Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where should I plan to stay?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
CP
Okay, many of you may be asking.........So where should we stay?

Well that is gonna' depend on what you want to explore/prospect for.

Follow YOUR INTERESTS.

Ifin' ya' want to prospect for........
agates, geodes, aqua marines, smokey quartz, garnets, you will want to make plans to stay somewhere near/or between Buena Vista and Del Norte (hwy 285).

Ifin' ya' want to prospect for.........
topaz, geothite, fluorites, amazonites, smokey quartz, you will want to make plans to stay somewhere near/or between Fairplay and Lake George. (hwy 24, 9, or 285)

Ifin' ya' got the gold fever....bad! biggrin.gif
You may want to make plans to stay in or near Buena Vista, Fairplay, or Idaho Springs.

The towns mentioned will still leave you with some short drives to the digs but if you are the early bird on plans you have some info to chew on.
This should give you a general idea for checking on lodging etc.
Keep in mind though.....
We are planning on talking to business owners very soon....hopefully we can find a few business willing to support the event with discounts? wink.gif

We'll keep ya' posted!

CP
russau
be sure to support those businesss that support this effort. otherwise next time they might not think it is worthwhile to help support it again. ive heard venders from shows say that very thing! so lets show our support of those that support us!
wyodust
happy.gif i have my camping spot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.