Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: support
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
russau
remember to support the dealers that are supporting this rally when you need to replace some equipment that you need.dan has a growing list of dealers that are donating to this rally and they are supporting us. lets help support them also when you buy! i did! ask doug. and when you do call to buy something,remember to say you saw their name as a supporter of this rally and you want to support them! they would like to hear that!
Denise
I just wanted to come in here and thank EVERYONE who has supported the rally.
Without all your support, this wouldnt be possible. wub.gif :)
Coalbunny
Well Ms. Cp, I got one, maybe two specimens of the quartz off of Rawlins Peak, I'll donate. An' it ain't junk quartz, either! Though I'm pretty sure it's be a far better specimen if "someone" could take a rock saw to it and trim the waste off it.... ;)
Carl
Denise
Thank You Carl!! Thats very generous of you. I sent out a couple of P.L.P. cards to you, so you will have our address. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Im looking forward to meeting you. :)
Denise
I have been working on getting funds for the kids Sawdust Treasurehunt.
I have made up cans to put at the stores to get more coins/trinkets for the kids sawdust hunt.

I want to get a bunch of coins, tokens, copper nuggets, rocks and crystals etc...... to put in a big sawdust pile for the kids to dig for FREE
It's important to have something for the kids to do, that they will enjoy and think is fun. wub.gif
And the more they find, the happier they will be. These are going over great in the rock shops!!
Age limit will be 13 and under.
Coalbunny
I hope to get my rock saw together in a week or so, depending on the weather. Hopefully I can trim 29.8 pounds off the sample so I can get the .2 pound specimen. huh.gif
Carl
russau
denise, thats a great idea! and its so cool to see our/these kids having fun!
Coalbunny
One thing I used to use for kids and treasure hunting is Mexican currency. The coins are cheap, and they look like they're gold plated or something. With the exchange rate different now than it was then, that makes the purchase price a bit more. I remember when I became a Mexican millionaire for $35!
CP
35 bucks to be a millionare....WOOHOOO! :D laugh.gif

Thank you for the donation Carl!
If ya don't get the saw going let me know, I can help ya trim er down a bit.... ;) :)

Foriegn currency would be good, and also small polished stones, commeratives, old wheaties and silver, copper nuggets ...... etc.
We have four of these out in local shops. The more we can collect then we can just let the youngsters have at it all day.... :D
So feel free to collect some at your local store and bring them out for the rally if anyone is thinking of it..... :)

Russ is right, we do need to support the folks who support us!
I thought this would be a great place to post the list of business and organizations that are or have supported the rally already.

Colorado Prospector www.coloradoprospector.com/index.html - Hosting/organizers
The Argo Mine and Mill www.historicargotours.com/
Poor Boys Prospecting Toys
The Dreamtime Mine www.innergalacticmining.com/
The Finders Professional Scanning
Keene Engineering www.keeneeng.com/
Gold Prospectors Association of America www.goldprospectors.org/
Tom's Treasure Chest
Squeeky Clean Car Wash
Gold-N-Detectors www.gold-n-detectors.com/
The Nederland Mining Museum The Nederland Mining Museum
Gold Prospectors of the Rockies www.lornet.com/prospector//index.html
Indian Springs Resort www.indianspringsresort.com/
Highside Adventure Tours www.raftingcolorado.com/
FoxPeak.net
Jim Davis - Author www.deepcreekpress.com/
Colorado Nuggets www.coloradonuggets.com/default.asp
Air-O-Pure
Grubstakers
Clear Creek Supply
The Phoenix Gold Mine www.phoenixgoldmine.com/
Vic's Gold Panning Vic's Gold Panning
Gat's Dredging School
The Prospector Store
Miners Response Team
Dredge Earth First
Sandy's Detectors and Gus (From Minelab)
Matt with the Georgetown Rock Shop www.georgetownrockshop.com/
The City of Idaho Springs http://www.idahospringsco.com/
Chuck's Gold Trapper

And we would also like to thank those of you who had personal donations and/or purchases for the rally auctions....

Russau
Geno
Redpaw
Gat.Co.
DBinCo
Motorbike Mike and youngens
Mrs.CP
CoalBunny
Pink
Sgaolson
Wyodust
Jmann
Barney-mi
ME CO
The Boy Detector
Tom Massie
Cornwall84
Wet Wil
Jerry-wyo
Pick&Shovel
gold tutor
Doug MI
JAW
UGLY DOG
David-CO.
Tom-ia
Matt Mattson
Bob-Oh
Blue Mountain
coargonaut
Phil(NM)

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Wow What a list!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
</span>
Now I sure hope I haven't missed anyone here...... blink.gif
Let me know ifin I did and we'll get em in here PRONTO!

I did speak with Proline yesterday. Mike told me that he would probably put something together and send out to Doug at the Prospector Store for the rally. :D ;)
Said he would check out all our info here and let us know.

Also spoke with Keith from Poor Boys, and he is sending the brandnew updated version of the all aluminum dredge. :) ^_^
We'll have a pic of it soon.

I'm sure several more will be added to these lists in the near future.......
Now off to post ....... oh yeah I was! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

CP
russau
hey now, dont forget carl(coalbunny)!!!!!!
russau
dan, i wonder if you could post the venders web addys by their names, so people could kinda get a peek at their wares prior to the rally. it might help wet our appetite! everyone likes free advertising especially when they are donating a item for the rally!
CP
Coalbunny is in there Russ.... :)

And now there are links to the websites for those who have them..... ^_^
Sorry was in a hurry earlier to invite the Forest Service to the rally.
Now all the links are added..... I think. blink.gif

CP
Coalbunny
Anytime, CP!

It's looking like it's gonna take me a while to get that saw hooked up. I have the table it's going on, but have to reassemble it. Means replcing bolts I lost (duh!). Then bolting the saw down so it's tough to steal. Then hooking the motor up to the saw and then piddling with it. BTW, I have no experience with the saw! But in due time!
Carl
Redpaw
Hey CP,
I was thinking....( smell that? Quick grab a hose or stomp on my head to put it out )

As you talk to some of these potential vendors and possible participants....Find out if they can be enticed by adding their banner to the MRT Site as an added bonus for participating in the RMMR 2004 Rally...

Basically let them know that we'd be willing to add them to the Website as a "Thank You" and see if that will help sway them into coming aboard.

Now as for the rest of the Vendors already aboard, if they would like to have their banner added to the MRT site...all they;d have to do is say YES and I'll spark the fire under the Webmasters' azz and get em' on it.

( call the Fire Dept, there's smoke and EPA violations goin on )

Redpaw
CP
Hey! What's that smell? Quick! Someone stomp him out, he's a smokin.....lol

Just added Sandy's Detectors to the list and Gus from Minelab has donated a "Eureka Gold" detector to the prize list! :D
Thanks to Sandy for putting in a good word for us. ;)

Thanks again to Sandy and Gus. Can't wait till June! B)
YAAAAAHOOOOOOO!

CP
Denise
Your so smart Redpaw......... ^_^ Thanks for your generous offer!
I have put together a supporters of the rally page on the CP website. It was well worth my time wub.gif . I will be adding more info to this page over time, so check back for updates.
I love how long this list is growing!!
Just scroll down to the "SUPPORT THOSE SUPPORTING THE RALLY" button, and click it. ;)
http://www.coloradoprospector.com/rally04.html
Denise
Just added Barney-mi to the list for his support for the rally in the auctions... :)
Thanks Barney! Editing CP's posts was my pleasure. ;) laugh.gif laugh.gif
CP
This week we are adding the City of Idaho Springs who approved our road closure and even donated the use of their barricades for the rally.
Also added is The Georgetown Rock Shop, Matt is donating a bunch of copper nuggets for the kids treasure hunt. Thanks Matt the kids will love them.
(added to list in previous posting)
We'll keep adding them as they come in..... ;) :)

CP
Denise
Thank You ME CO!! ^_^ He donated a sweet nugget for the rally at the GPAA gold show set up. I'm proud to add you to the supporters list! Thanks again Mark. :)

Denise
CP
Just updated with.....
Cornwall84
Wet Wil
Jerry-wyo

who stepped up to the plate to help get the insurance needed.
And several more folks are sending pony express..... :D
THANK YOU FOLKS!

More updates soon as they come in..... ;)

CP
Denise
Pick&Shovel just added to the pot. Thanks!! ^_^ :D
Denise
Gold tutor has also pitched into the pot. ^_^ Thanks Megan, your awsome! :D
cornwall84
Hi Mrs,CP have you an address that i can mail some coins to. cornwall 84
Denise
Thats GREAT cornwall84! The kids will love them. ;) I'll send you our addy in an e-mail.
Thanks again, your donations are greatly appreciated!

Denise
:)
russau
dan, where do we stand in the area of insurance funds todate? are we there yet?time is running out (5-15?)for the insurance bill to be due! what else can we do to help?
CP
THANK YOU AGAIN EVERYONE! GREAT TURN OUT!
We will call him today and securing the insurance the first of next week! (few days to transfer funds) blink.gif
No worries though, I planned a couple extra days for the insurance guy to get his paperwork done. Then we can deliver copies to the City and Argo owners by the 24th.

Tally as of this morn is $923 bucks and change.....NICE WORK YALL!
Oh yeah! and I didn't get to the post office yesterday so there will be some added I think from what I've read in the posts.... :o ;) :D

Everything is looking good except the 6" of fresh snow that fell last night..... mad.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Man that water is gonna be runnin hard Saturday and cold too..... :o huh.gif
Gat don't forget to bring the drysuit.... ;) :P laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gonna try to get them ducks and shootin supplies ordered this afternoon.... :D :D :D

CP
CP
Updates to the list ..... :D
Some more of the FINE FOLKS who pitched in towards the rally funds over the last couple of days.

dlt18984
russau
sgaolson
Jaw
Ugly Dog
Barney-mi
Dave from Arvada

THANKS EVERYONE!
6 weeks left to go..... :D :D

CP
Denise
And the list of great folks who are donating just keeps growing!! wub.gif
Matt Mattson
Gat-Co.
Tom-ia

Those were some great donations, I'm thrilled at the generosity I'm seeing! :o :D

Tom has also sent Lots of foreign coins to add to the kids sawdust treasure hunt.
Thanks guys, your donations are whats going to make this rally one everyone will always remember! ^_^

Denise
:)
CP
Added to the list over the weekend we have..... :D :D :D

Bob-Oh
Blue Mountain

Thank You for your support and we sure wish all of you could make it out here..... :(
The Mrs. will just have to post lots of pics fer ya, if ya can't be here..... ;)
CP
The G.P.A.A. has donated prizes for the rally but they also put an ad in the Pick & Shovel for the rally! :D
Check out pg 8 of the April issue. Got mine the other day....SWEET! :D
Thank you G.P.A.A. and Ken! That will help gain a bunch more interest. :)

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.