Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Equipment plans and techniques
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > ColoradoProspector.com
Denise
I wanted to let everyone know Im working on a plans page for mining equipment and techniques. If you have mining equipment plans or techniques you would like to share with everyone, just e-mail me the plans and a few pics and i will add them to the website. We look forward to hearing from you.

Colorado@ColoradoProspector.com
Denise
The page is up thanks to a couple of great guys.
Thanks Evil Ernie and Sparky. Great plans! CP is working on a few himself to add.
Plans And Tips

If you have plans you want to share with everyone, get them to me and I will add them to the page.
CP
We have just added our high volume bucket classifier to the "Tips and Plans" page.
These will classify a full bucket of cons in just minutes! biggrin.gif
Enjoy

CP
dorygold
I would switch the bolt and wing nuts around to the outside so you can swirl the material around in the classifier and not shred your hands to bits.
Just a pennies worth of advise.
Denise
Good idea!
I never thought about that though, because the way I twist the whole classifier on the bucket filled with water, I never have to put my hands in. wink.gif
The twisting in the water does all the work for me.

Thanks for your suggestion dorygold. Input is always welcome, especially when it saves us all some skin...hehe
smile.gif
dorygold
I myself use a plastic collender ( vegetable strainer) from Wallmart, fits real nice in a five gallon bucket has lasted for years and only cost .97 cents. Can't beat that!
Pretty much all of my equipment other than my pan is homemade. It is so much more gratifying to know that gold your was recovered from something you made.
Keep up the fine work!
russau
dan if you rotate the wing nuts to the outside of the screen it wont fit into the bucket anymore.leave it as is!
CP
Thanks for all your input folks......great stuff

You could actually put the nuts and bolts on the other direction, but then you have more "edges" sticking out to catch on stuff in storage or transport. And since you can use the twisting motion in the water there really isn't a need for hands to be inside much.....or yep you are right......can catch up on your hands.

The bolts don't actually end up inside the bucket tho Russ.....the classifier will stop just below the bolts because of the plastic ridge in the bucket ring used for the classifier.

Good ideas and thanks again for your input guys.

Now we have added a new set of tip/instructions into the plans page.......
You can now find Sluicing Instructions on the plans and tips page.

Enjoy and have fun!

CP
mo_bob
good job there biggrin.gif say dan can ya do a one on DFS how to set up and run ect ect .... i sure would be greatfull if ya did cool.gif happy.gif wacko.gif let find some gold
mo_bob
good job there all the brains and good people of the gold belt in colo biggrin.gif
Chet
Mo_bob: When i set up my DFS, i try to get it so that a 'scoop' of material (roughly 2 or 3 handfuls worth, don't overload it-that's important) runs through and all the blonde sands have left the box in about 7-10 seconds. The heavy stuff should still hand around for awhile bouncing around the little riffles of the expanded metal. One very important thing though is to classify everythiong before you run it through to at least 1/2", 1/4" if you can. That's because the flow through the DFS is so delicate, and it needs to be to get all the little tiny gold and to give it time to get stuck somewhere in your box. Rocks and pebbles that get stuck in the box will disrupt the flow and not allow your tiny gold to drop into a nice spot for it to stay. As for how much water to let through, just make sure the material takes about 7-10 seconds to clear through the box, and as for depth roughly second knuckles worth, but that will change depending on how fast it's moving. Let me know if you have any more questions! happy.gif - Chet
mo_bob
ty biggrin.gif for info i heared that ya can set it up and run as a poor man dredge again ty
CP
Howdy all,

Denise just added our new set of plans for building a "water drip pan station" for those of you who carve, shape, and sculpt stone with your dremel and flex shaft.
This unit is easy to make and helps keep the mess down while working the flex shaft wet with stone work.

Enjoy and let us know how it works for you.
If you haven't yet had a chance to browse this page, you will definately need to soon! Great info for everyone!
ColoradoProspector's Plans And Tips page

Yes it is mining equipment for those who ask..... tongue.gif
Tools used to process any mined materials qualifies .... biggrin.gif cool.gif

CP
Coalbunny
Dan, instead of using thumb nuts and bolts on your screen, why not use pop rivets & washers instead? Cheap, easy to replace, won't snag, etc.
Steppegold
About the GP Bucket Classifier.

In Kyrgystan I observed the artisanal miners use metal buckets modified only by slipping a slit rubber tube over the metal handle for comfort.

1 - fill the bucket with gravel from a sack on the stream bank.
2 - add water to the bucket to make a slurry.
3 - carry bucket to edge of fast flowing stream.
4 - submerge bucket and tick-tock to and fro it.
5 - pause to prod contents with short stubby stick.
6 - encourage fines to flow out and clean water to flow in.
7 - pour contents into a home made instream sluice.
8 - remove ribbed rubber mat and empty its concentrate into frying pan with handle removed.
9 - do panning as per North American panning.
10 - get rich!

I call this 'bucketing'. Its fun to watch but strenous to do.
So far I've only heard of it in Kyrgyzstan, and a 'near miss' in Colorado m'thinks.

cheers

Steppe
CP
Close, but I think we have some Blues influence here......we prefer the "twist" happy.gif biggrin.gif

Coalbunny, I suppose one could use rivets. Have you tried that yet?
I personally like having a few extra 1/4-20 bolts and wing nuts handy......Just never know when some "wingnut" is gonna' toss a rock agin your unit! ohmy.gif tongue.gif (Pokes Wyodust in arm)

Anyone had a chance to try out any of these plans yet?

CP
toddarice
It seems an apology is in order. I was emailed a Mining Claim Lease that apparently might have been made here. If you want me to remove the download from my website, I will, of course.
Also, I have many, many downloads (some of the same that are here-about 38 downloads in all) at the following address, including some forms and metal detecting stuff. I also have some other stuff, but just have not gotten around to adding them. But please do not post these links on other boards. These downloads are for the members here and my website.

DOWNLOADS SECTION:

http://www.cmec.biz/mall/portal/modules.php?name=Downloads
CP
Hi Todd,

Thank you my friend! You are a stand up guy and we really appreciate that on your part.
Yes, that was taken from this website but no way do we want you to remove it.
We made that up for everyone's use and it's just sickening at the level of crap some will go through to try to eliminate the CP name from even FREE STUFF that we have created!!! mad.gif

In fact I originally posted this in Dec of last year in this forum which now has 541 downloads as of today! cool.gif
Here is the original thread....Posted here on the CP forums Dec 06'
Mining Claim Lease-Valuable References Section
Must be a good piece of work or others wouldn't try to steal it! STEALING FREE STUFF!!! DUH! IDIOTS!! tongue.gif

At any rate......please keep your link up for this claim lease as it is intended for everyones use!
I would request, by name, here in front of everyone, who the COPYRIGHT THIEF IS!

Here we are, bustin' our backs trying to make things better in any way we can and someone with such low character trims off the CP website name from page 2 but yet doesn't notice that it also said the same thing on page 1..... wacko.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif That's right.....check page 1 of the "modified" current download that was sent to Todd.
So, I and many others would like to know who this "crook" in copyright is.
Many CP club members and website supporters will be very interested to know this!

This happens repeatedly from the CP website and it's gettin' pretty dang old!!!!!
Personal note to copyright violaters....If you can't give the credit properly then take a flyin' leap eh?!!
Hopefully we can shed some light on this dishonest persons name associated with the lack of character.....MAN I'M STEAMED!!!! CAN YA' TELL!!!!

Like I said Todd, we appreciate your upstanding character in this matter and please just update the download you have with the proper info (download #542? happy.gif ) and author credits.
Thank you.

Not looking forward to finding out who the theif is this time but want to know!! dry.gif

CP
toddarice
Download has been updated here;
http://www.cmec.biz/mall/portal/modules.ph...wdownload&cid=6

Also, I converted it to a pdf file so noone can mess with it and change the credits. I suggest you download it and replace the file here with the pdf version, which, I might add, has a link to your site embedded in it. biggrin.gif

As far as the culprit goes, I'm afraid I can't tell, as I don't know. I deleted the email about a month ago, and simply don't remember. I get about 60 emails a day, and I just don't remember. Perhaps someone on my board will. I'll ask.

It is sad, but now you kinda know how I felt when Doug started. People like this, in my opinion, are a real drag, to put it nicely. I cannot understand why some people say and do what they do. I don't always give credit to someone who wrote an article when I copy it, but I also would never remove their name. I mean, what's the purpose? I just don't get it. You will find in all the downloads (as far as I know) on my site, the authors' name, website, etc.
Honesty is the cornerstone of a good business, even if you're not trying to make a dime, like at my forums. But people will be people, and the web is the devils' playground.
Again, my apologies, and everyone here is free to check out the downloads on my site, as there are quite a few.
And have no doubt-if I find out who erased your name, I will be the first one not only to confront them, but put their name in bold on every website I am a member of. I'm kinda funny like that. biggrin.gif

I have had several people put their names on my DFX programs (some of them VERY famous), but whatever, ya know? Like you said, Dan, people who steal free stuff are really funny. Idiots is a kind word, though.

Anyways, I could go on and on, but the point is that it has been fixed and I was only trying to contribute. All my downloads are also free. People helping people is what it's all about.
Todd
CP
Thanks for the update Todd and converting it into pdf. Very nice!
I sure get tired of it too....dishonest folks trying to use honest folks efforts to make themselves look better. We unfortunately have experienced this over and over since the CP club/websites conception stages, and even had one low life server we hosted through steal our material. ohmy.gif
But the good news is......eventually good hearted truthful folks/companies find one another and steam ahead standing proud.........while the wanna be's EAT DUST! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Looks like CMEC and CP are steaming on! Anyone else hear the train coming?! biggrin.gif

Folks, these plans, tips and downloads from both sites are offered to you all free of charge. We hope you find them all useful and please feel free to give your feedback at both sites!

CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.