Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tesoro Lobo
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
OkieJon
Are the Minelab dectectors(3500-4500) really several thousand bucks better than a Lobo??

I am planning on buying a dredge sometime but it seems a detector and a sluice would be a cheap way to get started,unless one buys the upper Minelabs!
ScottKS
Yes i believe Minelabs are the best on the market and do go deeper to find the smaller objects.....but you get what you pay for and for me i can't afford that kinda $$$$$ so i guess i'm just going for the bigger not as deep objects seeing i'm not rich.....i would say for a beginner don't go for the big expensive...start smaller and work your way up to better.......i won't get a Minelab until i pay for my Gold Strike and find enough with it to get me a Minelab tongue.gif
OkieJon
Scott,I have seen from your other post that you detect some.
Can you recommend a better gold detector than the Lobo in that price range?

Jon
ScottKS
I hear Lobo is good machine but i'm not for sure....i have a Fisher Goldstrike machine.......and the reason for that is because Fisher has been around the longest.....i really haven't got to really test it.....in about 3 more months i will have a better guess on my machine seeing i'm moveing to Phoenix area in Oct.
toddarice
The lobo is a good detector, however it is not in the same class as say a gpx4000 or 4500. But then again, nothing is. For the money, the whites GMT is probably the best. But since lots of folks like to have a detector that hunts for both gold and coins, the whites M6 is the way to go.
Gold detectors use a higher frequency to detect gold. Different metals are detected best with different frequencies, thus the wide range of "specialty" detectors available on the market today. So, the considerations are; 1. How much are you willing to spend? 2. Do want strictly a gold detector or an "all-around" detector (like the best on the market-the DFX)? 3. Are you willing to spend a lot of time digging pinheads (minelabs)?
See, almost any detector will find a fist sized nugget at two feet. The minelabs find smaller nuggets deeper. Me, I don't care to waste my time digging tiny flakes. Would rather be spending the same amount of time searching for the big ones, lol......
But now whites just came out with a new PI detector that can blow the minelabs away.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.