Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need pontoons for my 3 inch dredge
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
MickMang
hi ya'll I'm hoping to aquire some pontoons and maybe even a frame for my proline 3 inch dredge/highbanker combo, if anybody has some laying around from a dredge rig that " bought the farm" let me know and we'll haggle. thanks a bunch!
Mick

"he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself the pain of being a man"-Dr.S. Johnson
russau
mick just use 6 or so square vegitable oil containers that the resturants use and want to pitch after use. cheap/light/plentyfull! then just weld up a frame for it.
MickMang
thats not a bad idea! thanks I will have to try it out , now if I can just sweet talk duck into welding me up a frame (hee hee)

"He who makes a beast of himself, rids himself the pain of being a man" Dr. S. Johnson
russau
do all the layout of the frame with the plastic barrels yourself . cut and fit each peice untill its to your likeing, then get a cold case of beer and go over to see him with your parts layed out real nice. it wont take long to weld it up!
russau
looking for used pontoons and a dredge platform is almost impossible, esspeccially at the start of dredge season.
MickMang
yeah, thats kinda what i figured, but i had ta try any way lol
Gat-Wa.
you can use pvc and end caps or as in this pic 10" poop tube
MickMang
I like that idea, thanks a bunch Gat!
Tom-ia
A guy named Jeff in Indiana came up with this rig. Easy to get from the truck to the water and back. PVC Pontoons, and air tight wheels. He sealed them.
Tom-ia
I am somewhat challenged on the computer, so if you want to see the detail of the frame and the nuts and bolts of it, YOU will have to resize the pic yourself. Puter dumby here! A bigger pic does show a lot of the detail much better.
h20prospector
QUOTE (MickMang @ Jun 2 2006, 06:32 AM) *
thats not a bad idea! thanks I will have to try it out , now if I can just sweet talk duck into welding me up a frame (hee hee)

"He who makes a beast of himself, rids himself the pain of being a man" Dr. S. Johnson

MickMang,

Nice unit, I also have the Proline 3" combo. I called Jeff at Proline and it cost a fair (actually large) penny to get their entire pontoon kit. However, since I'm not a crafty person I'll have to stick to the method shown in your picture. When you dredge, do you use a swivel tip or the straight tip that came with the unit

h20prospector
russau
Mick,if all else fails ,come on over to my place and ill help you make your frame/floats for your dredge! 1 case of cold beer(keeping it cold today will be the ez part) and ill buy the pizza! we could have you done in 1 day easily! i was going to make a 3 inch light weight dredge instead of my 4 inch untill i saw that they are just about as big and heavy as the 4 inch. so im going to make a smaller/lighter 4 inch using the parts i have onhand!
THE GOLD PIRATE
QUOTE (MickMang @ Jun 1 2006, 08:13 PM) *
hi ya'll I'm hoping to aquire some pontoons and maybe even a frame for my proline 3 inch dredge/highbanker combo, if anybody has some laying around from a dredge rig that " bought the farm" let me know and we'll haggle. thanks a bunch!
Mick

"he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself the pain of being a man"-Dr.S. Johnson

here are some pontoons from Allen Trees .... http://www.golddredgebuilders.com/product.html i have bought 4 60" pontoons for the new dredge i am building for the 2010 dredging season !!!!!! the dredge is 4.5 feet wide by 10 feet long... ya ya i know some will say it is over kill, but not to me it is not!!!! the home made sluice is 2 ft wide 7 ft long and 6 to 8 inch's deep !!!! it is a over and under dredge for Fine Gold Recovery.... i have most of the dredge frame and pontoons set up done already and i am working on the rest of the sluice box, jet flare+jet log combo !!!! all 1 piece design !!!!! something Keene/Pro-Line have not done yet ? that i know of!!!! will post some pics one day soon wink.gif wink.gif

THE GOLD PIRATE
Coalbunny
What? No kids to hold it up?
robt3wile@aol.com
go hit a couple yard sales for a float tube for fishing .it will support the weight of the dredge with the engine thats what i use under my dredge its a pretty good set up but it has its flause . not to stable in real fast water since it sits on top of the water ,instead of semisubmerged .its very light and deflaitable but it has a very tough material as a cover just a though
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.