Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pink Floyd
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Jam Sessions
Denise
This is a 25 minutes long video about the making of the Dark Side Of The Moon.

Just thought I would share it with everyone.
smile.gif

Dark Side Of The Moon (video)
Denise
What, no Pink Floyd fans in here?

unsure.gif
cornwall84
Oh yes there is , thanks for link Denise. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif i was lucky enough to see them play a free concert in Londons hyde park, cant remember what year it was 69 or 70, i also saw the rolling stones that year, yet another free concert in hyde park, it was a great time to be young and in the big city .

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Denise
ooooooo
Way cool Alan, I would have loved to have been to an original Pink Floyd concert.
ooooooo
And the Rolling Stones.......
Wow! And both were free.
cool.gif
MickMang
I love floyd, but I have to say my fav song of theirs is "learn to fly" had an interesting evening with that song up in the mountains, in washington state, never look at a cliff the same way again lol biggrin.gif
Evil Ernie
I got to see them at Giants Stadium in NJ many years ago...best band on the planet...especially for those that "partake of Mother Nature" tongue.gif wink.gif
cornwall84
I posted this on the lumberjack thread for Denise,i listened to it probably for the first time in over 30 years and it is awesome. enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpGdG27K9o&eurl=

and while your at it try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1cfTMdjkYM&NR=1

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Showing my age eh. laugh.gif
Denise
Very good tunes Alan. happy.gif

Was cool seeing Jefferson Airplane singing white rabbit.

mmmmm Classic rock!
cool.gif
Denise
Roger Waters - In The Flesh

Comfortably Numb live

Lots of memories from Pink Floyd.
cool.gif
Denise
"Pigs On The Wing"
Denise
Pigs on The Wing lyrics.......

If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.

You know that I care what happens to you,
And I know that you care for me too.
So I don't feel alone,
Or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.

smile.gif
Denise
Great Gig In The Sky
Denise
Wish You Were Here

lyrics.....
So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell,
Blue skys from pain.
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange
A walk on part in the war
For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

wub.gif
Denise
I noticed the Jefferson Airplane video you put in above was broke Alan, so I fixed it. I like them alot also, so I went and found a 2 for 1 to replace the "White Rabbit" video you put in. I think you will like it. Now it is white rabbit" and "someone to love"...and a few funnies thrown in from a show you will remember.

smile.gif
cornwall84
Thanks Denise, you had me up dancing around, just as well i am in the house by myself. laugh.gif

Couldnt get any music on the floyd that was with them though.
Denise
Glad to help bring a smile to your face, and a tap to your step Alan...hehe

Here is one you can kick back and relax to.

Time

Its ticking away........ wink.gif
Denise
Hey You excl.gif

lyrics.....
Hey you, out there in the cold
Getting lonely, getting old
Can you feel me?
Hey you, standing in the aisles
With itchy feet and fading smiles
Can you feel me?
Hey you, dont help them to bury the light
Dont give in without a fight.

Hey you, out there on your own
Sitting naked by the phone
Would you touch me?
Hey you, with you ear against the wall
Waiting for someone to call out
Would you touch me?
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone?
Open your heart, Im coming home.

But it was only fantasy.
The wall was too high,
As you can see.
No matter how he tried,
He could not break free.
And the worms ate into his brain.

Hey you, standing in the road
Always doing what youre told,
Can you help me?
Hey you, out there beyond the wall,
Breaking bottles in the hall,
Can you help me?
Hey you, dont tell me theres no hope at all
Together we stand, divided we fall.
Denise
Us And Them smile.gif
Denise
My father has been a big influence in my love for music.......Especially Pink Floyd.
It tears me up to report that he passed away last night during the eclipse of the moon., so this one goes out to him.

Dark Side Of The Moon

I will miss him more than anything! He has been a big part of my life and in making me who I am today........
Love for life, nature, photography, music and the ability to laugh and smile.

Im going to miss you Dad, but I'll see you on the dark side of the moon. sad.gif
CP
I'm sorry honey, know he loved you very very much and was so proud of what you've done in life!

He was a great man, a father, veteran, retired police man, lifetime member of the CP club, and a very dear friend to many. One of my best friends ever, rest in peace buddy.
We'll all miss you and we will see ya' on the dark side of the moon.

greensmilies-017.gif
russau
Gods speed Ken! you left your daughter in good hands!
swizz
Extremely sorry to hear of this Denise. It sounds like he was an awesome person & father and he loved you very much.
My condolences with thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Denise
Thank you Dan, Russ and Swizz.

Another great tune I thought should be added.....
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Denise
They removed the video link I posted above on Dec.21st (Dark Side Of The Moon), but i found an even better one to replace it.
Same songs, but is a video of a painting time lapse I thought you all would enjoy watching....I know I did! smile.gif
RichDColorado
The Floyd still rocks after all these years. I kick myself for not seeing them in concert back in early '70's when they performed at a venue near my college. I knew a few guys who went, but I was a poor college kid at the time and didn't have the extra $ to spend for tix. David Gilmour put on one heck of a show in Gdansk a while back -
Denise
I agree Rich, I never get tired of listening to Floyd! Best if listened to through whole albums I think.
That was one of the only concerts I really wanted to go see when I was younger, the original band of Pink Floyd.
I never got to though either. sadno.gif
Denise
Look out, here come the "Dogs"! unsure.gif Fantastic song!

Have a great day everyone!
swizz
Good one D....
"Animals" is probably my favorite album of theirs, although I appreciate all of their work on different levels.
back in they day it was not heralded as a good work by them but I remember cruising around in my '67 camaro cranking it on 8-track!
I still love that album. When I was doing taxidermy this winter.... my instructor was playing the album so frequently that I had to ask him to put on something else because the songs would get stuck in my head for a week at a time, hate that. Not sure how he found or got into that album since he's almost 20yrs younger than me. He listens to Floyd a lot and probably got stuck on that one like I did.
Dark Side Of The Moon is still arguably their best work, it's like a gateway drug to their deeper music.
Great band.
Denise
Animals is definately one of my favorites of Pink Floyd! After all, we know the world is filled with them.
You guys listen to some great tunes while you create! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Here is another one titled "Pigs".
Enjoy!
Denise
"Welcome To The Machine"
Denise
"Come in here, dear boy, Have A Cigar."

wink.gif
Denise
Here is another great tune by Pink Floyd........."On The Turning Away".
Great lyrics...Enjoy and have a great Saturday everyone.

happy.gif
RhodoRose
In answer to the question of whether there are Pink Floyd fans on this forum...! I took this pic at Roger Water's "The Wall" in 2012. Yep, that's Roger with the guitar - great show, lots of fun!
Denise
Sweet!!! Their one of my favorites! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
Another great tune! Keep Talking........there is someone listening! happy112.gif

RhodoRose
I am "Comfortably Numb" this morning, sitting here sipping a cup of tea... actually, more like "Comfortably Lazy", debating whether it's warm enough to go hunting for smokeys on Pikes Peak, since I have the day off work! Such a Monday morning quandary... biggrin.gif

(Here's Roger Waters trying to beat down "the Wall". I was hoping David Gilmour would appear at the top of the wall to do his famous guitar solo like he did in London but, alas, it wasn't my lucky day...)

Caveman
This is my all time favorite Pink Floyd jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRsNVt7PVdE

.....and you were wondering why they call me "Caveman"? smiley-laughing021.gif
RhodoRose
Hi Caveman -

So...ummm... does anyone actually have a clue about the meaning of the words? Or can they only be properly interpreted under the influence of multiple, questionable substances? laugh.gif

Caveman
QUOTE (RhodoRose @ Mar 24 2014, 01:47 PM) *
Hi Caveman -

So...ummm... does anyone actually have a clue about the meaning of the words? Or can they only be properly interpreted under the influence of multiple, questionable substances? laugh.gif

Welllll, they were "jammin' with a Pict"..... heheheh!
Denise
You both cracked me up!! smiley-laughing021.gif

Fantastic album cover Caveman! One of my favorite covers from Pink Floyd. Love how they did that one with the mirror. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

If you get out there to dig, don't forget to take pics.
Denise
"Sorrow"

Ohh, the sweet sound of the electric guitar! Great scenery video also....
fenixsmom
I just read they are coming out with a new album after 20 years! I might have to buy it just to support them!!! Its titled "Endless Rivers". excited.gif bop.gif music030.gif
Denise
smiley-clapping.gif Very cool, I will have to check it out!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.