Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RMMR 07" Updates!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Denise
Well, we thought we better put up some kind of update or folks may just go nuts.....hehe
Dates are still up in the air, as we are trying to pick the best time considering season weather, local events...etc.
What we can tell you now is that......

This is gonna' be way different than past mining rallies. cool.gif

RMMR 07' will last for 10 days!
There will be multiple locations for your prospecting delight.
The main theme will be...."GO EXPLORING.....IT'S (Y)OUR RIGHT!"
Since exploration and propspecting would be the first steps to mining then lets start with learning the basics and just go explore.....never know what you may find!

More on the central location later.
smile.gif
thegeno
That really sounds great! Here's hoping I can make it!
geno
russau
gene will make it there if i gotta go get him and bring him there! this will be a interesting rally!
russau
now all i need todo is get back to work in a week and start saving my $$ for some gas! this is going tobe a busy year if all goes well!
MickMang
count me in ,,,just look for the guy walking the beagle, wearing a viking helmet
heeheehee wacko.gif
Denise
Its going to be great seeing everyone again!!

You going to be wearing that when your dredging Mick, or will Roscoe be wearing it while he tends?

I can see it now.... happy.gif laugh.gif
CP
Hi everyone!

How does mid July sound then.....seems like that would be a good time. Yes? No?

CP
jmann
I aint got a hat with horns or even a beagle dangit. But count me in. laugh.gif Joe
sgaolson
Sounds perfect for us.....we should be in Breckenridge by then biggrin.gif
russau
mid july sounds like a plan!
CP
Okay, Mark your calendars for July 6th-15th!
Central location will be Fairplay but the action will be spread out and very very cool. happy.gif
Check back often for details on activities and dig locals.

CP
thegeno
That sounds good for me... wifey and I will be out there to meet up with Leonard and the crew at Douglas Creek somewhere around the 15th.... our actual schedule will have to be worked out later... of course all this depends greatly on my situation at the time (drs, chemo,overall health, etc).
CP
Thought we would just pop in for an update here.

RMMR 07' will be an educational, family event FREE TO EVERYONE!
You can participate at your own conveinience!
Attend all or just one activity! Your choice! cool.gif

Keep an eye on this forum (official RMMR forums) for details.

Even though this event is "free" ....There may be some expense (we suspect there probably will be) for organization. We will be addressing that at a later date.

Thanks to everyone who will be supporting this event in advance!
smile.gif

CP
wyodust
if its 10 days, i should be able to make a couple of em...i already have a camp spot happy.gif
Denise
I have been working on a few things myself (for the kids)..... biggrin.gif
lots more hearts to be made.

Here is a pic from the webcam.
jmann
WOW hearts are nice. Any gonna be a bright red or pink? Joe
Denise
There are already, some amazing red and pink ones Joe.
Im personally hand picking, marking, trimming, and hand working every heart.
smile.gif
jmann
Cool thank you Denise. Joe
Jus John
Boy, if there is any way possible, Janna and I will be there for at least part of the rally. Would be really great to see old friends and meet new ones.

Don't know how much time off I will be able to get, what with starting new job and all.

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING THERE!!!!!
CP
AWESOME EVERYONE!

Glad to hear so many have plans to attend.

Another possibility forming as we speak for rally activities...........
We may get a chance during the rally to tour the old Snow Storm Dredge here in Park county! biggrin.gif cool.gif
You have all seen pics of this beauty in the CP forums and it would be great to be able to actually wander the decks where they harvested 50-60lbs of gold twice a week! ohmy.gif wink.gif YEA BABY!!!! tongue.gif cool.gif

If you haven't seen the pics of the old dredge yet......check out the historical section of the forum.

We are waiting to hear back from the historical folks in charge and we will pass on the word when we get it.
Keep your fingers crossed! biggrin.gif

CP
CP
Ok, ok......here is one sneak peek.
For the rest, ya' have to dig out the historical section. tongue.gif

Denise
That old dredge is amazing. Sure would be cool to get a chance to go inside. wub.gif
russau
i went to get a RMMR07 rally t shirt and i cant find them on the miners market. all that is there that i saw were the PLP shirts that i already have. did i miss it?
warsawdaddy
Russ,you need one that says, "I EAT DIRT"
CP
Hey Russ, Thanks for posting the question as several folks may also wonder just where they can find their rally gear. smile.gif

Everyone can get those shirts, with several choices of logos even, in our CafePress shop store. Links can be found for both the CP's Cafepress store and the CP Miners Market in the thread titled, "Help Gain Rally Support" pinned in this section.
You will also find a whole bunch of other cool gear with the RMMR logos on them in the CafePress shop.
cool.gif

That's the same thread where the RMMR flyer is as well, for easy print out and local posting in your areas.

Hope everyone has their plans underway, it's going to be a BLAST!!!! biggrin.gif happy.gif

CP
CP
Hey Everyone,

Today Denise added a bunch of rally gear into the Miners Market so you can now reach all the cool gear at the cafepress shop directly from the Miners Market too.
She's awesome! happy.gif

You can easily find the Miners Market link in the banner rotation at the top right of all the CP forum pages......just wait till the rotation reads Miners Market and then click the banner.

CP
cornwall84
Hi Russ, I was having the same problem.

Try this it works for me.

http://www.cafepress.com/cps_store

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
russau
thanks allan, Mrs.Cp got it up and running now.
russau
when coming to the rally, where exactly do we go for the central location to find out the locations of the other places that are availiable for us to visit for the different things todo! Dan,i guess you could email me this or?????????
CP
Hi Russ,

Why this rally is so different is locations. happy.gif
It's still about education and family fun!.....Get out there and get some, share some. biggrin.gif

Central locations for everyone will be different depending on what you are planning to dig/prospect for.
Gold hounds may tend to spend the entire time at the gold digs...where as the agate lickers will tend to be at the agate digs and so on.... wink.gif

This forum will be the best "central info local" and if anyone wishes to plan a group dig at one or more spots this would be the best place to organize that.

Anyone planning any group digs, lessons, or?

I'm on my way to update the rally activities thread next with more activites to pick from for everyone.

CP
wyodust
looks the we (including the dogs) happy.gif will be there on the weekend 13th-15th

prolly stay at the claim cool.gif
russau
well i talked my honey into coming to the rally with me so i had to buy her a matching rally T shirt so we would look cool at the rally. probly wont be bringing my dredge because of the high gas prices, so we will probly just get a motel room somewhere close...looking forward to being there and seeing my ole friends again.
thegeno
Well folks... Just got back from the Drs. office... He gave me my CT scan results from my last series of chemo... GOOD NEWS... no new spots and my existing tumours have shrunk by another 25% they are now at 5cm in size.... BAD NEWS... my Colorado visit is not going to happen this year because I have to start anothetr series of chemo the first of July. GOOD NEWS... I'm going to spend a few days in South Carolina with Joe Spires looking for that SC GOld this month... Then I and 2 of my oldest friends (from my rock and roll bar band era) will drop down to Cleveland GA and do some gem mining and meet up with the Bugler to mine some gold on the Yahoola. Thmgs overall are looking good and I have the Good Lord to thank for his healing hands. I have all of you to thank for keeping me in your prayers and your support.

God Bless you all,
geno
russau
thankyou God!
cornwall84
Hi Geno, Great to hear the good news .

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
CP
Awesome news Geno, glad to hear all you have endured is paying off.
Very sorry to hear you won't be able to make the Colorado trip but you gotta' listen to the doc'. happy.gif
Rest up, travel safe, and have an awesome time in SC and GA.

Hopefully you can make a Colorado adventure soon.

CP
CP
Hey Ya'll,

Hope everyone is almost ready for the rally! happy.gif Weather is beautiful and we are only 2 weeks away and counting down.

If you haven't ordered your rally gear from the CP cafepress shop yet, you still have enough time to do so.......barely! smile.gif
CP's may just hand you a prize for wearing one.........hint hint biggrin.gif
http://www.cafepress.com/cps_store

Cya'll soon! Don't forget the shovels! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

CP
russau
2 more days untill the doins of the rally and im wishing i could have made it there! i hope everyone has a safe and happy Independance day and a great time at the rally! ill be thinking of all of you having a great time..........while i sit here in Missouri........................................................................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.