Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats on the cam?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
Denise
Being the busy dig time of year, nothing has been "Offically" scheduled,
but you never know what may be on the CP Cam....or when!

Here are a few pics I saved from the cam.
Denise
wink.gif
Denise
ohmy.gif happy.gif
Denise
blink.gif
Denise
cool.gif
Denise
Lunar Eclipse...... wink.gif
But the other camera is taking better pics than the webcam...hehe
russau
i guess i missed it! it was there one time i woke up and it was gone the next time i went out to look!:(:(
Denise
Sorry you missed it Russ. sad.gif

It was amazing!!!
It just went behind the clouds here...but we got to see most of it.
Here is the last pic the cam took of it above the mountains, before the clouds gulped it up.
smile.gif
russau
i was just kidding! i was up about 5 times watching the progress.
Denise
You never know what you may see on the cam.... mellow.gif
Can anyone identify any of the specimens in the cam pic?
russau
well ican identify all of them quickly! 2 plastic containers and 2 dish towels and a bunch of rocks!
Denise
mellow.gif
Snow capped mountain tops in the early mornings now.
If you get a chance, see for yourself.

This pic was taken from the cam in the evening.
fourcornersrocks
nice...
Denise
Im ready to dig.....hehe biggrin.gif
Denise
Thanksgiving morning.
smile.gif
Denise
Havent had a chance to look yet, heres the link...
http://www.coloradoprospector.com/cp_webcam.html

The webcam page also has links to other Colorado webcams, and a link to check the weather. wink.gif

Colorado Barite
Denise
Colorado Amazonite.
Denise
Yesterdays sunrise!
Maybe todays will be just as nice.
happy.gif
Denise
You never know....you may even see me loose a finger when Im wood carving. biggrin.gif
Denise
What a beautiful state Colorado is! happy.gif
This pic was taken from the CP cam February 1st.
Denise
Thundereggs over easy on the flat lap anyone.... wink.gif smile.gif
Denise
The ThunderEggs turned out great, and now have an amazing shine thanks to CP. happy.gif

You can view more pics of them in the forums here in the thread titled ThunderEggs.
Denise
The weather has been fantastic! Have you been out enjoying it? smile.gif
Denise
After Dan cut this piece, we have been talking about working it, and it's looking like it will be a guitar.
OK.......Talk is over. hehe

This will be fun!

happy.gif
Denise
Sneak peak at some of the new items I have been working on that will be listed in the
Miners Market soon.

- The face and buttons on the snowman (was just penciled on).....I dont want to have anything glued on this project. Maybe the next snowman will have garnet eyes and buttons.
Denise
A pic of my workstation where I create these things. chores041.gif

Projects on hand...Sow Belly agate Butterfly, Rutilated quartz Snowman with a smokey quartz hat, Amazonite flower, and petrified wood guitar.

The kitty with its hard hat just watches over me.
Dirty job, but someone has to....hehe
CP
Neat projects Denise!
The guitar is gonna be killer!! cool.gif
mystic mining
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Sep 11 2008, 10:30 AM) *
Neat projects Denise!
The guitar is gonna be killer!! cool.gif

Hi Denise would like to see a pic of that mushroom. PLEASE!
Denise
Thanks for showing interest in the rock sculpting projects guys.
Pictures coming at you via e-mail Sean.
CP
That snowman is now in the CP treasure chest and wow did he turn out nice!

Here is another webcam pic from last week that might be useful to folks here in this thread for references.
Mohs hardness scale. happy088.gif

Click to view attachment
CP
Todays webcam pic has some thunderegg slices. A beautiful Oregon double egg we got for polishing Jim's geodes and eggs.
Busted on one side hence the slices, but still have an awesome half for flat lapping along with the spectacular slabs you see. Bi colored with a white/orange side and the dark blue with black side has druzy pockets.......WOWSER!! Probably from the Priday ranch.
Should be some neat stuff produced from these thin slabs down to about 1mm thick.
Click to view attachment
Denise
Love those Thundereggs!

We have shown (and discussed in chat) many things being worked on the webcam in the past, hopefully you find some of these techniques helpful.
Here is a picture from the webcam of the pressure gun being used to clean grit off thundereggs between polishing stages. It really helps to get those hard to reach places. happy088.gif Its good to make sure all the previous grit is removed before moving on to the next step.

Click to view attachment
Denise
Lately on the CP webcam, we have been showing the cabachon machine processes and work with the dremel and flex shaft for sculpting and drilling holes for settings.

I will add better close up pictures of the finished stones in the forums later, so keep your eyes open. groucho.gif
Denise
Here is a picture pulled from the webcam of me working a Botswana Agate half. Im doing a relief carving of a snowman with the dremel and flex shaft. The drip system sure helps for keeping the stone wet while working it. I'm going to use Colorado Garnets for the eyes and buttons Woody found. smiley-cool14.gif

Click to view attachment
Denise
CP is trimming up some Lapis Lazuli on the webcam! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif

Check it out if you have a chance.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Denise
Dan is working some really sweet pieces of Amazonite on the Diamond carbide cabachon machine this evening. If your interested, I can add pictures of the finished pieces later. Some pics can even show before and after the process. All the stones have a great sheen!! Nice cuts Dan! happy112.gif Those will turn out really nice!
Crusty
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Feb 13 2014, 04:39 PM) *
Dan is working some really sweet pieces of Amazonite on the Diamond carbide cabachon machine this evening. If your interested, I can add pictures of the finished pieces later. Some pics can even show before and after the process. All the stones have a great sheen!! Nice cuts Dan! happy112.gif Those will turn out really nice!

"If we're interested"... thant's funny! smiley-laughing021.gif
Denise
So that means you would like to see pictures of some really sweet Colorado Amazonite? tongue.gif
I'm working on taking finished pictures today so I will post them up soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.