Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Earth Day
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Denise
Happy Earth Day!
Im going to clean up garbage around the creeks and do a little mining. ;)
Might even clean some cons live on the CP webcam.

What are you going to do today for Earth Day?
poprivit2
Take a greenie out to lunch at an alligator farm....LOL
Sharpen up my chain saw...
put new line on my fishing pole...
drive over the grass...
play my radio real lould..
flush the toilet extra times...
give $5 to PLP...
come to Colorado...
run my dredge extra deep.....
Take MT to lunch!!!..
Naa...

sit and watch re runs of Lassie

and fall asleep
POP wacko.gif
russau
haha pop your killing me! haha
Coalbunny
This is what I did, though not for earth day. AFAIC earth day is for wimps. Donot attempt to do in one day or one weekend what you cannot or will not do all year long. Can't do squat when it's snowing, true. But I don't wait until earth day to do my gig.
carl
Coalbunny
Another....
Coalbunny
Another....
Coalbunny
And another....
Coalbunny
A few details....
Coalbunny
And finally this one. A bit big, my apologies Denise.

I do this whenever I can. I go out, pick up litter, THEN I go prospecting. A peaceful kind of tit-for-tat. I clean up litter and people have yet to complain about me panning. OTOH, if I just go panning, people will ask the town admin if it's permitted. As he told me once, after I get thelitter, it's kind of "earned". I can still pan if I want, but who's gonna complain? No one, yet.

FWIW those bags I got while in Idaho Springs for the Miner's rally. Russ, Geno, Leonard, JAW, the rest of you- recall when I was picking up the litter from the Barbour Forks campground area? Well, the USFS and Clear Creek County saw it as did one of the guys working at the CO-DOT shed in Hidden Valley. So I not only got a "premier" tour of the garbage transfer station (honestly, I really did enjoy it and got pics if you want), got free garbage dumping for both personal trash and stuff I picked up, but the CO-DOT supervisor gave me a box of those neat heavy duty bags. Nothing to you, but since I do this a lot it saves me money. Fair trade I think. I don't think I'm gonna run out of bags for another 5-6 years, if then!
russau
carl that is a extreamly good example of what we all need (and im sure everyone does this anyway) to do not only when we are out prospecting ! you set a extreamly good example and standard for all of us to follow! my hat is off to you carl! its great that the co-dot and the fs saw your example of civic pride!
Coalbunny
Thanks for the compliment, Russ. I do what I can because too many people can't or won't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.