Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meteor Shower
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Space and Astronomy
cornwall84
There should be good viewing of meteors on august the 12th.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors/

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Denise
It has been raining here so much that the sky was way too cloudy to see. sad.gif

Maybe next time.
Thanks for the link Alan!
smile.gif
cornwall84
i saw a few but not a lot sad.gif ,But there is another shower due on october the 21st.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Coalbunny
I have a few really good pics of a recent meteor shower. I'll get them up when I find them.
Denise
Sounds great Carl!

Dont forget, another meteor shower on the 21st.
Coalbunny
Well, I had them. Was beautiful & bright white, slowly streaking across the sky. I think it lasted 8-10 seconds before it broke up over Midland Hill. I mean this was a slow one. Bright white glare, and when it broke up you could see a faint yellow trail of the break up, and the way it ached downwards, seemed almost like a satellite.
cornwall84
Must have been nice, maybe time to get out the detector, sadly too much cloud in the uk, it seems likeits been raining for weeks and we still have drought restrictions in place.
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.