Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Campground Information
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Pages: 1, 2
Denise
We have been doing a little research on the forest service campgrounds around the rally. Here is some links that we camp up with....... :) mellow.gif

This is a link to ReserveUSA.com's listings of Colorado's campgrounds...
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.j...ps/CO_CAMP.html

The closes National Forest campgrounds to the rally are...
Echo Lake Campground...
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.j...1/newindex.html

Columbine Campground...
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.j...c/newindex.html

Cold Springs Campground...
http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.j...s/newindex.html

There is also the Pickle Gulch Campground, but it is by group reservation only, so I will get some info on it and post it here.
There are several private RV campgrounds also within the Idaho Springs area.
There is a KOA campground 1 quarter of a mile from the Cold Springs Campground. Their # is 303-582-9979

I will post more camping info as we get it....... ;) :D There's lots of land here in Colorado. :D laugh.gif

Denise
:)
sgaolson
huh.gif Denise, If I can intrude on your kindness, is there a place you would recommend that that will accomidate a 37ft RV that is close to the rally. I will also be towing another vehicle so I will have alternate transportation. Also what do you think should be the latest on making reservations? wacko.gif
CP
Hi sgaolson,

I was just talking with the owners of the Indian Springs Resort on Thursday, they have agreed to take reservations for the folks coming to the rally only. (they don't usually take reservations for the campground.) So make sure you mention you are attending the Rocky Mountain Miners Rally, and they will take your reservations...... :)

Front Desk Hours: 7:30 am - 10:30 pm
302 Soda Creek Road P.O. Box 1990, Idaho Springs, Colorado 80452
Information & Reservations (303) 989-6666
Fax (303) 567-9304

Thought I should mention that the town also has a bike race that ends in Idaho Springs on the 25th. It's a week long race through the mountains and they have around 5000 signed up for the race....... :o :o :(
When I told Cindy (town assistant adminstrator), she immediately asked if I could move the date, and I politely said.......... :( UMMMMMMM, sorry but it's too late for that........ ^_^ , she understood, dates can't be moved once they are announced.

My personal apologies to everyone, I wasn't aware of the bike race.
You might want to make reservations early if you plan to stay in town at the motels or the rv campground at Indian Springs Resort (only about 6 blocks from the rally).

As far as a 37 footer........ :o huh.gif , JIMMINIE CRICKET! That thing is huge..... laugh.gif :D
You will have to make some inquiries on that one......How good can you suck that thing around a rock?...... laugh.gif laugh.gif :P

Leonard and Ed are coming up soon to check out some of the campgrounds that were posted and I hope to meet up with them. I'm sure there will be pics.... :)
They also plan on checking for camping at the gpaa claim above town.

Lots more info to come....... :D

CP
CP
Gat and I met Ed and Leonard yesterday to check out the Argo and the GPAA claims above Idaho Springs.
We had a great time talking with these two gentlemen, and when they got to town, that made two trucks with prospecting equipment in them...... ;). Ed tried to pan a sample but said he couldn't find any yeller in the white stuff.... laugh.gif
Leonard and Ed have attended several of the DEF rallies and they said we have a pretty good amount of room to work with. Good thing too, hard to come up with more room that isn't a 45 degree incline or more.... laugh.gif

Looks like the area above the GPAA claims is the best and closest spot for the dry camping. There's a good flat spot or two for parking and lots of places to set up tents in the area.
There are more pics at Golddredger.com Forums.

CP
CP
The campsite area. :D
russau
dan, could garrys 37 ft. rv get in and out of there?any sharp turns?
leonard
The road up to the spot is fine. If there were very many other people parked in the parking lot, it might be a little tough to get it turned around. It's a big parking spot but who knows how many vehicles might be parked in it. The Indian Springs resort is about 1 1/2 miles down the road. They could handle it easily and you would be welcome to spent time around the fire in the CCC campsite. We can always accomadate more conversation. You'd have to bring your own cool one's though. Also, be carefull around Corky. He's the official tick inspector.
Denise
Thats a big RV that Garry has!! blink.gif :D
I didn't get to go on the trip to meet Leonard and Ed.......
but I'll meet them next time. ;) Right guys!? :D

Denise
leonard
Denise:
I told Dan that it was nice to meet Gat and all that, but who I really wanted to meet was you! ;)
Leonard
sgaolson
B) Denise, I had something real naughty to say about what you said about my 37 footer, but my wife said I couldn't have any cookies tonight if I said it...unsure.gif
LOL
Denise
:o laugh.gif :D
You guys are hilarious!! :P
Denise
Here is a better pic of the Argo.
****Note the close subway****. ;) :P :D
sgaolson
Denise you sare are handy with that camera B)
sgaolson
I need spell checker wacko.gif
Denise
Thanks Garry! Here is a pic off "Oh My Gawd" road in spring, just above Idaho Springs. :o
This road has a great view, so when you come this way, have a look see. ;)
russau
darn, those are some beautiful pics of the land! thankyou!!!
sgaolson
I think my "37 Footer" would make that turn..... mellow.gif
Coalbunny
What about sticking a tent up on USFS land away from campgrounds? Any decent places for that, or will the USFS have that prohibited?
Carl
russau
carl, i hope you make it to the rally!
Coalbunny
Oh yeah Russ. I'll be there. And IIRC Wally (AZ) and Trev (NZ) owe both you and I a lot of pizza and beer! All the better, since we'll be just spitting distance from the best brewery in the world!
Carl
jmann
Hey All, Been doing a little searching. Found a campground in a place called Empire. Campground called Mountain Meadow Campground. Rates are 23.00
to 27.00 a day. Reads Restrooms and Pay showers. I e-mailed them to ask about showering there but staying some where else. Looks like 6 to 8 miles west of rally. Havent found info. on KOA yet will try to pick up a new directory this next weekend. jmann
russau
hey jmann, its only going to be for a week! what do you need a shower for???haha
jmann
Hey Russ, After a day or two some of us start smelln like wet dogs. :D jmann
russau
well from one dog to another arf arf!
jmann
Well Arf Arf, Sounds like we will be stinking and scraching if we depend on Empire. Got an e-mail back from proprietors of Mountain Meadow Campground. Read "Sorry but campground will be closed this sumer" signed McPeak Family. There was/is some fire that area hope that is not the reason. Will pick up flea powder and extra deoderant. May even take one of them vendor spots and set shop.< CURLEYS SCRACHN POWDER>" Step right up folks step right up. Well how are you today little lady? Is that miner of yours doing a lot of digging and scratching? Well watch this. Then Ill dust a scruffy ol soul next to me thats digging and scratching with my magic powder ( probably sergants and gold bond 50/50) . All I need is a scruffy ol soul. Try to find someone with only one clean shirt. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D jmann
russau
well the homack#1,2,3 are close. primative camping and no water. it might not be a good spot if the drought keeps up. there would be a fire restriction........CO already has had there 1st fire of the season. we dont want to be the cause of #2.
jmann
Boy Russ your sure right about that. About security at campground. Any chance of takn shifts among folks staying there? jmann
russau
i dont know about that! im only bringing my small dredge in my truck! i might not have a chance to use it during the rally, but who knows! it depends on what i need to do for the rally!or the def both or ??????
Coalbunny
REAL prospectors don't "need" no showers. A REAL prospector can bath in the creek! And love it, too!!!!

That's what I'm gonna do. Gonna be awwwwwesome!
Carl
jmann
Sounds good to me. As long as wet and soap works. jmann
CP
Just bringing this one back up so folks can find it.
Gettin close now... :) 32 days and counting ;)
JAW
Hey, how early can we arrive at the outing? It is possible that we might arrive from Oregon a day or two early.

JAW :P :P
Denise
We have a few places you can work before, during and after the rally......
There are several folks who will be here a little early and/or staying a few days after, so I'm sure that you can work with someone. Most folks welcome another #2 operator...
Just let us know when you will get here, we'll make sure you meet who evers already here....
Bill from Tx got here yesterday......

CP

Dan posted this in another topic. I hope this helps Jaw! We look forward to prospecting with everyone! B) It's going to be a BLAST! 28 days and counting! :D

Denise
JAW
We might get there around the 22 nd and hook up with Leonard. Now this is a greenhorn question for that area but what kind of tempatures can one expect that time of year there. Yeh I know this might not be a normal year but who is normal that does this kind of stuff?

We live at 4200 feet here and between the Cascades Mountains and the Walker Range. It can freeze almost any night but sure is nice during the day.

Hey, are there any good nifty rocks there for rockhounds?????

JAW rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Coalbunny
Them purty rocks are all over the place Jaw! But the heavy yeller ones are reseved for me.... :D
Carl
JAW
I tell you Carl, we have one of them thar yeller metal sucking machines that will just empty your pockets of any your hidding. We will have room for some nifty rocks and a bunch of that shinny yeller stuff.

Now all of you, don't get started to early and leave a bunch for us kids out west.

JAW ;) ;)
leonard
The temp at night shouldn't get below the 50's. It should be real nice. Might be chances of an afternoon thunderstorm but other than that, lots of sun and fun.
bluemountain
Is this capmsite free?? :)

David S
JAW
Greetings All!

I am not sure it is free but if I remember right it might of been said that it is on a GPAA claim. Now I want you to understand this, sometimes I have this lack of retaining what was said and that can get me into a peck of trouble.

There is one thing for sure, it will be a lively spot in just a short time and with a bit of luck, the snow will be gone and the gold flowing.

See Ya. there.

JAW ^_^ wub.gif
Barney-mi
Will there be camping close to the rally? as we will have the motorhome so
we will be walking most of the time. blink.gif Barney-mi
Denise
Hi Barney,
You can find more info on camping and lodging near the rally here http://www.coloradoprospector.com/camping_lodging.html
I hope this helps, and hope to see you soon.......... B)
9 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!

Denise
Coalbunny
T -168 hours 45 minutes and counting.... wub.gif :) B)
leonard
QUOTE (Barney-mi @ Jun 15 2004, 11:30 PM)
Will there be camping close to the rally? as we will have the motorhome so
we will be walking most of the time. blink.gif  Barney-mi

Barney:
If you camp at the GPAA claim, I'm sure there will be traffic back and forth to the rally. I think I should always be able to find room for your wife. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif It's about 1 1/2 miles or so from the rally site. I think there will be quite a few camping there.
Leonard
sgaolson
Barney: spoke with the people at Indian Springs and they will have 20 RV spots available but they are 1st come 1st serve electric and water available there is a sewer dump on site I going to try to get in there. Rumor has it the gpaa claim is going to be pretty full and Dan tells me that Indian Springs is 2 miles from the rally and 2 miles from the gpaa claim. I hope to get there early on Friday look for the white/green coachman with Missouri tags pulling a green jeep wrangler. I know several who are going to try for the gpaa claim, I'm afraid of getting there and not being able to maneuver. I can always go there to party if the CCC will allow it LOL :D
Barney-mi
Lenord just rember she don't wear shoes. can't wait until we get there my bet
is she will be in the creek bare foot. we will leave wed. night the 23. well thurs.
morning about 2.30 am. est. does anyone have a cell ph. so when we get there
we could call and get to where we need be. :) Barney-mi
Barney-mi
Sgaolson not sure where we will be. we have a white/green/brown winabago mi
tags. see you there. Barney-mi :)
Denise
Dan called the Indian Springs resort, and they told him if someone from the rally wants to make reservations...they will make acceptions for us only, and to just
call 303-989-6666 and ask for Tessa or Jim, and they will take your reservation. B)

8 DAYS!!!!! :o wacko.gif :D B)
sgaolson
Denise I called them back and got all hooked up they were very nice ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Barney-mi
How far is it from the rally.
sgaolson
Barney, Dan told me they are only 2 miles from the rally and 2 from the gpaa claim. On the same road as the claim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.