking this year it would be better to pass out tumbled stones.
All year we have been tumbling all kinds of Colorado goodies.
(Agates, petrified wood, dino bone, Jasper and more...)
Now its time to share them with the kids.

Better sending them home with a little knowledge and a keep sake.
All chocolate can be given to me. wink.gif
What do you think?
happy088.gif
Denise
Giving out tumbled stones was alot more popular than I was thinking it was going to be! happy088.gif
They were more than happy to have a rock instead of candy! Seems some didnt even want to leave, they wanted to hang out looking at all the rocks.

I highly recommend doing this for halloween. What a satisfying feeling, polishing stones you found and sharing them with the children.
You will know what Im talking about when you see the looks and smiles on their faces as you give out the rocks.

You can even do a little test If you dont have alot of tumbled stones, and have both stones with candy. See what one is the more popular choice....... wink.gif
Denise
Has anyone else tumbled stones for the kids this year? eating-popcorn-03.gif

Remember...All chocolate should be sent to me for inspection.
music037.gif
Denise
smileywaving.gif

Thought I would bump this thread back up today and wish everyone a Happy Halloween! candle_smiley.gif
fenixsmom
Happy Halloween D!!!!
NewRockHounder
I just hope the kids don't think it's a jaw breaker... smiley-shocked003.gif
Caveman
OW!
MikeS
Happy Haloween! Tumbled stones are a good idea. I don't have a tumbler yet but I have some rough stuff to do something with. I may try my hand at stone carving. chores041.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.