Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gold Panning Dirt!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
CP
We are happy to present the CP Placer Dirt to everyone for your panning/educational use.
In the past we have been approached many times about panning dirt for sale. Usually we have found that these folks can't get to Colorado for one reason or another......ie (health, altitude, gas prices), but would like to still experience panning here.

Well after careful thought......here is the new CP Placer Dirt and of course we have done things uuuuummmmm ..... just a lil' different. tongue.gif biggrin.gif
For those of you who follow this forum closely the amount of 2 lb per bag will be no suprise, and YES! You will find gold in every bag! cool.gif

Here is the "official" presentation...... happy.gif

CP placer dirt is dug from areas in Colorado where gold has been and still is found. The only "process" we've done to it is dig it up and classify dry to 1/2" minus, just to get the big rocks out.
You will get to experience similiar "test pans" to what the ol' time prospectors did, and yes we guarantee you will find gold! Every bag has at least 1 piece of gold (flake/picker), we add that just to make sure you will find a nice piece.
All the rest is just as nature deposited it!
Each bag contains 2 pounds (1 average pan) of Colorado aluvial material, unprocessed/raw, for your panning experience with 1 vial to display your finds in.

cool.gif cool.gif

What!? That ain't all that different you say? blink.gif

You can also pick your locations!

We have samples dug from several locations and you choose which dirt you would like to sample!
So far we have a choice of Fairplay or Alma aluvial dirt.
Coming soon we will have Blackhawk, Idaho Springs, and Breckenridge material as well.

Here is a pic of the contents of each 2 lb bag.

And here is a sample pic of flakes/pickers that we add to every 2 lb bag! cool.gif
Sorry only 1 per bag! laugh.gif Unless nature decides differently! wink.gif

Click here to order your CP Placer Dirt samples.

Enjoy and we encourage any feedback or questions!

CP
ME CO
Well last weekend I delivered Dans new "to them"
combo unit up that way. Well for a delivery fee I was given the choice of "dirt from Fairplay or Alma"- since I been to Fairplay and not Alma I chose Alma. I finally got time to pan down the dirt, whay I did was screened to #9 and got out the added bonus and then panned the fines. I would say a nice sample pan and would like to stick a highbanker where this pan came from. All fines but lots of them and not so much black sand as I am used to on the Arkansa$$. Here's a couple pics. Mark

ME CO
Woops wrong picture try this one.
russau
i am completely satisfied with my bag of cons from CP!
jmann
I had a nice picker and line of fines also. Joe
Denise
hehehe Mark.

Russ and Jmann's dirt was from Fairplay.
Sounds like the dirt is panning out well.
happy.gif

More dirt locations coming soon.
(Blackhawk and Breckenridge)
cool.gif
CP
Thanks everyone, we are glad you like the CP Placer Dirt.
MrsCP and I decided that all paid lifetime members will receive a FREE BAG with their memberships! cool.gif
So if you are a CP lifetime member already and do not yet have your free bag......watch your mailbox cause it's on the way.
Well.......all except Garry ohmy.gif......Don't have a mail address for you since you hit the open road. biggrin.gif
Let us know what addy for snail mail'in Garry and we will get yours sent off ASAP. cool.gif

Keep them pics coming and may everyones pan turn yellar'! laugh.gif

CP
russau
dan garrys address is: on the road somewhere out west and lovin it! haha
wyodust
atfer a month of work without days off i return to.....you have dirt in the mail laugh.gif

havent panned it out yet, but i look forward to it, hope it "pans out " well happy.gif
sgaolson
Well we gone and don' it. we bought a broadband card so we now have reliable internet.......... So, I will be watching the post more often. Now for some really good news, my son Chris is on his way here with our Jeep so now I can get out into the feild and do a little prospecting. The weather has been perfect for a little prospecting and I have a BAD case of the FEVER.
Dano and Denise I am looking for to the CP dirt. I have not had my hands on any of the yellow stuff for a long time. It will help ease some of my pain LOL smile.gif
CP
Hi Everyone,

The Blackhawk placer dirt is now listed on the Miners Market-Placer Dirt page!

We have also added a new "CP 6 pack" which will be fun for all!
In addition to finding gold in every 2 lb bag........the CP 6 packs will also have a nugget in one of the bags!! biggrin.gif
Pictured below are a few samples of the average 1/2 gram nuggets in the 6er's!

These will make great gifts or prizes for club events in your local area.
Check em' out soon.

CP
MickMang
my buddy Steve O took a bag or two of cp's placer dirt with him up to see his family in wisconsin, he's goin to send me some photos to post of what he recovered while panning them out, very impressive, his neices and nephews have a nice display case now with quite a few pickers in it. heck more pickers than I've seen myself this year, I just may buy a few bags myself and run them through the highbanker just so it see's some gold this year, I dont want it feeling left out after all LOL
jim
I recently had the great pleasure of being in Colorado at the spring fling. We had a great dinner at the ranch and everyone was given some kind of prize. Mine was a six pack of CP'S placer dirt. My wife's was a bag of placer dirt too. So we now have seven bags of it to go through.We still have'nt gotten around to panning it out but are so looking forward to it. I even have a new pan (provided by D&D) to do it with.
Thanks Dan and Denise for a great time that I'll never forget.
Denise
happy.gif Was a great time thats for sure.

You get a chance to pan out that dirt yet?.......That nice nugget awaits being found!
If you need a little help with panning, you can view some pointers we have in our Plans And Tips page. smile.gif
CP
Hi All,
Time for a fun special with the placer dirts.
This will be only for single bags (2lbs each) of "Fairplay" panning dirt. Begining today 10/17/08 while supply lasts.
In the next 50 bags of Fairplay dirts to ship out from the CP warehouse there will be 2 special bags containing one of the following............ happy088.gif

GOLD FLAKES - 0.9 grams of flakes in addition to the standard CP placer dirt goodies!
Click to view attachment

GOLD NUGGET - 1.3 gram nugget in addition to the standard CP placer dirt goodies!
Click to view attachment

So there will be two very happy panners in the next 50 bags somewhere. bop.gif
To order your dirts click over to the CP Miners Market placer dirt page here, and don't forget "FAIRPLAY DIRTS ONLY FOR THIS SPECIAL"!

*Wholesale orders do not apply to this lot of "50 Fairplay dirts"

Good luck everyone!
CP
CP
We hope everyone who's tried the CP placer dirts are happy with their panning experiences. smile.gif They are designed to be the closest to the "real thing" panning could be if you'd dug them yourself at the source. emoticon-misc-004.gif

Now that fall is in full swing and cabin fever is about to begin it's winter boiling biggrin.gif ........it's time for another CP placer dirt special.
Starting today 11/12/09 we will be adding 6 nuggets (pictured below) into 6 different single bags of the next 60 bags (Fairplay placer dirts) ordered from the CP Miners Market. These all range from approximately 1/4 gram upto 1/2 gram. excited.gif signs026.gif
These nuggets of course will be in addition to the gold that one can find in EVERY BAG of CP placer dirt too. happy088.gif

Just in time for the holiday gift season. Maybe someone in your family would enjoy panning a bit of gold for a Christmas suprise?

So there will be six very happy panners in the next 60 bags ordered. bop.gif Maybe it will be you.

To order your dirts click over to the CP Miners Market placer dirt page here, and don't forget "SINGLE BAGS, FAIRPLAY DIRTS ONLY FOR THIS SPECIAL."

*Wholesale orders do not apply to this lot of "60 Fairplay dirts"

Happy panning everyone.

Click to view attachment
Coalbunny
There must be something nice in one of them bags I got, it made my GB2 go psychotic!
swizz
Good stuff!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
CP
Thanks guys, we are very glad you like them.
Post up some pictures of the pannin's after you get them all cleaned up to. char098.gif

These should make great gifts this season too, a little glitter in the pan on Christmas morn' mmmmmmmmm cool.gif
Special continues while supply lasts (60 bags).......order yours before they're all gone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.