Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaking of areas to go
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > ColoradoProspector.com
poprivit2
Im a new member too and wish to get some info better that the listing/postings have. The areas on the maps are a little hard to see, and it would be nice to have some more photos.
Any chance of getting some more detailed information? I will be running a 4" with twin engines and a air gast twin for up to 20'. also will have a 7mmm wetsuit and can make a suit heater if you think I'll need it. Really need to know a bit more before I head your way. Once I'm started I only have about 2 1/2 weeks so I'll be hitting one spot and unless its some where close by I will not be able to move, break camp and re position. I'll be by my self and it is going to be all I can do to get this done at all, so a bit of "heads Up" would be nice.

POP
CP
Hi Pop,

I may walk right into the wall here and bang my head so to speak but let me try to help if I can..... ^_^

Let me start with some explanation of the CP membership in more detail.......
The CP club teaches us how to be an actual miner (hopefully) :)
Starting with first exploring open ground to find your discovery and file your claim if desired. If owning your own claim isn't the train of thought, then the membership gives you open areas where you know you won't be claim jumpin' to explore as we all have the right to do.

4" with twin air.....SWEEEEEET! Sounds like a dredgin hog! B)

What areas can you take it too? Really that has to be your call as the miners to decide what equipment would be best suited to extract the mineral(s) you discover.
Notice I emphasized you above....... really folks, if MrsCP and I made any discovery we might be very inclined to file another claim..... :D Again....
The CP club is about you learning to explore, discover, and/or file your own claims......It really is a different concept than any other club, but what better way to learn how to be a miner than to start with your own claim.......and learn the laws that affect that claim and you as a MINER.

The club doesn't claim you will find anything either.......that is again your job.
Some of the areas are surrounded by patented claims and all are in the Colorado mineral belt....we try to give you a headstart.

We also list a couple private claims where you can take that unit and you will more than likely find gold every time, but camping isn't the same local so you would be concerned with leaving your equipment.....just as we all would. One draw back to bigger machines.....hard to move.
But then again.....most creeks here in Colorado are on the smaller scale of dredge in the creeks....not like Ca on the Klamath or the Yuba. Average water depth for instance at Vic's (N. Clear Creek) is prolly less than 12" on average......Will it run a 4" ?
Heck yea! But you will be starting on your knees long arming. May even have to put a few more rocks in to damn up the water so the unit floats right. :(
But Gat and I punched a hole at Vic's in one day over 6' deep and 5' around with his 4". :D

As for what size unit would be good for what areas? That will depend totally on how much work you as the miners will be willing to do to extract the mineral(s) found..... Which is exactly what mining is about....how much in for how much gained at the end.

K, now I've rambled on forever .... laugh.gif Now I'm late for work.... rolleyes.gif

Psssst POP......Area 13 has a nice creek, camping right there, and 3 claims were filed just above last fall......you may want to consider that one.. ;)
Good luck and may your dredge turn yellow!
Oh yea, almost forgot......water is cold...have I mentioned that before? :o

Hope this helps, have a great day.

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.