Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rally Location!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Denise
We have a location!!
I just spoke to Dan on his lunch break, and he informed me that he spoke to
the owner of the location................
blink.gif :) huh.gif mellow.gif :D :D :) blink.gif :P huh.gif
And he said its a go!!!
We will be holding the Colorado 04' Rally at...

The Mighty Argo
You can learn more about this historical site by visiting them online
http://www.historicargotours.com/
This is a great place for the whole family, and being in Idaho Springs, there is plenty for everyone to do. I have alot of work to do.. ;) ...But as soon as we have more information about the dates, we will post it. :D :D ;)

Denise
:)
Redpaw
YES !! IT LIVES

I will do everything I can to post this information across the Internet,

FRONT PAGE NEWS

GREAT work you are doing for the Miners in Colorado, The MRT will Post this message shortly.

YES !!
russau
very cool!!!i copied every page!!now we need a date and a bunch of people and some nice weather!you have done a very good job so far! my hat is off to you!!!
Gat-Wa.
:D Cool place ya picked out there Dan&Denice oooooo this is going to be fun fun fun laugh.gif :P rolleyes.gif B)
Gat.
DBinCo
Yes Yes Yes , I'm surprised , ecstatic , excited , and just can't wait ! :D I don't think anyone else could have come up with a better location for the rally ! Talk about centrally located !!! Two thumbs up to Dan and Denise and my hat is off to the both of you . rolleyes.gif
geno
:D got a date set yet?... I just might be able to make it... it sure sounds like a good rally is gonna happen... lets make sure that we have the general public show up in force... thats what will make it a great success.... I need to bend and tweak my work/vacation schedule a bit for this to happen for me.
russau
dont forget to invite the gpaa. maybe tom or perry will film it!!
CP
Nope, no date yet......... <_<
We are actually waiting for the GPAA to get back with us on dates, talked with them last week and they do seem interested in being a part of it. Just needed to see what they could work into their schedule....... :D Maybe we can get Ken and Gary out here for some fun....... :) Who knows, maybe we'll even get Tom or Perry to show up..... :o
We are also trying to get Idaho Springs town council behind us on this, and coordinate their Miners Days events along with the rally.
Jim has owned the Argo for over thirty years and knows many of the town business owners and all the town council..... ;) Things are starting to take shape!
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

CP
motorbikemike
Great job guy's. I can't wait for it to happen!!
thegeno
COLORADO RALLY 2004 is a definate GO for me... I'll see you there!.. Hey Dan, give me a call ... 863-221-2873. or send me an email gene.wiley@verizon.net
geno
Denise
Great to hear Geno!!! :D
We look forward to meeting you. We will post the date of the rally here
as soon as we have a definite. Thanks for the info you sent through e-mail. ;)
Your help is greatly appreciated. :) :)
russau
genes good people!!
thegeno
Aw gee...shucks...Russ, Thankx

Denise... I have hundreds of files that I've created over the last three years... If there is anything you need for the Rally, I'm sure I have a copy that I can send. If you want me to do any of the printing, I can handle that as well...

I use a Xerox Laser Color printer that is designed to kick out 30,000 pages per month. I can also design anything that you might need. All ya goitta do is give me a holler...
geno
CP
Thank you Gene,
We will be in touch for the printing and such.
Love the men at work sign.... :D

and I think Russ is a pretty darn nice guy too! ;)

CP
russau
wait a minuet there!!!!!! was that from mr.cp or mrs cp?????????? i aint gonna have some guy come up to me and get all mushy and lovey dovey on me now am i?????hahahahhaahhahahahahahahhahahhahahaha
Sammy316
What are the prerequisites for attending this rally? Sure sounds like a fun time and would like to attend. :D

HEY! I stayed in Idaho Springs when I moved out here, awesome place and the little motorlodge I stayed in was right out of the 50's. A very cool place.
leonard
You want to have to have fun!
russau
leonards correct! this rally is for fun! also i might add that this rally is being made possible to us by the courtesy dan,denise and the argo mine owners and others! please respect their rules and regulations! we are guests there in THEIR BACKYARD! lets put on the best face we can for the public! hopefully we can have another next year! DEF is about teaching and informing people that want to know and those that need to be tought! ask questions to anyone that is doing any mining or any display! ask for some hands on time on a nozzel or panning. we are here to teach the public that we are a good thing! and i hope that dan,denise,argo,and everyones efforts are rewarded! and that they will be very happy having done so! anyway thats my hopes!
russau
another thing thats good PR for us is to have a trash can in plain veiw of everyone! make it obvious!!! if you see sometrash, pick it up and put it in a trash can!!!! we dont want anyone (greenies) coming there and be able to pickup any ammo to throw back at us!!! beaware of people watching you! ask them if they need any help! be nice! be smart!!!!! we want this tobe a positive event for ALL!
CP
RALLY DATES................ :o :o :o huh.gif

ARE................ :P :P laugh.gif laugh.gif <_<

THE FIRST WEEKEND OF SUMMMER................. rolleyes.gif unsure.gif laugh.gif :P

JUNE 25TH, 26TH, AND 27TH....................YEAH! B) :D

Now we can start to hammer the details........... :D

The GPAA has said they will help promote the rally and hopefully they can attend in person. ;) We will get together with Geno to design the promotions to use in the Gold Prospecting Magizine and The Pick & Shovel Gazette!
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! Wer'e rolling now.......... ;) :P

CP
CP
Thank you all for your suggestions!
We will use all of them and hopefully many more.
Over the weekend we will put together some lodging info for the immediate area so folks can make reservations if they so desire.... ;)

I'm gettin' all giddy..... :P laugh.gif :D

CP
leonard
The CCC will be there with dredge engines at full throttle!
leonard
We are warming up the engines!
leonard
We can't wait! We are ready now!!!!!!!!!
russau
hot dog! im ready now! will there be any camping at the rally site? will atvs be allowed? how far from the rally site is the creek going to be??
DBinCo
COOL BEANS , That got the old adrenalin pumpin !!! :D
We already had that week picked for some vaca. time !
Perfection at it's BEST !
thegeno
I'm checking air-fares now.... I'll be arriving in Denver on the 24th and flying back out on July 5th or 6th... I'll have the tickets purchased by Monday... WHOO HOOO!!! I'll see you there!

geno
russau
big question!!!!!!! how cool will the nights be on the average during this time of the year?????
thegeno
Dan/Denise ...Other stuff I need to know... GPS Co-ordinates
Is Camping available? How much $$$? hookups? How many campsites... Closest Motels/hotels... restaurants....stores WalMart/HomeDepot/Drugstores...

This info needs to go to Leonard so he can post it on the DEF website... Maybe we can get RedPaw to make a set of his awesome Topo maps for the Argo Mine/ Rally area.

Will local prospecting clubs have booths for panning and such?

So much stuff to get together and you guys are doing an outstanding job!
russau
gene, ill second that!! the buzz is starting on the web! im getting calls and emails about the rally! its" looking good" as the buzzard used to say!
thegeno
Outstanding!!! and to think Russ.. you had your doubts at first when I talked to you a year ago.... LOL... I knew you'd make a go at it as soon as you got a little help... Now with Dan and Denise You and RedPaw, this thing is startin to rock!
CP
Did someone say they wanted to know about camping ......... :D B)

Well lets start with the link to the Clear Creek County Map (bottom of the page)

Here is a link to the Map of Idaho Springs

And here is the link to make reservations or plans to any of the local lodging and closest campgrounds, restaraunts, antique shops, etc......
Idaho Springs area bussiness listings ;) :)

Yep Russ, always a good chance of cool nights anytime of year up here.... rolleyes.gif <_<

Geno, I will post this info over at Leonard's forum too and E-mail it to him.

Yes, we sure hope that local clubs are in attendance...... The Gold Prospectors of the Rockies have already been invited and were already saying they would be there if the dates worked for them.
One of the CP members (ME CO) is contacting the Gold Prospectors of Colorado. ;) I think we just need to get the dates to them, I'm sure they will want to attend..... :)
And more that we have not yet contacted........ wacko.gif laugh.gif wacko.gif

Hope this helps! Can't wait to meet ya'll.

CP
thegeno
Lets all help get the "BUZZ" going in Idaho Springs... Lets all call the motels, the campgrounds and the Chamber of Commerce and ask questions about the area, letting them know that we are coming for the rally and need the local information to make our plans... nothing but good can come out of that sort of contact... It gets the locals talking, asking questions and wanting to participate... I'm calling the Chamber of Commerce tomorrow first thing.

geno
russau
gene, i have very little to do with it! dan and denise was the inspiration and they had the gitup-n-go to get this on the road!redpaw helped instigate this into where we are today,and im sure there are lots of others that i dont know about!! the important thing is that were rockin to the rockies in june! im to be a guest speaker at the mo prospectors gpaa club in kansas city missouri the second saturday of march. my topic is DEF, and the colorado rally. this info will be in the moprospectors march newsletter. i also invited the gpaa club in arkansas (gold prospectors of the ozarks) rick settings to talk up the rally and to send a delegation from his club. and the northern indiana club, the pennsyvannia club(wet will) and a bunch more. dan, i hope you remeber to invite the govenor of colorado!
russau
dan, will there be any camping at the rally site?the venders cant leave their wares unattended! will we be able to dredge the creek in the picture of the Argo mine? or is there a alternative spot to dredge?
Denise
You ask great questions Russ. ^_^ I'll try to answer them all. :)

will there be any camping at the rally site?the venders cant leave their wares unattended!......
We have posted some info on camping, but vendors with RV's will be able to stay at the argo's lot to watch there stuff, and we will also have people keeping watch at night.

will we be able to dredge the creek in the picture of the Argo mine? or is there a alternative spot to dredge?.....
We will be doing lots of demonstrations in the creek in front of the Argo. ;) :)
There will be several dredges working, and we also spoke to Al with the Phoenix Gold Mine and he told us that "during the days of the rally", people attending the rally will be able to use some of his creek below his gold mine. blink.gif :o :o :) :D We are still working on details, but I hope this answered your questons some.

I have also been working on the rally information on the Colorado Prospector website, so have a look, and tell me what you think. Now remember.....Im constantly adding more info to the page as I learn more details. ;)
http://www.coloradoprospector.com/rally04.html
Denise
I took a pic of the old fire department (Central Hose House) in Idaho Springs from 1876. wub.gif
I hope you like it.
CP
WOOOOHOOOO! Today is the day....OFF WE GO!
:D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.