Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beautiful Colorado
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Denise
I just wanted to share a few pictures I took of Colorado.
I love this state......... wub.gif and the history behind it.
Denise
Can you see all the tailings piles? :) huh.gif :o B)
Denise
I love the skies here! blink.gif ^_^
Denise
And when the day is over............it makes you glad your here in Colorado. :)
skunks_lil_nun
My god those are beautiful pictures!! I especially like the 3rd and 4th ones!! Thanks for sharing those Denise!! wub.gif

blink.gif kriss
Denise
Thanks Kriss. I love taking pictures of the clouds the most .
Here is another. :)
ME CO
I used to call that God's television. Sunrise and sunset good on the river. Mark :P
Redpaw
Nooooooo, I can't look......But I must..........Nnnnnnnoooooo I can't look.....I have..

I have.....to ....fight...it........Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........

**POOF**

great now you did it, I'm a greenie now and will be your worst nightmare, I must go now and water my garden....Oh is that parsley?

:D laugh.gif laugh.gif :D
skunks_lil_nun
blink.gif wow, how weird! I like taking pictures of clouds and skies too!! I took these the other day...but the first one i took awhile back...

wub.gif Kriss
skunks_lil_nun
wacko.gif pic#2...taken last week. I know it's boring but it was a nice, crisp looking day!!
skunks_lil_nun
and pic#3...also taken last week.

It's been raining/snowing alot this week, I might take more tomorrow during the day!
Redpaw
Gotta luv them clouds 'eh?, The oregon beach between storms.
Redpaw
Top of the World looking out to the Ocean between the storms, this was several years ago as a christmas card cover that we sent out to family in AZ.
Denise
Great pictures!!! B)
Now you hit my weakness. ;)
That 2nd pic of yours Isn't boring at all Kriss.......quite the opposite I think.
I saw lots of things with my imagination in those clouds, very pretty. Thank you.
I agree Mark, Its the only kind of TV I get these days. I mostly listen to music.
Great pics Redpaw, did you say you took those pics?
Here is another of mine..... blink.gif
russau
denise, if you sqwint real hard on your first picture ,towards the upper center of the picture,you could just bearly make out where id like to live!!!!!!!!! haha!!!!!! those pictures are truly beautiful!!!come on clorado rally time!!!
sgaolson
Your making me homesick....... I left 25 years ago, I still get back 2-3 times a year but, that's still not enough. Thanks for the pitures and memories...... :)
Denise
Hi sgaolson,
Do you like to fish? :)
Here is one of the guys fishing on the Yankee Doodle. They caugth a total of 28 fish in about 3 hours between the 3 of them. blink.gif ^_^ :P :D
We had a great day......And buy the way, they threw all the fish back. ;)
sgaolson
That's some nice lookin bedrock there. I promise to be real quiet with the dredge so as not to disturb your fish'n Only kidd'n I used to go up to 11 Mile Canyon below the dam and do some trout fishing. Also did some snagg'n in the reservior too.
I tried to post one of my pictures but it was to big, how do you reduce them to fit??? :(
Denise
What I was thinking, was we could dredge after we fish... :D laugh.gif :D

If you dont have a program that will resize your photos, you can always send them to me, and I can resize them and send them back to you. ;)
You can always reach us at webmaster@coloradoprospector.com

We would be glad to help.
Denise
:)
leonard
Okay! The sky pictures were all I needed to make me add one of my favorites. It's not Colorado though. It was New Years at Stanton arizona. This is Dave with Venus in the background.
Leonard
sgaolson
Leonard That is one way COOL picture!!! B)
sgaolson
Leonard sent me a program called IrFan View, but I'm to stupid to figure out how it works. I remember how intellegent I felt showing my Dad how to stop the clock from flashing on the VCR. Now, my son comes over to show me how to use the surround sound blink.gif
Denise
Hi Leonard,
Welcome to the forums.
Great picture!! If you have more, I would love to see them. :)
Im a sucker for a good picture. ;)

Denise
Trilobite
Here's my favorite picture.(doom and destruction sky.
mom says thats a typical teenager for ya. laugh.gif )
Mrs. CP takes her camera out every morning , onto the deck and gets a sunrise picture almost every day :P :) this is one of 'em.
She stares and she stares and she stares at the sky every day.
(I wonder why,as the 3 year old screams in the backround. blink.gif )
skunks_lil_nun
:o wow...I LOVE that pic...so much red in it...

awesome shot Denise!! thanks for sharing boy detector!!! wacko.gif

Kriss wub.gif
sgaolson
Thanks for the help Denise, this is from the "Flats" at Douglas Creek Wyo. Just after a storm rolleyes.gif
Denise
Anytime sgaolson. Great picture!! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thanks Kriss, boy detector knows skies are my weakness. A mom has to get a break anyway we can right? ^_^ :P :)
Can you see the baby the herd is protecting?? huh.gif ^_^ :)
sgaolson
With a little duct tape and WD-40 I think we can get it running again. What do you think?
sgaolson
Can anyone guess where this is?
CP
Just a guess....... Grand Tetons?

Better bring two rolls of duct tape for the old truck above though..... laugh.gif laugh.gif
Pink
Love the Pics D and ya know what the men who made the colorado roads must have been drunk never been on such wild and curvy roads ours go straight up and down guess that is Why the 4 wheel drive was invented in wyo laugh.gif
A few yrs back me and Rob took a trip up one of them straight up and down roads and when we got to the top I could swear I was looking at gods feet as I couldn't see anything below us just up and there was puffy clouds with little rays of sunshine coming through. And of course Rob being the man he is he forgot the camera but it was our 2nd honeymoon so I could forgive him ;)
sgaolson
Too far west Denise, a little closer to your home and a little farther north.
As you can see in the other picture "Dredge Boy" was looking pretty hard at that truck, he made the "fella" an offer but, his credit was so bad he couldn't get financing. So he's still hoff'in it! :P
skunks_lil_nun
Heya Denise!! I've been "out of commission" for a few days with a nasty dose of poison oak, had to go to the ER for a shot yesterday and I'm finally getting to go out mining again with Bill today!!! I cant wait!! He's been finding some GOOD gold on our claim...pickers/nuggets etc!! He told me he was gonna find a nugget the other day...and he sure as hell did!! Our claim is lookin' real good!!!

Anywho... wacko.gif got up early and I went outside this morning and took this...thought you'de like it. It looks so pretty outside right now...it's supposed to start raining in a bit so be prepared in a few days for rain/snow!! It's headed your way!!!!!

Kriss wub.gif
Denise
WOW Kriss!!!!
Thats a great shot. You have a great eye for photo taking!!
Im sorry to hear that you had such a hard time, but im glad your ok now. ^_^ :) It sounds like the claim is going be a blast for u2 this summer. wub.gif
I want to see some pickers/nuggets pics. B)
Again.........WOW!!!! Thanks for sharing, and the heads up about the snow. :) wub.gif

Denise
skunks_lil_nun
Thanks...I will put a couple more in here...heres the little nugs from the other day. as luck would have it, we hardly got anything today except a few flakes...ran into a few issues with one peice of equipment. must be friday the 13th! mad.gif lol

anywho...heres one pic...and I will also post the other 2 I took this am...I feel somewhat crappy from these meds so we will take pix of the other stuff tomorrow!! wacko.gif blink.gif

K. wub.gif
skunks_lil_nun
pic #2 from this am:
skunks_lil_nun
and #3
Denise
Great pictures Kriss!! :o :)

Here is one that I have listed with
www.picture.com
I call it cloud face. blink.gif

Denise
skunks_lil_nun
Thats awesome! Bill liked it too...the face is so noticeable in that!! I was supposed to go with him today to take pix in different areas of our claim...he found a kick butt waterfall that he says I'm gonna LOVE, but I can't go! :( My little "gold-minder"(as she calls it) is sick and we don't want to drag her around outside until her cough chills out some. I cant wait to see the pictures he brings home today!!

look at the link below....scroll down to the second entry with the pic...thats some of what we got the other day on our claim. Things are looking VERY promising for us there!

http://golddredger.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/950.html

take it e-z gold lovers!!

Kriss wub.gif
skunks_lil_nun
Bill brought me home a pic or 2 dozen of some of the stuff I havent seen on the claim yet. here is a waterfall he's been telling me about!! There's so many more pix to choose from but there ya go!!

kriss wub.gif
sgaolson
Nun that is lookin GOOD. I'm so wishin I was there
skunks_lil_nun
It's so beautiful out where our claim is...Bill took more pix and posted them on our webshot page. here's the link...he added another two folders I think. enjoy all!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/skunkapemining

kriss ph34r.gif
Denise
Sweet looking spot Kriss!! :o
I hope the little "gold-minder ^_^" feels better soon.
Looks like the claim is turning out to be a great one. Thanks for sharing the pics. wub.gif
Coalbunny
sgolsen, that waterfall looks like it's *either* the Yellowstone or Clark's Fork of the Yellowstone. How far off am I?
Carl
skunks_lil_nun
I'm probably one of the few non-coloradians here. That was taken here in Northern Cali...close to the Klamath River. beautiful area here...the link below is cool...if ya ever wanna visit/dredge in cali, this whole area cant be beat!!! B)

http://www.sisqtel.net/~rbley/for_your_information.htm

k. blink.gif
Coalbunny
Sorry about that SLN, I was talking about the pic that sgolsen put up. I swear it looks like the Yellowstone or Clark's Fork of the Yellowstone. Gotta be. One or the other. And if it neither, let's go pan it! :D
sgaolson
:D DIND DING DING :D You got it Carl, "Artist Point" on the Yellowstone. Suppose to be the most painted landscape in the country. When I uploaded that picture I swear it looked just like a post card. Here's another with my wife in it, there's a bench right there and we both sat there for close to 2 hours and never said a word. I have been to a lot of places so far, but this is that's prettiest yet.
sgaolson
Dang the picture didn't post
Denise
It looks like it posted to me Garry. :) Great picture!
Spring time in the Rockies is getting the best of me today. It's raining, snowing, and the sun is shining. :o wacko.gif laugh.gif I can't wait till summer!!
picky
Hi Guys thanks for the great pics l'm an Aussie and the more that l see of your great country the more l want to visit !!! rolleyes.gif Best wishes all ...Picky
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.