Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AB 1032 vetoed
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Land Rights, Laws and References > Fight For Your Rights!
plp.001
Thanks to all of the miners and their pioneer tenacity this was made possible against great odds. PLP and I thank all of you from all over the country for your support especially from those East of Colorado. You are true heros.

Jerry

AB 1032 Vetoed!"

http://gov.ca.gov/pdf/press/2007bills/AB%2...o%20Message.pdf

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1032 without my signature.

The purpose of this bill is to protect fish and wildlife from the potential deleterious effects of suction dredge mining. Although I appreciate the author’s intent and the need to protect our fish, wildlife, and water resources, this bill is unnecessary.

Current law gives the Department of Fish and Game (Department) the necessary authority to protect fish and wildlife resources from suction dredge mining. It has promulgated regulations and issues permits for this activity. Permits for suction dredge mining must ensure that these operations are not deleterious to fish and allow the Department to specify the type and size of equipment to be used. In its regulations, the Department may also designate specific waters or areas that are closed to dredging.

It is unclear why this bill specifically targets a number of specific waterways for closure or further restrictions. The listed waterways represent only a small fraction of the waters in our State where suction dredging is occurring. The benefit or protection from such a minor closure is negligible and supports the notion that scientific environmental review should precede such decisions.

Sincerely,
Arnold Schwarzenegger
wheasonjr
Hi Jerry
Good work to all.
Might I suggest a little follow up to let Wolk know we do not forget.

Just sent my regards to Wolk the sponsor of AB1032. see below.
Her contact email : Email to Wolk
note: If you wish to let her know your feelings you have to be from the city Davis and zip 95616 or other residence in her district (8th) to use this contact email or it will be refused.

This bill AB1032 which Our Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger VETOED was unconstitutional from the start. Which I know you were aware of from your team. If you do not think so check out the US supremesey clause . Next check The Mining Law of 1872 as Amended for starters but also check The National Outdoor Recreational Act of 1963. California's dredge regulations allow for recreational dredging as well as for profit. The National Outdoor Recreational Act of 1963 has been supported by every president in the matter of it being of strategic value to the health and vitality of the People of the United States of America. Congratulations you have truly shown your loyalty and what you are all about. Also the Governor was apprised of a recent case which was won that insured the supremesey clause would win in court along with takings issues.
Walter H. Eason, Jr.
Citizen of California
Born in California 1954
GPAA LDMA
AMPO EAJ
NORC
CP
Excellent work everyone!!

Glad to see a bit of sense prevail in this instance.
And we all sure hope that this un-supported by science type crap is stopped with the proper regulations about introducing BS as proposed bills!! dry.gif

Thank you to all who did their part! GOOD JOB!!

CP
russau
if you try to send wolk a note from her website it wont go unless your from her area! it wont allow out of state people to respond!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.