Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Telescope!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
Duxthe1
I recently bought a telescope and the clouds have been giving me fits here the past few days. It's an Orion 10" dobsonian with the "intelliscope" celestial object finder computer. Well tonight it cleared enough to get some good views. Saturn is bright in the eastern sky. I think I can see one of its moons too. The Orion nebula is pretty nifty as well. Considering I'm near downtown Denver I'm happily impressed. I just need to figure out to get it and the dredge loaded at the same time. huh.gif
CP
Nice!
Both in the car at the same time eh? huh.gif Can you say "Suburban"? happy.gif
Probably get both of em in a big ol' Chevy!

A nice telescope like that is really sweet in the mountains where you can remove yourself and the scope from the city glare.
Been a long time since the star parties we held at schools in my younger days!... ohmy.gif Back then we had no gps/computer trackers. dry.gif laugh.gif
Sure was alot of fun though.......Amazing what you can see/learn in space.
Get some pics of it and through that baby! We all wanna' see! cool.gif

CP
Duxthe1
Unfortunately I gots no digital camera. If I get creative I might be able to get it and the dredge in the same load. If not maybe I can talk Mick into carring some of my rig. I'd love to bring it to the rally and prospect the skies for some incredible views.
Denise
That sounds like a blast!
Maybe you can strap the dredge on top of the car?
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.