Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help protect our rights to prospect
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic > Off The Wall
faaus
I'm posting this on several forums. Please help if you can:

I'm sure that many of you know a group of prospectors from Indiana and Illinois and Wisconsin were recently cited by the DNR for prospecting in an open stretch of Indiana river. Two of them was only panning! The officer chose to cite these prospectors for offenses to regulations which clearly were written to limit large-scale removal of material (sand and gravel) from the rivers, without a permit. The case is scheduled for next month, so there isn't much time to prepare a defense.

I have dredged in that area of the state several times, and each time removed a good bit of lead, metal and glass trash in conjunction with the trip. I'm certain most of you do your share of “ good housekeeping” too. This beneficial service, as well as tourism dollars and many other good things derive from our activities, but are not realized by most folks outside our circle.

Chuck Lassiter (www.midwestprospector,com) is one of those cited and he needs our help to win this legal decision. The outcome will affect Indiana prospecting, and may well affect other areas. Chuck has engaged an attorney and is attempting to educate the DNR (and the public) on the unfairness of outlawing river prospecting.

Most of us contribute freely and donate items to protect our rights as prospectors. Well, in this case these folks are facing fines of from $25-$1000 each. A bigger issue is at stake though. We need to convince the (Indiana) DNR to recognize the worth and value of dredging and get them to render a decision that excludes our activities from the present statute.

I hope that you will join me in lending your support to Chuck and the others who were cited. More importantly, you will be defending everyone's right to river prospecting.

Please send donations and other assistance to Chuck at www.midwestprospector.com

Thanks,
faaus
CP
Hi Faaus,

Thanks for posting this info up.

Also feel free to pass along to who needs it, this link to the Turbidity While Dredging videos that we put together for folks to use as a demonstration in education.

Not only can folks actually see what the nozzle does.......but these are the ONLY VIDEOS THAT SHOW THE TURBIDITY.

These folks might also be interested in reading the thread here on FS Special Use 261 propsal
There is alot of good info there too.....please pass along to anyone who maybe able to make good use of them.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.