Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Museum Donation
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
CP
Hey Everyone,

Denise and I are very happy and proud to say that the Pikes Peak Historical Society's new museum in Florrisant accepted two pieces we recently donated for display. The pieces are both Dreamtime pieces and we donated them because of their unusual combinations. The pieces are both pseudomorphs of hematite after siderite. First one a smaller piece (3 x 2 cm) with fluorites peppered here and there.....the second a medium sized hand piece (11 x 5 cm) of the same pseudo but with a small 2 cm euhedral smokey quartz crystal and then on the rear face a large flourite.
The museum of course had several pieces of the pseudo's but none that had fluorites.......but now they do. happy.gif

Thank you all for helping to make this possible as the pieces were donated not only by Denise and myself, but also ColoradoProspector.com which you are all a part of.
cool.gif

Next time you are up that way stop in and browse around.
CP
russau
SALUTE for you civic pride!
jim
Very cool indeed.You guys have got to be the coolest collectors on the web to give up pieces of museum quality.You probably could have made good money on them and yet chose to let us all have them instead.Hats off to our fearless leaders.
cornwall84
Nice one.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
russau
i was thinking........since gold is raising notice in the news and to further spread info on small scale mining that id ask the local library if theyd be interested in me setting up a gold display(pans/gold/info) in their display case for a month. we are trying to establish a new gpaa club here in St. Louis Mo. and im looking at this particular library to hold the meetings at. atleast for the time being. thought this maybe of interest to the public.
CP
Thank you everyone. happy.gif

Cool Russ, hope that goes well with the library too.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.