Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't see any vendors signed up???
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Phil(NM)
Does that mean no vendors are willing to do the paperwork? Or is the list of vendors somewhere else?

Also, what about individuals who are not business's who want to sell their stuff?

Do you think gold nuggets would sell?

Thanks!
Phil
CP
Hi Phil,
Yep, your nugs should sell real good I would think. :) There is a thread that I will try to update today with the vendor list as it stands so far. It's pinned as "vendor information" in the rallies/seminars forum.
Has the links (if the city fixed theirs) to get your permits.
Don't know if they all have their paperwork yet, but several have told me they are in the process...... ;)
There are several who are personally going to be vending or are starting out a new business. :)
Now if I can just remember where I put the list....... :o Just kiddin... :P laugh.gif ;)

K, back to work...... ^_^
CP
Phil(NM)
Thanks....

So even individuals who are not business's need to do all that paperwork stuf and pay what ..... about $75 in fees just to sell stuff? Well, that sucks.... blink.gif
russau
phil, look on the rally poster. it has the initial main sponsors of the rally. they will be there!
Phil(NM)
didn't see it on the dredge-earth-first page. Where is it?
Thanks!
Denise
Hmmmmmm........ huh.gif
I just looked, and I found it....Check here. :D ;)
http://www.dredge-earth-first.org/
Tom-ia
Thanks....

So even individuals who are not business's need to do all that paperwork stuf and pay what ..... about $75 in fees just to sell stuff? Well, that sucks....

Phil, in response to this, I am curious as to why you think this sucks. Can you please explain.
russau
maybe im missing something, but when i add up the venders cost for a lic. to sell their wares it didnt comeup to $80. the single event was$8. the retail lic. for two years was $16. and the sales tax form dr589 was als $16.and this sales tax form was divided into 4 parts. if you dont sell the other 3 quarters you dont pay. and there was a $50. refundable deposit. is there something else im missing??did i miss read this??
Tom-ia
Not sure where everyone is coming up with all these fees at,, I am planning on being a vendor there and my total fees are only going to be $33. $25 of that is for the Idaho Springs business license. $8 for the Colorado one time vendors license. People dont appear to be doing all the research they need to do here.
Maybe if they did, more vendors would be signing up. In one of the other posts someone said it really sucks if you have to pay all the fees, well I disagree because first of all, if you are going to be a legitimate vendor, you should be more than willing to pay the fees. And if you are not, but sell stuff there anyways, you are definately hurting the vendors that do it the right way. If they get hurt from that you can bet the vendors wont be back again and then that damages any future rallys. So come one, come all, and have a good time, and support the legitimate vendors who are there.
russau
thankyou tom! i thought i couldnt add anymore!haha
Phil(NM)
I got the $75 figure from the other thread, and $75 in fees for a non-business individual who just wants to sell his gold is a rip. I'm not a business and not gonna become one just for a weekend rally. Yeah, I agree business's should pay a fee of sorts, but an individual? No way. That's simply unreasonable. I'll bet they don't go bother individuals at all the fleas markets for those fees.
Denise
Im sorry you feel that way Phil. Were just trying to follow the law, and keep it legal.
Tom-ia
I am kind of the same way Phil. I make jewelry as a hobby, and havent gotten my "business" going yet. This will be a debut for me. I only hope to break even. If it is that difficult for you, give me your address, I will send you a check for the $33 it is costing me for my licenses. Then you will be free to sell your nuggets. I am looking forward to meeting everyone there, and would love to see if you have some small nuggets I could buy to make a pair of ear rings for my 13 year old daughter who will be coming with me. I live on disability from a broken neck I got when i was in a fight on duty as a policeman, and this 5 day trip we are taking for the rally is my only summer visitation I get with my daughter, and I want to make it special for her. But if I explain to my ex-wife about this, I know she will give me at least that much of a break on my child support for June. If you could "give" my daughter the little nuggets after I buy them from you, she wouldnt even have to know I paid for them, she would think they were a gift and that would really give her something to talk about when she got back home. If you could help me out like this, it would be worth every bit of $33 to make my daughter happy. And another benefit is that you wouldnt have to worry about not having your business/tax permits.
Phil(NM)
Mrs. CP...
Not your fault, no worries.. I just think that's a stupid law, and bet they don't treat weekend flea markets and etc that way... it's the principle, and it's keeping yet another "tourist" and his $$$ away from Colorado.

Tom, Let me know what size you're after and I'll be happy to make you a special cost deal for your kid. Thanks for being a cop and doing your job! $1 per grain too much?

I won't be at the outing to give to your kid, but I can send them to you and you can work some magic with Mrs CP or someone...

Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.