Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garret stinger
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
sgaolson
Gat, I wonder if I can ask some advice, I just traded a fellow for a Garret Scorpion Stinger and I seem to have a little difficulty keeping it tuned. I talked with Garret and Mary there, said to keep the retune button pushed when you tune it, that helped a little. You have any suggestions? :)
Gat-Wa.
First off id like to welcome you to the forum sgaolson. The detector in question is one im not very familiar with.But i have a friend that may be able to help
His name is Charley he dills with all typs of detectors new and used his store is here in Ft Collins Colorado "The Finders" professional scanning.
I am sorry but i must get his ok to post the phone # but if you cant get it in a phone directory E-mail me geneg61@hotmail.com and ill e-mail it to you
Gat.
sgaolson
Thanks Gat I'll check it out....
Did you see my post on the dredge tailings in Breckenridge???? Any help there???
ken/CO
sgolsen,
With the Scorpion, you need to push the retune button every time the detector be-
comes unstable. The retune button brings the detector back to your original set-
tings that you set it at,
Remember to switch to Manual when you operate in All Metal & Auto when you
operate in Motion Disc. (works better that way)
The Scorpion is a very versatile detector and I have found a lot of coins, relics
and gold nuggets with mine, especially if you use the small 5" X 7" coil.

Let me know if you have any more questions, be happy to help you out.

HH

Ken
kalenmcdonald
QUOTE (ken/CO @ May 22 2004, 11:48 PM) *
sgolsen,
With the Scorpion, you need to push the retune button every time the detector be-
comes unstable. The retune button brings the detector back to your original set-
tings that you set it at,
Remember to switch to Manual when you operate in All Metal & Auto when you
operate in Motion Disc. (works better that way)
The Scorpion is a very versatile detector and I have found a lot of coins, relics
and gold nuggets with mine, especially if you use the small 5" X 7" coil.

Let me know if you have any more questions, be happy to help you out.

HH

Ken

Hi Ken,

Im looking at buying the scorpion gold stinger, and would love to learn about it allittle more. and was wondering if you/ or anybody else could tell me about the pro/cons/ and the best settings for looking for fine gold for this metal detector? im also thinking about the gb2. But more leaning to the Garret though.

Thanks,
Kalen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.