Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Con Cleaner
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
Denise
I thought I would put a pic in of the set up Dan has for cleaning out our cons.
huh.gif
Well it is a work in progress anyway. :D :P
He has taken a Henry Henry Mini con cleaner, and hooked it up to buckets and hoses that feed it the water. In the bucket at the bottom, he has a pump hooked up to a car battery. I will tell you this..........it works much better then me heaving the bucket to fill the top one. B) laugh.gif I use to get sidetracked looking at the gold in the mini, and the water would run out. blink.gif <_< :o OOOPS!! ;) :D

CP said NO laughing!! laugh.gif :D laugh.gif OOOPS! :D It does work well though.
LilTimmy
I want to thank you, Mrs CP!!!

I have been thinking of a good way to deal with tailings for a recirculating sluice setup I am taking on a beach mining trip this weekend, and that pic just gave me the answer!!

WooHoo! laugh.gif laugh.gif :D
Redpaw
great looking equipment, I made one of those once.
wyodust
denise, tell dan to add a folding chair to that comtraction......makes my back hurt watching all bent over like that ^_^
russau
dan you need to make yourself a auto feeder to feed those cons instead of manualy adding them into your sluice.
CP
ALL RIGHT! I can still hear yall laughin from here...... laugh.gif

It's a work in progress as they say....... rolleyes.gif wacko.gif
Glad LilTimmy got an idea offin it any how...... :P

Now it just needs to be a tad bit more compact..... :D and right wyodust, a chair added......back is still sore..... laugh.gif
Did put an auto feeder on it last year russ, was real nice set up with gat's feeder.
Could pour on 5 gallons of the drywash cons and head off for some more.... ^_^ ;)

CP
russau
dan how about posting a pic of gats feeder.mine holds only about 3 lbs of b.s. cons.... its got a tupperware container that is about a 6x6x4 deep. i dont need/want anything that is real big.
CP
Hey Russ,
Been looking but don't think that we have one of Gat's feeder...... :( We lost some of the pics when we were in Ca. <_<
We'll try to get another pic of it real soon.
It actually isn't all that big, it's triangular shape bout 2.5' long and bout 18" wide at the top end and bout 3" wide at the down hill end.
It has sides bout 2" high and is flat bottom with out any mat. The water is pumped through a 12v water pump to two spray bars that trickle the material out to the mini.
It's just big enough to hold five gals of cons while you head off to make more.... :)
It also has a stand much like a power sluice would have with adjustable/removable legs for adjustments to set levels.
It really did work well to feed the mini slowly....... ;)
Wasn't actually made for use with the mini, but it sure did work well. I'm just a redneck......I'll put a piece of this with a peice of that and see what happens..... laugh.gif :P ;)

CP
gold_tutor
I'm voting with russ, Dan...I'd like to see that Gat-trickle cons feeder also. Been scratching my brain and not come up with anything I like yet...tried a couple things...found them lacking.

So, hustle up them pictures, ya'hear? :D :D :D
russau
as soon as i figure out how to load pics from my digital camara into the putor(after i reload the program that it needs)ill try to post a pic of mine!
russau
but basically thats what i have also. i feel, the slower and steadyer you feed a wheel or in my case a bowl. the better results you have. i can pan real fine stuff pretty good. but its fun to have a new gadget to play with! i screen down to -50 and i probly should screen lower but...........
Denise
Gat brought up his feeder table, and set it up with Dan's Henry Henry mini set up blink.gif and here's what they got. :o huh.gif :)
Denise
Here is a close up of Gats feeder table. wub.gif It sure makes it easier to look for the gold stuff. It was starting to snow pretty good, so I hightailed it back into the house... ^_^ ...so you will have to ask Gat for the pic he took of the table full of dirt. laugh.gif

wyodust......you notice, they still didn't incorporate a chair into their operation. laugh.gif laugh.gif :D
russau
gat did a great job! simple design!easy to operate! i see a good spot for a chair to watch from!(im older and need a bit of comfort in my old age!)heck, gats feeder looks 10x better than mine!you can run more water throgh gats to run the sluice as he has it setup there. on mine, i need to really be able to slow the water up to feed my bowl. but it looks real good!
Denise
gld actually makes them :) and he sells them.
Gat-Wa.
Ok here is a pic of the feeder table full of con's.
Gat.
Gat-Wa.
Here it is not realy dun yet but as you can see most of us prospectors cant leave it alone to do its job.HAHAHA (this is called IMPATIENCE) Grin.
Gat.
Gat-Wa.
Grin
jmann
Hey Gat, What happen to that bear in the first pic.? :o jmann
Pick&Shovel
What make pump are you using?

Regards,
spud
well well-- good to see ppls usin the 'ol grey matter lol well done everyone --- now ya must get that chair in the pic grin--- Spud <> Australia
Gat-Wa.
Its pump is a 750 boat bildge pump dc powerd.
Made by Attwood
Gat.
spud
Is dan "work in progress" or the cons cleaner lol
Denise
Seems everyone is doing something different for this process.

What do you use to clean your concentrates out?
Lets see some pics.
Steppegold
Gat's Feeder table is very interesting.

It is very close to being - or is - a device called a Pinched Sluice.

If set up right a pinched sluice can stratify the slurry so that by the time the slurry gushes forth, the heavies are flowing along the bottom, the middlings and in the middle and the light particles are nearer the top.

The crucial thing is to encourage LAMINAR (ie smooth) flow and to ensure there is no drop at the end of the pinched sluice, just a smooth slope into your recovery sluice. You can even slice off the top layer of slurry and junk it as tailings.

If anyone wants more info on pinched sluices I have some bits more info.

cheers

Steppe
CP
Sounds very interesting Steppe, we would all love to see some more info on this. Thanks.

CP
Coalbunny
Looking at the photos I see some complications. Inconsistent feed, potential for feed surge, nothing to protect the system during inclimant weather.

Dealing with wet material in an automated system will invaribly have inconsistent feed issues.
Same for feed surge.
As for the inclimant weather, I would get a sheet of plexiglass and place over the feed stock.
smackz
so what is the gpm on that pump, curious as workin the fines is my propblem area right now, I have a desert fox but it is so darned finiky to use (at least to me) and I see quite a few folks using the lil gutter setup like that and its got me a bit torn between that and maybe a miller table using chalk board paint
Pick&Shovel
QUOTE (smackz @ Aug 30 2010, 06:13 PM) *
so what is the gpm on that pump, curious as workin the fines is my propblem area right now, I have a desert fox but it is so darned finiky to use (at least to me) and I see quite a few folks using the lil gutter setup like that and its got me a bit torn between that and maybe a miller table using chalk board paint

750 GPH. 12volt dc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.