Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have an idea for a topic!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
Coalbunny
"Socio-economic impact of recreational mining/prospecting on historic mining communities". huh.gif wub.gif
MickMang
dang , i'm not even sure i can pronounce that. lol
CP
Mick....no worries. I gag involuntarily when I try to yak out those words too. laugh.gif

Carl....Great idea. Guess we will need to start at why it could/should be refered to in different terms. blink.gif

See ya'll on Monday night at 7pm MST Conference Hall

CP
Coalbunny
Ya got a point there Dan.

"Socio-economic impact of small-scale mining & prospecting on historic mining communities"

Personally, I feel there IS a recreational mining part, but for people like you and I, it's not just recreational, it's our livelyhood (thus "smalll-scale").
russau
with all the lawsuits going on, a possible disscussion would be, how can we generate lots of cash for paying the lawyer bills that keep rolling in? one solution would be for all of us to ask for corperations to consider tax shelters or tax deductable gifts for PLP. jerry hobbs is in constant need for cash for the lawyers and with some upcoming court cases we need to re-stock pile for our legal defenses.money going to PLp is a tax deduction(501.c) local small business would benifit from increased revenue generated from small scale mining directly! in fact everyone will/would benifit unless we lose these cases because we couldnt pay the lawyers and lose all the ground that we have won! im sure everyone is just about tapped out on cash for donations,so lets broaden our sites and include all of those that are benifiting from small scale mining and not doing anything to support them/us! PLP,small scale mining community,you and i, needs everyone to get up and just do it! then after the brainstorming of ideas, pass them on to all the forums and clubs. flood the system with these ideas,we need this kind of support to keep the playing feild to our advantage!
Denise
Looks like we have a topic for tonights meeting.
See you at 7.
russau
i think i got dropped from the transcripts. i like to read these as transcripts cause us ole gezzers cant stay up that late!besides i have tobe at work in the early AM.
Denise
Sorry Russ. sad.gif
I have just been so busy with it just being Dan and myself working on the club/website, that I had to drop something from my work load. I wasnt getting alot of requesting so I stopped sending them.
The turnout for the meetings have been great though!

I still have the sending list though, and when I start to send them out again, you will be one of the first to know.
wink.gif
Coalbunny
I hope I'm #2 on that list!

Did anything come of that topic? Wish I was there, dangit....
russau
thankyou!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.