Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Club Members
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > ColoradoProspector.com
CP
Hello Club members,

For the benefit of the newest members coming on board we put these instructions together to help navigate the club members area information.
As always feel free to contact us at anytime if you have difficulties or questions.

To sign in for your members area info you will need to bring up the ColoradoProspector.com
home page. If you have not yet set your home page for the CP site, this will be a great time! biggrin.gif
From the CP home page you can find any of the website pages in the green area to the left, including the log in link for the members areas, News and Events link, the chat room and forum links etc, and then down a bit further is where the Miners Market banner will be found.

Now.....to log into the members area you will click on the very top link "Log In"
Next you will get a prompt box that will ask for your "Login" and "password"........Your "Login" will be your email address and password will be what you chose during membership sign up in the membership using the secured system.
Once you have entered your login and password you will then be brought to the main members area page where you will be able to see each of your members areas researched information.
Lifetime members will of course have links on all areas listed and yearly members will have links appear on only the yearly members areas.....those that are not links on your page will be the lifetime areas.

These directions should give you a good start and we hope you enjoy the website.

As with any secured sign in pages online......be sure to sign off from your session before leaving too.

See you out on the digs! cool.gif
CP
Howard
unsure.gif Hello all, Thank you all for the great help and understanding! It doesn't help that I do not fully read everything either. This is one great site and the information is wonderful. We may be new members, but we will see you all soon and we are looking forward to getting to know and working with everyone!
Howard and Robin
wyodust
welcome aboard, this is a great site with some very helpful people in it, enjoy the site as much as i do..wyo
raptor
Thanks for all the great information I have recieved already. I am planning a trip out to Colorado next year and would appreciate any information on the best time to come out and do some panning. Regards to All. biggrin.gif
CP
Hi Raptor and you are very welcome.
We are glad you have found the CP club members and website information helpful.

Time of year is really a personal choice......I favor fall but many would rather avoid the chill effects. biggrin.gif
Mid summer can be darn nice, but always be prepared for any weather anytime when at high altitudes here in Colorado.
We have also started a thread in the "Prospectors Outings and Adventures" section about a possible group gathering if interested.

Make yourself at home around the CP site. We are all glad to have your participation now and in the future. smile.gif

CP
ironheadpeggy
happy070.gif

New member and what a site you have here
Lots of good info
Have purchased almost 7 acres south of Harstel @ 9600'
and would like to meet up with members when
I make it out in April
Camping out is fine with me. Especially when cheapest
room around area found was 93.00/night
CP
Welcome ironheadpeggy,

Thank you kindly for the compliments. biggrin.gif
Make yourself right at home browsing the entire site, we look forward to your future participation.
Hartsel is a beautiful place, awesome on the buy and congrats. Can get a tad windy but some really great scenery out there.
Great fishing around there too if ya' like to do that.

Sure there would be a couple willing to meet up with you while you visit too. Have a great time and hope all the pans are yella'! happy088.gif
Denise
I wanted to welcome all the new club members to the forums. sign0016.gif

If you have any questions about the club membership, please feel free to contact us anytime.
We are always here to help.

Denise

CP_Member.gif
RVer Dave
I have just joined the CP Forum and also the CP club as a yearly member. Sheila and I are full-time RVers, currently we are workamping at an RV Campground in Rawlins, Wyoming and will be traveling to our winter jobs at a resort near Key West, FL in November. We currently have not decided if we will be working in WY again next summer or try to get accepted at a campground/resort in Colorado as we did in 2010. We are lifetime GPAA/LDMA members and enjoy prospecting although our seasonal work schedules usually mean that our days off end up being in the middle of the week (rules out many club outings). We are going to be in Denver Sep 7th, then the 8th going to a Rascal Flatts concert, & Sep 9th going to visit a property of ours south of Salida. We hope to visit a couple GPAA/LDMA claims on the 10th as we head back to WY. We hope to meet a few CP folks in the coming year.

David & Sheila Knapp
Full-time RVers
swizz
Hi David and Sheila and big welcome to CP forums and Club! sign0016.gif
Man-o-man, as a 50yr old bachelor I have to say that I really envy your lifestyle. signs021.gif
I'm situated in Middle Park (Grand County) and prospect here as well as North Park. Iffn ya wind up in either of those locales while workamping (or just road-trippin) let me know and I might be able to point you toward Gold & Garnets or fossils to cure that itch.
Glad to have you guys aboard. This site is an excellent resource for those seeking information/education on how to research land status for prospecting on our public lands... and there is a LOT of unclaimed open ground to cover in our state. happy088.gif Lots of good folk here to help you out.
Post up some pics of your adventures as you guys are livin' the good life. char098.gif
Happy Trails!
Denise
smileywaving.gif Hi David and Sheila, welcome to the CP club and forums! We have a friendly helpful bunch here so make yourself right at home browsing the website. I activated your membership and sent your welcome letter with the monthly password and direct links, so your good to go. happy088.gif

Sweet, have fun at the Rascal Flats concert. I bet it will be a good one, they have great music!! Stay safe on your travels and we all look forward to hearing about more of your adventures.
RVer Dave
Thanks Mrs. CP and Sheila is to Rascal Flatts like I am to Gold Fever! This time I got her tickets in the standing pit area in front of Row 1 and she was successful in drawing a fan club meet & greet there too, must be her 6th meet & greet & something like 25th concert with RF since 2002.

Switz: I enjoy reading your posts & seeing your photos. We lived an hour south of Salida in an off-grid straw bale passive solar house near Crestone for 3.5 years when I quit aerospace in 2005. I then worked contract from home/traveling to IL & Paris for them part time until 2008 when they outsourced our job functions to India, where I gave up competing in the open job market with kids half my age and 3x my education. We sold our house and began workamping in our RV. In 2010 we workamped at the Ouray KOA for the summer upon where we got hooked on jeeping and gold panning. Now we are going to go back to our empty building lot @ 8,300' next to a trout stream for a PERC test to make sure there isn't any yela color in it to slow down the drainage, LOL.

You'd like our setup. Last year we dumped our 35' 5th-wheel after we spent four months parked at the factory waiting for warranty work. We then bought a 19 year old park model in SW FL & also a Lance 1181 truck camper which we tow a stock 4-dr jeep Rubicon for our days off adventures.

At 51, we'd love to spend all summer prospecting and dispersed camping, still working on how to earn enough grubsteak in the winter to make that happen in the summer, LOL. Workamping at RV camground/resorts for minimum wages is sort of like extreme poverty until something better comes along. We travel with 4 gold pans, a 30" sluice, a Tom & Perry cleanup sluice, a Desert Fox, a Blue Wheel, a nugget sucker, and misc hand tools. Oh, I forgot to mention my Garrett AT Gold MD which found me a 10K gold plated diamond ring with small real diamond intact on the second dig right at our RV site driveway in Rawlins, WY.

To date we haven't participated in any club activities of any kind, our days off have varied Tuesday-Wednesday and Sunday-Monday this summer as workamping couples were hired and fired (getting retired folks to work like dogs for minimum wages isn't practical or typical). At age 51, I am the young work mule that weedwhacks in the hot sun all day while Sheila is inside doing reservations & checkins. The reason I do it (beyond keeping fit!!!) is every weekend we go prospecting in the Medicine Bows, Sierra Madre, Douglas Creek, Atlantic City, Carol Creek, MUPU, or even the tiny 20 acre segment of the Sweetwater River that is a CD trailhead. We know there are huge nuggets at Carol Placer & MUPU on Rock Creek, but it has a dredging ban since commercial dredging was stopped in 1941 just upstream during WWII. It is typically 10' down to bedrock on Rock Creek and without dreding it is tough to dig deeper than what will just get you a little flour gold for 5 buckets of material at several feet down. We seen several huge nuggets come out of the dredge tailing up stream (private property). It is tough reclaiming on Carol Placer since I often have to reclaim 2-3 other holes left by others. I have tried metal detecting there as well, so far I have collected over 300 .22 casings, hundreds more pop-tops, & many, many partially burned aluminum cans from very old buried campfire sites. Numerous white Marmount-like critters live on the greenstone cliffs there, so I imagine that every teenager used to camp there with their plinking rifles.

We don't yet have any solid leads on summer of 2013 workamping, but unlike WY, most resorts and campgrounds have an abundance of workampers that will sell their souls to work almost for free. The best we did in 2010 was work 20 hours per week as a couple for our RV site and then got paid minumum wage for 15-25 hours each every week. Since we have 14 years yet before we can receive a retirement pension, do the math and you will see the cell phone, food, and insurance payments get a little strained on those funds, LOL.

Most campgrounds just want you to work 24 hours a week as a couple just for your RV site (>$700/mo!). That would be cool for anyone having a good pension which would give lots of time off for prospecting, but us in the age 50 category are in a special category that doesn't fit the intended workamping lifestyle. When they see I can work like a mule they jump for joy, but act live minimum wages is going to make the owners broke, LOL!

Our Lance truck camper is set up for 150 watts of solar so we disperse camp with very, very little generator run time & bring 45 gallons of fresh water so we can last 1-2 weeks.

If I can talk about safety for a moment, we both have had brushes with disaster. Last year I had a log fall on me while woodcutting for our old farm and this summer Sheila fell in a trout stream on mossy rocks. We both are okay now, but in both cases with unable to walk for a couple weeks as we elevated our legs with broken arteries. Since we have no health insurance it can also be a big disaster financially, but in both cases a nurse monitored our situation to ensure we weren't much worse off. We finally bought Delorme satellite text messaging systems and are very glad we did. If one or both of us gets hurts we can summon help and also we use it to text our family to let them know we are safe and sound while dispersed camping out in the boonies.

I conclusion, I'd rather move a couple yards of dirt by hand for myself or a group daily on a gold claim than do workamping, but workamping has provided a stop-gap for us while we investigate many of the great prospecting areas out west. We will probably convert our L2 yearly membership to a LT membership in the next few months, just wanted to get signed up now while we plan for next year. We tried to join the Wyoming Prospectors Association, but they haven't got back to me after a few months time & several inquiries. Also, most of the NFS areas in WY want a detailed plan of intent filed (before the plan of operations) so they can come to check up on your panning, Sluicing, & dredging operations (not to mention the normal dredge permit). I find it highly irritating that I need to file a plan of intent just for gold panning in the Medicine Bow Mountains, including wanting to know the exact spot I am camped at so that can come to make sure you are all legal. You can travel there for a week to never see a Forest Ranger, but file a plan of intensions and you will have 2-3 trucks swarming you and your campsite daily to make you feel not at ease. They send a biologist that preaches about how the trout are being threatened and when I pointed out that I wasnt hardly getting the water dirty compared to the free range cows that were pooping and trampling just up stream ... the guy got a pissed look on his face and doubled the amount of visits we had for the week. On our next camping trip we just camped, never saw a NFS or BLM truck at all during our stay ... Mmmm, can I say hardly anyone will fill out there Plan of Intent for fear of harrassment. When the Biologist was walking away, he reminded me that the old timers already got 99.999% of the gold so it wasn't worth my time to keep doing it. I like trout fishing and it was funny how the trout where coming up to my sluce pile to pick food out of it, LOL.

May we see ya'll in Colorado next summer!!!

David & Sheila Knapp

Scratch60
Hello from Shawnee, CO!
I recently joined Colorado Prospectors after grazing through the web site. I've learned just enough to know I need to learn a LOT more. Don't mind my dumb questions. All the gold I've panned so far could be hidden under my eyelids and it wouldn't hurt me, but that only makes the fever spike.
Dan and Denise have been very helpful. Their resources posted here will keep me busy researching all winter. Hopefully soon I'll be ready with my recently acquired dredge/highbanker combo and a hydro-force suction nozzle. I'm rebuilding/refurbishing some equipment and can't wait to move some dirt.
If anyone is interested in a common dig, I'll bring the machine in exchange for some expert advice and a little training.
A little about me: I lived in Colorado back in the sixties and seventies. My father worked construction so we had to follow the work. That took me to the Midwest. Eventually I left for a tour in Viet Nam as a Marine grunt. After a few years of knocking around,
I settled in Florida and stayed for 25 years. On a vacation here in 2007, I realized how much I missed these hills. I spent a year in Parker looking for the house I'm living in now.
I'm a licensed pilot, master scuba diver and an NRA pistol instructor. I have a background in engineering and photography.
Hope to see you at a dig soon,
Mike "Scratch" Florey
swizz
Dave,
Now that you injected 'reality' into the world of workamping it sound a little less appealing. unsure.gif
I had no idea that it was so competitive and not so financially rewading... it still has some good appeal though. The nomadic lifestyle has an uncanny charm to me. Thank you for that behind-the-scenes perspective! I'll never view camp hosts the same again and they've always had my respect. Very intriguing career you have had too!

Scratch,
Welcome back to Colorado and welcome to CP! Thank you VERY much for serving our country, it's an honor to have you aboard. I'd love to do some diggin with you but the season is waning fast up here and it will be tough for me to coordinate now. My small biz is bizzy from now until Nov.. between that, my claim, and ranch-hand work my plate is all of a sudden full (which is a good thing). Andrew (amorton) and I will hopefully be heading to my claim before the season ends for a couple of days (not sure if weekdays or weekend) but you might want to join us for that if possible. I can PM you if you're interested once we square that away. I'd like to see the Hydo Force in action and have some spots where it could be very beneficial. I carry a Glock Model 23 and could definitely use some of your instructional wisdom with my shooting too! char092.gif
Scratch60
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 2 2012, 11:27 AM) *
Dave,
Now that you injected 'reality' into the world of workamping it sound a little less appealing. unsure.gif
I had no idea that it was so competitive and not so financially rewading... it still has some good appeal though. The nomadic lifestyle has an uncanny charm to me. Thank you for that behind-the-scenes perspective! I'll never view camp hosts the same again and they've always had my respect. Very intriguing career you have had too!

Scratch,
Welcome back to Colorado and welcome to CP! Thank you VERY much for serving our country, it's an honor to have you aboard. I'd love to do some diggin with you but the season is waning fast up here and it will be tough for me to coordinate now. My small biz is bizzy from now until Nov.. between that, my claim, and ranch-hand work my plate is all of a sudden full (which is a good thing). Andrew (amorton) and I will hopefully be heading to my claim before the season ends for a couple of days (not sure if weekdays or weekend) but you might want to join us for that if possible. I can PM you if you're interested once we square that away. I'd like to see the Hydo Force in action and have some spots where it could be very beneficial. I carry a Glock Model 23 and could definitely use some of your instructional wisdom with my shooting too! char092.gif

Thanks Swizz,
Odd you should mention the model 23. I have one on my right hip as I type this.
I'm not sure when the hydro force nozzle will come in. I ordered new hoses that (I think) will be in by the end of the week. I'm de-greasing the pump engine and just finished changing the oil a few minutes ago. De-rusted and painted the engine base plate. De-rusted the riffle assembly and coated it with rust fix. Got filter elements on order. Taking a break for lunch and a barley pop.
Please send a PM if you can sort out a time to go diggin'. I'll match schedules, no problem.
Happy to be here!
CP
Welcome aboard Dave, Sheila and Mike sign0016.gif and thank you very much for the kind compliments!
We'll all be looking forward to your future participation.

This is a great time to upgrade too Dave with the discounts currently in the membership drive. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Let us know if you have any questions anytime. Hope you are both fully recovered from the unfortunate mishaps too, think safety in the field! happy088.gif
Sounds like the FS officials in Wyoming are way outside their delegated authority for sure and yes very irritating! Maybe the Wyoming FS should browse this site sometime to learn about that. info_grin.gif biggrin.gif

Mike, thank you for your service to our country! smileyflag.gif Hope you all get to make it up north and good luck in your prospects when you guys do go.
Should be some good winter reading in the forum for your research and let us know if you have questions as well.

Thanks for the introductions too, it's very nice to hear a little about ya'lls history/life. Make yourselves all right at home around the site.

Hope to see ya'll out on the digs sometime!

CP
RVer Dave
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 2 2012, 11:27 AM) *
Dave,

Swizz,

Camp Hosting and Workamping are typically totally different reality checks. Camp Hosting generally is laid back & you are typically only working for your site. Workamping is typically faster-paced and can range from just working for your site to also getting paid wages. Where we are workamping now, few people crave to work in this part of the country so we get paid for every hour & our site is included without deducting pay. Camp hosting can run the gammit between just campground security to doing more work like collecting camping fees, selling firewood, sprucing up and/or cleaning the bathrooms - depends on the place. The campground we workamp at if I come in to get a drink of water (I have to pay for my own water here unlike our winter employer) I am reminded that he has to shell out $2 for every 15 minutes I am on the clock & I best be running a weedwhacker or lawn mower or be cleaning the bathrooms every minute I am clocked in. I also have to break free from slave labor every few minutes to escort people to their sites, but not too soon so as to not stand there for more than a few seconds while the guests are being checked in. My home is on wheels and we have left plenty of workamping jobs early because of seemingly rediculus situations, be we stuck this one out due to the managers (puppet rulers who are very nice), we having already bought Denver concert tickets, and because there was plenty of prospecting opportunities in WY this summer. We have been extended the offer to come back her next summer, but am holding back until we exhaust all potential offers in the Colorado area, etc.

Yesterday we ran 5 buckets of 1/2" classified through our 30" sluice ... was a bit afraid I was sending to much cloudy water down stream (was a bit of clay in our classifieds) until we walked down to see 3 large high bankers running at the same time within 75 feet of each other. This morning I classified our heavies into 20, 30, & 40+ mesh in order to run in my Blue Wheel tomorrow, there was so much mica in the clay that we could have made a sequin dress! Tomorrow I will see if we have any color in our fines, it would be a great end to the weekend if we did.

This coming weekend we hope to collect a few samples Sunday & Monday in Colorado after the concert Saturday, been a couple years since we prospected there.

Dave
RVer Dave
QUOTE (Scratch60 @ Sep 2 2012, 01:20 PM) *
Thanks Swizz,
Odd you should mention the model 23. I have one on my right hip as I type this.

Gen 3 or Gen 4 guys? I am doing some research & think either would be great to have in the field as a big & small critter persuader.

Dave
RVer Dave
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Sep 3 2012, 09:29 AM) *
This is a great time to upgrade too Dave with the discounts currently in the membership drive. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Let us know if you have any questions anytime. Hope you are both fully recovered from the unfortunate mishaps too, think safety in the field! happy088.gif
Sounds like the FS officials in Wyoming are way outside their delegated authority for sure and yes very irritating! Maybe the Wyoming FS should browse this site sometime to learn about that. info_grin.gif biggrin.gif

This is the form that started it all:
http://www.cheyennegpaa.com/PDF/LetterOfIntent.pdf

There "could" be clay in the soil and they need to determine if ordinary gold panning would cloud the stream & cause harm to the creatures living there (not to mention the open range cattle already trampling everything in sight there).

We will consider the lifetime membership in the next few weeks before we leave Wyoming this November, still working on a plan that will fund us with fuel money to be able to return next summer since we are making below poverty wages and don't have a personal gold mine to "Tap into", LOL!

Thanks for the welcome!

Dave
swizz
QUOTE (RVer Dave @ Sep 3 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Gen 3 or Gen 4 guys? I am doing some research & think either would be great to have in the field as a big & small critter persuader.

Not sure which generation mine is, I bought it about two years ago. I ordered it with the green grip option.
My reasoning was that it is lightweight, packs a good punch, holds 11 rounds, and is extremely durable and dependable. I can do a field breakdown in less than 30 seconds.... this is a well engineered weapon in my opinion. I also like that it doesn't have a "safety" per se. For Colorado I think that .40 is a good caliber. If I was in AK or somewhere that might have Grizz... I'd kick it up a notch. I wear it all day when mining (leg holster, open carry) and often forget that it's there. It gets wet, muddy, and bashed into rocks & trees... no problems whatsoever, tuffer and more reliable than me. It's a fine lil pea shooter.
RVer Dave
QUOTE (swizz @ Sep 3 2012, 07:54 PM) *
Not sure which generation mine is, I bought it about two years ago. I ordered it with the green grip option.
My reasoning was that it is lightweight, packs a good punch, holds 11 rounds, and is extremely durable and dependable. I can do a field breakdown in less than 30 seconds.... this is a well engineered weapon in my opinion. I also like that it doesn't have a "safety" per se. For Colorado I think that .40 is a good caliber. If I was in AK or somewhere that might have Grizz... I'd kick it up a notch. I wear it all day when mining (leg holster, open carry) and often forget that it's there. It gets wet, muddy, and bashed into rocks & trees... no problems whatsoever, tuffer and more reliable than me. It's a fine lil pea shooter.

Swizz,
That would be a Gen 3. They are nearly identical except for the spring assembly which makes them not interchangable. Glock claims to continue building both, some of the Gen 4's have trouble with weaker loads pushing the doube spring back far enough to eject the cartridge. In CA only peace officiers can buy a Gen 4. They are both great tools and I'd be proud to own either one. I like the fact I can trade barrels & calibers around so I could have a bear swatter load and a lighter target load for Sheila to practice with.

I found out I can only buy one in WY if they ship it to my domicile state of South Dakota, but that would use up my budget on the round trip for fuel to go pick it up. Funny thing I can buy one in CA if I travel there ... that is a bit further too, LOL.

I found several Glock 33's (357 SIG) that I might want to consider as they were on the way south to FL, but again some state laws really frown upon the private sale to out of state folks.

Dave
RVer Dave
QUOTE (RVer Dave @ Sep 5 2012, 10:13 AM) *
... some state laws really frown upon the private sale to out of state folks.

Found a guy from our domicile of SD wanting to sell his Gen2 Glock G23 .40 S&W & all his accessories & spare ammo, so we are heading to meet him half-way next weekend to take delivery. The biggest differences in the Gen2 to the 3&4 series is no rail for a laser and no embedded hand grips. It will come in handy on the gold claims more for a peace of mind than anything. We have encountered bears and mountain lions before, most just go on their way with a little noise making. A couple weekends ago I was metal detecting down a dead end spur NFS road when I encountered bear tracks on the way back that were fresh. Sheila had my pick tool for protection when she heard deep rumbling in a bush that turned out to be a squirrel. We use 4-watt ham radio VHF/UHF HT's for communication while we are apart. I found three mushroomed copper jacket bullets on that road & a bunch of .223 cartridges unfired that looked to be 25 years or more old. No nuggets though. Once I saw the bear tracks I hurried my sweeps a bit. You can't be too careful out in the beautiful wild.

Dave
leonard
I have a duffle bag that has 2 sets of bear claw marks on it where a bear wanted to taste-test my wetsuit. That was in Alaska though.

This was taken my first night in alaska.
http://golddredgervideo.com/prospecting/alaska/bearhi.wmv The video was shot at about 3:00am. The barrel is a 55 gallon one. He left when I went outside in my jockey shorts with camera in hand. Must havce been a scarey sight.

We always carried guns as ther were a lot of bears in the area. For the most part they were more afraid of us then we were of them.
Leonard
Denise
If you are a club club member and have any questions reguarding the logins or areas, please feel free to e-mail us anytime with any questions you may have at webmaster@ColoradoProspector.com.

happy088.gif
RVer Dave
Got my laptop working again, now maybe can try the chatroom on chat night perhaps.

We just put in a bid as paid campground hosts for a USFS campground @ 9,200' near Poncha Springs, CO next summer ... so maybe we will be in CO next summer after all! We just turned down a well paying managers couple offer for a campground in central FL, too far from our favorite claims indeed!

Picked up my "bear swatter" yesterday so now will have a peace of mind with us I hope to never use ...

Looking forward to returning to CO next summer, still have 6 weeks left in S. WY this fall yet.

Dave
Wolfgang Stiller
It may be irregular to post such a request here but I have been trying for a week and can't get any response.

I am a CP member (joined in September) and got the Sept password but got no newsletter or email with the pwd for October. I have sent emails and PMs over the last week with no response so I guess the forum admin / CP is out. Can someone please PM or email (wstiller@comcast.net) me the password?

Thanks!

-Wolfgang
Denise
Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry for the difficulties you are having.

We sent you your October newsletter and have resent the newsletter and replied to all but CP's forum message, but you don't seem to be getting any of them. I'm thinking it must be some kind of setting on your end. E-mails and send outs are working good on this end. You might want to check your spam box in case it is something your mail server is doing.

Hopefully we can resolve this problem soon for you.

Sincerely,
Denise

Wolfgang Stiller
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Oct 10 2012, 04:26 PM) *
Hi Wolfgang,

Sorry for the difficulties you are having.

We sent you your October newsletter and have resent the newsletter and replied to all but CP's forum message, but you don't seem to be getting any of them. I'm thinking it must be some kind of setting on your end. E-mails and send outs are working good on this end. You might want to check your spam box in case it is something your mail server is doing.

Hopefully we can resolve this problem soon for you.

Sincerely,
Denise

You got me the newsletter to my wstiller email address. Thanks!
placer
i have not been here in awhile. i am coming to co at the end of sept 2013, to look at some property in lake county. i will be in co. sept 26-29. i will have my panning equip to do some prospecting. any ideas of where i could hit. i am thinking on hanging out at vics in black hawk unless someone has a better idea. see yall in a month
placer
my boss is skeptical, laughs at me every time i mention panning for gold. i will show the skeptical ass some color when i get back. hopefully i will be moving to co next year,2014. i am so ready for this trip to co.
CP
Hi Placer, good to see you around again and we all hope you have a great time visiting and prospecting around Colorado. Good luck on the possible move to Colorado next year also, it's a great state to live in!

Vic's is a good place to plan for as always, one can usually find some color there.
For additional areas if you are a CP club member, you'll want to check the club members researched areas for a sweet secluded spot to get away in. There are some really nice ones!

For anyone thinking of becoming a new Colorado Prospector club member you're in luck! happy088.gif The annual club membership drive kicks off today.
placer
I just paid my FY membership through paypal. I am really looking forward to my trip this sept 26-29, 2013. I am anxious to see the property I am interested in, and more anxious to do some prospecting, wooooohoooooo ! anybody wanna join me
CP
Hi Placer,

Welcome to the club! sign0016.gif You'll be off on running in no time when you get to Colorado too. Got your club membership all activated and your official welcome email should be in your email.
Hopefully you get to meet up with some other club members during your trip. You might want to also post up a thread in the protected section about meeting up with some of them for your time frame here. I'm sure there will be quite a few out in the field getting some early fall season diggin' in, might even be some nice color changes in the trees by then.

Good luck on the property you're interested in too.
theminer
Hello everybody, although I do not live in Colorado I will eventually. I live in Louisiana and as you may know there are not many digging spots here. I am a very very beginner when it comes to prospecting. I am attending college to be a geologist with hopes that I will learn plenty enough to mine for myself. It is hard to find but I am looking for an answer to a question. Can I actually (mine) or (dig) for my own gems somewhere, perhaps in Colorado?
swizz
Welcome! sign0016.gif
Yes, you absolutely CAN mine and dig for your own gems in Colorado and you've come to the right place to learn.
Colorado is also one of the states where you can still stake and own a mining claim.
Bob4st
Hello All... I've been enjoying this site as a result of my renewed interest in panning and sluicing for gold... Although I'm a retired geologist & hydrogeologist, I have little experience mining for metals as the majority of my work was in hazardous wastes... Now that I have a little more time to travel west I look forward to learning and enjoying this renewed hobby with the assistance of this site and it's members... Many thanks to the folks at CP!.. smileyflag.gif
Caveman
Welcome to the forums! sign0016.gif

Caveman
400ltz
I am new here and found this site quite interesting so I decided to join. I live in Canon City and basically like to pick up rocks when I go out on my four wheeler. I guess you cannot say I am much of a prospector but more of a rock hound. Over the summer I have picked up around 50 pounds of petrified wood fragments and some leaf fossils just five minutes from my parents house off a four wheeler trail. There use to be a lot of mining for coal in the area, with a few ghost towns around. It is the best of both worlds, I get to go exploring and four wheeling and when I get sore and need to get off the four wheeler, I walk around and pick up rocks.
CP
Hi 400ltz and welcome to the website/forums. Thank you for the kind compliments as well, make yourself right at home browsing the site.
Actually as a "rockhound" you are still "prospecting" or sampling minerals so rockhounding is prospecting if you are sampling anything.
Sounds like you've had some nice finds of fossils and you are in a great area for them as well as some other neat stuff.
Good luck on your adventures and remember to make sure the land is open where you'll be prospecting/rockhounding ie sampling minerals.

If you also decide to join up with the club in the future, we'd all be honored to have your future participation in the club too.
Pastor Mike
Greetings and salutations !

We are up here outside of Salida, just about 300 yards from the Ark., I've panned off and on over the years and we are now really getting back into it. I've recently traded for a JOBE 2"dredge without the pontoons ( I needed to go lightweight due to health reasons), I will be fabbing up a bolt-on rail system for the pump, dredge and a future 6' sluice extention onto a 9'10" beat up john boat that I salvaged from a local scrap hauler and use it as a "barge". I'm also working on several other DIY projects related to prospecting, along with all of the other never ending projects, HAHAHAHHAAA.
We are self-reliant type people and enjoy being around others that like the simpler things in life.

If I can be of service just please let me know, and thank you for having such a great site !
Crusty
Welcome Pastor Mike!
CP
Hi Pastor Mike, welcome to the forums sign0016.gif and thank you for the kind compliment on the website.
There are many "self reliant" types around here so you'll fit right in, make yourself right at home, glad to have you aboard.

Nice spot you have sounds like along the Arkansas river, that's close. Hopefully you have mineral rights with the lot to test a bit on your place too, might find something sweet!
Post up some pics of the DIY projects, those are always fun to make and test out and everyone loves to see those projects as they progress around here.

For those in this thread interested in the Colorado Prospector club memberships, I noticed there wasn't a direct link to the club memberships on this page yet.
You can find those details on the club membership page.
We'd all be glad to have your future participation in the club as well.
Nick
New to the site and looking for some information. I will be taking the family to include my 9 year old granddaughter up towards Mt Princeton next week. Does anyone know of a safe place to have a little fun with a pan for her? I have the equipment. Thanks
fenixsmom
Unfortunately I don't, but welcome to the forum! Good luck with your little girl!
swizz
Welcome Nick.... sign0016.gif
I'm not familiar with that area either unfortunately, is it known for Gold?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.