Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hall Of Fame
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Denise
Whew.........Sure are some pretty nice specimens at this site!
Some amazing ones from Colorado also. Check it out.

After seeing those Colorado beauties, I know Im ready for the rally.
wub.gif

Hall Of Fame Rooms
Denise
Amazing what you can find if you just look.
Can you find any specimens from your area in the "Hall Of Fame"?
El Dorado
Yup, gold in matrix from the 16 to 1 mine with 19 oz of gold!

What an awsome collection
Denise
ooooooo Nice one!!
But then again, dont think I have seen anything in that gallery I didnt like. biggrin.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Mar 15 2007, 01:09 AM) *
Whew.........Sure are some pretty nice specimens at this site!
Some amazing ones from Colorado also. Check it out.

After seeing those Colorado beauties, I know Im ready for the rally.
wub.gif

Hall Of Fame Rooms

WOW!! smiley-shocked003.gif This is worth bumping to the top.

Some AMAZING specimens!
I have been to the Smithsonian where the mineral displays are and I could have spent a week walking around there!

I'll throw in a random picture... a few years back 2 buddies and I took 3 weeks and made the ride to Prudhoe Bay Alaska and all around the Yukon, and NW territories. One of the hotels we stayed at also had a souvenier shop and sold gold nugget jewlery. There was a cool picture on the wall of a giant gold nugget. The nice lady who owned the store proceeded to tell us the story of the nugget. Her husband, a gold miner, found it in 1983, weighing almost 4 POUNDS!
They were offered $250,000 for it in '84, but chose not to sell it. I think she said it was the 8th largest nuggest ever found in the state then, and is #11 (or was it 14?) now.
And then... much to all our surprise, she asks if we'd like to hold it! Can't believe she randomly takes it out of the safe and shows it to strangers!

I looked it up and it is now the 15th largest nugget ever found in AK http://www.akmining.biz/mine/nuggets.htm
(Check out #1, found with a bulldozer - TWENTY POUNDS!)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.