Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Madiera
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting
cornwall84
Well this was supposed to be a good chance to use my trusty dtector on the beaches of madiera but there wasnt any decent beaches. Beautiful island though.
Although this is a volcanic island they have no minerals at all , no nice stones ,no gold no silver. :(

:D :D
cornwall84
this is a sea swimming pool
cornwall84
one of the better beaches
cornwall84
Nice black sand on the beach ,but its only basalt
cornwall84
a little turbity in the stream but it was from the rain in the hills not dredging
cornwall84
Its nice to see some flowers at this time of year
cornwall84
Birds of paradise
cornwall84
Hard to believe but i actually paid about $30 to go on a guided walk of about 8 miles along a lavada which is a very small canal . These lavadas carry water across the island as 1 side is very wet and the other side very dry.
great walk though.
cornwall84
My wife nicole. :)
cornwall84
Me and wy wife
cornwall84
another nice beach
cornwall84
This was one of the best moments of the trip when i found an awesome display of stones at the botanical gardens,
cornwall84
That was a bit dark , this is nice
russau
beautifull pictures! thankyou!
cornwall84
and finally, this shows the same amethyst at the back of the pic that was in the last photo to give some idea of size.
Denise
Amazing Cornwall. Thanks for sharing with us.
sgaolson
Great Pics Corn
cornwall84
found a few more
cornwall84
pity the pics not clearer this was nice
cornwall84
they take people for rides in wooden sleds
cornwall84
stone pic
cornwall84
they have the 2nd highest cliffs in the world
cornwall84
this is a swan plant it originated in mexico
cornwall84
i Thought that this was a dredger but it probably isnt
cornwall84
quite handy :D :D
Coalbunny
QUOTE (cornwall84 @ Mar 9 2006, 07:30 AM)
i Thought that this was a dredger but it probably isnt

That, sir, is Dan's fishing boat. See how low it's sitting in the water with the deck nearly awash? Goes to show how many fish he's got stuff in there! I gotta find out what he uses for bait! I keep thinking it's pizza, but there ain't a Dominoe's underwater, so what would them fish know about a good meal?
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.