Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP, I cannot get into the chat room
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > ColoradoProspector.com
El Dorado
What am I doing wrong?
CP
Hi El Dorado,

I checked the database this morning and you are successfully registered for the chat room.
Did you use the long generated password sent to you via email from the sever system?
You must use that generated password to login with....then you may set your password to one of your choice. Just use the same button used to register with above the chat box to "update" your personal info.

Check back in your registration email for that generated password.
The other option would be to delete your user name from the data base and then you can start fresh from there. smile.gif

Let us know if we need to do the 2nd option.

CP
El Dorado
I did use the generated password to enter and change to my regular password. Guess we will have to delete me into cyberspace and start again. Thanks for the help
CP
Ok, all reset El Dorado.
You are very welcome and sorry for the difficulties. smile.gif

You should be able to get into chat now......and re-register your user name there if you like. happy.gif

CP
El Dorado
I re registered, changed my password and still get the same error message when I try to go to the chatroom:

The web site you were visiting has not yet updated this link to point to their chat room. Please return to the web site you were visiting to enter the chat room, and notify the webmaster that this link is invalid.

Webmasters: Please review the documentation for "Directing Registered Members Back to Your ParaChat Room" to prevent this page from displaying.

Die Website die Sie besucht haben, wurde bisher noch nicht so weit aktualisiert um auf den Chat-Raum zurück zu verweisen. Bitte kehren Sie auf die Website zurück, in der Sie den Chat-Raum besucht haben und benachrichtigen Sie den Webmaster, dass der Link hierhin ungültig ist.

An die Webmaster: Bitte schauen Sie sich die Dokumentation zum Thema "Zurückleiten von registrierten Benutzern zu Ihrem ParaChat-Raum" an, um die Anzeige dieser Seite zu vermeiden.
Denise
Rats! The chat server gave an upgrade a few days ago and neglected to tell us we needed to fix the registration link. rolleyes.gif

Should be all good to go now, but if not, just let me know.
El Dorado
Still same results......
Denise
Darn registration! Ok, lets try this again. Sorry for the troubles your having El Dorado. sad.gif

I went to test it out and registered (not required for chat) another username and this was the process it took me through.

After going to the CP chat room, I clicked on "Register Name / Update Password " link located above the chat box.......It opened a new page prompting me to enter a username, real name and an e-mail addy....after doing so, it told me I sucessfully registered and it would send me my activation info by e-mail.........It did, and that e-mail read
"The process of registering your member name is almost completed. To activate
your member name, you must click the link below:"............I did so and it opened a page that wanted my username and the code provided in the first e-mail.......
I entered that info and it also said complete and my member info would be sent to me by e-mail.......It was and it read "Your member name activation was completed successfully." Your log-in details are below:...........I then went to the same link on the chat page that reads "Register Name / Update Password", loged into it with my info provided and it allowed me to change my password. smile.gif
Seems ok on this end for tests. I deleted your registration again. Maybe 3rd times a charm? biggrin.gif

Hope this helps some El Dorado. Let me know how it goes.

Denise
ScottKS
Hey El Dorado it did the same to me today........it also did it awhile back but i was able to get back on unsure.gif ..............reason i didn't know it was not only this site was because it did it to me on another chat too.......You need to update Java..............the other website took me to this link.........hope this works for ya

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie...st=www.java.com

Click Begin Download
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.