Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this???
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
asap52
If anyone has any idea what this is please let me know. It appears to be molten, it's heavy like lead but is very hard. It doesn't scratch. Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif
asap52
Here's another pic for size.
DavidS
My first and best guess is Hematite. But that depends on what you tried to scratch with. The red tinges suggest Hematite. Remember ANYTHING can be scratched by diamond. It is important to scratch with several things. (fingernail - 2.5) (knife blade/window glass - 5.5 to 6) (piece of quartz - 7)
DavidS
My first and best guess is Hematite. But that depends on what you tried to scratch with. The red tinges suggest Hematite. Remember ANYTHING can be scratched by diamond. It is important to scratch with several things. (fingernail - 2.5) (knife blade/window glass - 5.5 to 6) (piece of quartz - 7)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.