Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Sport Tour Interupted By Topaz Dig
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Human and Mechanically Powered Adventures
J.D. Dana
In June 2007 I got some time to travel CO on my DS bike. Two weeks on the road. On my 1st day out i met a prospector/miner and as we got to talking we decided to dig for a day on his claims. Heres a couple of picts, and i ended up with some nice faceted blue topaz for the effort I do many other DS type tours of shorter that ofter focus on mineral prospecting.

russau
best of both worlds!
faaus
Thanks for that great post JD! You sound like the kind of prospector that all of us want to hear more from!

Please show and tell us more adventures!

Thanks,
faaus
Denise
Looks like a blast........... Colorado is a great place to explore!! cool.gif

Thanks for sharing it with us.
CP
Killer pegs!!! tongue.gif happy.gif
I think those look like some nice digs......but where's the pics of the topaz? ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Nice pic's, looks like it was a fun adventure.

CP
J.D. Dana
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Dec 13 2007, 10:54 AM)
Killer pegs!!! tongue.gif happy.gif
I think those look like some nice digs......but where's the pics of the topaz? ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Nice pic's, looks like it was a fun adventure.

CP

Silly me - this is a prospector's site. Here they are:

cornwall84
Excellent, i just love good photos. do you have more? rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Crusty
Any other folks here ride?

Would love to find some places to ride to & dig. Here's my getting dirty bike.

And for paved roads, here's what I ride.

russau
yep i used to ride back in 86 untill a 85 Buick changed my way of doing things! it was fun while it lasted!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.