Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detecting Finds
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
ScottKS
So when me and dad got back from Larned we went down to the school here in town on the football field and i found 72 cents and this ring......i found them two quarters in the same hole but this time the beeper only showed 25 cents........i have found 50 cent holes before and the beeper showed 50 cents lmao..........dad found 93 cents.....he might of found more then me but no ring for him lmao.........i really don't think this ring has that much value but i don't care.
cornwall84
Hi Scott ,Nice finds, It looks as if that fields never been detected keep at it the goodies are there somewhere.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
ScottKS
Here is the finds i found yesturday....i found 22 cents at the school rock boxes and found the rest at grandparent's house.....that quarter (1964D)..(2003 ABP value $1.00) and that wheatie (1937D)..(2003 ABP value $0.04) was the best finds at grandparent's but i also found that bowling pin there too....Hey mom did you ever lose a bowling pin...me and grandparents both think it is yours unsure.gif .......well it was fun getting out and enjoying the outdoors anyways biggrin.gif
MtDew
Way to go Scott, glad to see you out there metal detecting...................... biggrin.gif
ScottKS
I went out and did some detecting today down the street at the school....i like to look in them rock boxes...mostly because it's easy diggins expecally with that treasure scoop, pin pointer and don't forget the detector too..lol biggrin.gif and makes for a quick outting....only found 34 cents but what was different this time was that heart charm and also that 18" by 5" by half inch thick chunk of iron i found...see everytime dad and me detected them rock boxes we would always get to that spot where i found that iron chunk and always wondered what could be down there....well today i found out....i dug down to it and then came home to put everything in the house and then i went back down there with the #2 shovel and dug it up...now i don't have to worry about that area the next time i go there.....you know i find alot of trash but i'm glad to clean it up because i find alot of wire and that could hurt a kid...expecally if they run around bare foot. I think us detectest should be thanked for keeping our parks and playgrounds clean like that. biggrin.gif (and for the people in the world that thinks that prospecting is hurting more then helping....shame on you for thinking that.... tongue.gif)
ScottKS
Find Of The Day Metal Detecting: 5th Annual Cattlemen's Picnic SEPT (left side arm of the star) 8-10 (right side arm of the star) Kingman, Kansas 1903....Back Side Says: Chwaab S.& S. Co. Milwaukee. What A Nice Find!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Click to view attachment

Same Place Metal Detecting.......Says: MINERVA.....Kinda freaks me out alil smiley-shocked003.gif
Click to view attachment

Finds Of The Day.......Everything else was mostly sheets of metal (& trash).......the penny to the left is a newer one 1979D
Click to view attachment
ScottKS
Saturday I was Detecting the Lewis School Rock Box and found this on top of the rocks (when the detector sounded off) by the tire swing...this is exactly why i love this hobby!!! ♥ thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Click to view attachment

Not the best day for coins but that ring sure did make it worth it :P

The ring band was bent some..i put it on the ring mandrel and got it round...it's a size 7 3/4

The ring band says Sterling so i now know this ring isn't some cheapy bubble gum machine ring but i don't have a dimond tester so i'm not sure about the stones...i'm sure they are not real but even at CZ's they would be worth something and knowing it's Sterling i know the stones can't be totally fake.

I'm sure the stones aren't real Diamonds.....Here's why http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-a-Diamond-is-Real If the diamond is mounted, you should not be able to see the bottom of a diamond looking directly from the top. (I see the point of the pavilion looking threw the table of the center stone)
Click to view attachment
Great Pre-Season Start...hope that ring find is a sign that this season will be a interesting one eating-popcorn-03.gif
Woody
Nice finds scott,

Nice ring for your collection if nothing else. What kind of detector do you have? I am in the process of getting a Garrett 1350. Can't hardly wait. I have had two others in the past and hope top be posting up some coin finds of my own soon. Have a good one, Woody.
ScottKS
I own 3 detectors.....my main one is a Whites XLT.....my gold detector is Fisher Gold Strike (just like the Gold Bugs but this one is digital..before the more current Gold Bug Pro)
Click to view attachment
My last one is my show display fossil Whites Coinmaster 6000/D Series 2 (it's like a 1982 model) looks just like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-Coinmaster-...=p2047675.l2557
Woody
awsome detectors,

Most people don't reconize the need for two different detectors. "One for natural occuring gold, and one for all else like gold rings, coins, and relics". I never owned a gold detector and I probaly won't anytime soon. My older brother has one and I can use it if I ever get onto the nuggets. Mostly I go after the coins. I have quite a nice collection that I have been adding to since childhood, no gold but just about everything else. Alot were bought or traded, I call it my geek hobby. I stored my last detector over winter a few years ago with the batteries in and ruined it. RATS!! So now I am finally getting a new one and it will be mainly for coins.

Here is a link to the best metal finds I have ever seen. I don't know who this guy is but I think we all wish we were him. Have a good one, Woody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDC3SUK3axM
russau
i always remove my batteries when i turn it off every day! so far ive had good luck!
Woody
I went out this weekend before the snow began to blow and got in about 5 hours of fast and furrious detecting. I was at a popular swimming/fishing hole and dug over 100 holes. Most were sinkers but you have to dig them as they show up in the same range as the good stuff.

Three of the finds were kind of cool;
1) I found a 1942 Wheat Back Penny. "No Silver coins in a long, long time".
2) I found a small pinky ring that appears to be home made. It looks silver but don't know for sure.
3) I found a pendant that has ST Christopher on the front and on the back it says, "Sterling H.F.B."

The rest of my finds included $2.75 in spendable clad, 14 Stinking Lincons that were so decomposed they are destined for the trash, and a kids Love/Hope/Peace Friendship ring. Not a great day but at least I got out. Good luck everyone, Woody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.