ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Clear Creek
swizz
post Mar 9 2016, 05:29 AM
Post #101

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,983

Wow, if you're sitting on three sets of cons from there and get a BB.... that thing is gonna light up like the 4th of July when you run it!
Make sure you watch that BB vid I linked in my my BB thread (page 2, post #18). Invaluable information in that vid which helps the process tremendously. happy088.gif
Weather looks great again..... I'm going to try and get back there Fri, Sat, or Sun if anyone's interested in joining Timber and me for some quality time. signs026.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EMac
post Mar 9 2016, 10:16 AM
Post #102

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 117,949

The Au gods may shine once more upon me. I'm supposed to help a buddy move on Saturday, but just heard he's expecting to be done by Friday night. If that's the case, I anticipate heading to the creek again myself. I'll have to find some time some evening this week to check the cons from upstream.

I'm going to get a BB for this weekend, and already pulled up your thread in a background tab to review.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
EMac
post Mar 9 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #103

Rock Bar!

They damn near WANT me to go...Attwood came through with my replacement pump just now; attach some leads and I'm in business.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

"All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer." ~Niccolò Machiavelli

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Mar 9 2016, 07:24 PM
Post #104

Cool mang! I'm stuck working Friday but I'll plan Saturday for sure. I want to go to that upstream dig with you and check it out. happy088.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
James and Cyndi
post Mar 9 2016, 08:50 PM
Post #105

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,144

We are gunna try and make it Saturday. If not both of us maybe just me. Hope to see you guys!

James

--------------------
CP Lifetime Members

+Quote Post
KennyRay
post Mar 10 2016, 10:30 AM
Post #106

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 122,556

QUOTE (swizz @ Mar 9 2016, 04:29 AM) *
Wow, if you're sitting on three sets of cons from there and get a BB.... that thing is gonna light up like the 4th of July when you run it!
Make sure you watch that BB vid I linked in my my BB thread (page 2, post #18). Invaluable information in that vid which helps the process tremendously. happy088.gif
Weather looks great again..... I'm going to try and get back there Fri, Sat, or Sun if anyone's interested in joining Timber and me for some quality time. signs026.gif

Hey Swizz, my bud and I may head that way Fri morning if it works out. Just itching to get out and haven't found anywhere north yet so I really want to come try clear creek and would be great to meet ya if we find our way around. Planning on getting the dust off tools and my homemade sluice. Anyway, we'll see how it pas out I guess.

+Quote Post
EMac
post Mar 10 2016, 11:25 AM
Post #107

Rock Bar!

Amazon says my Blue Bowl will be here tomorrow, so I should have a chance to check those cons from upstream. Tomorrow will tell whether or not I can go Saturday. We still have a tax appt in the morning Sat, so I expect to arrive around noon if I can go.

Sounds like another good showing for folks, so I'm hoping my buddy's move goes fast!

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Mar 11 2016, 07:38 AM
Post #108

Kenny, I can't make Friday unfortunately but will be there Sat. Hope you find some good color!!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Eric, I hope ya make it, supposed to be in the 60s. Also, for the BB.... did you get #30, #50, and #100 class screens? You'll need those for sure. I was looking at classifier screens on Amazon and ran across these which are about 1/2 the price of the Keene classifiers that I have. I was wondering about their quality, they look good in the pics. That's the #2 mesh but they have them in all classes. They don't look as deep as the Keene but way better value if they're well built.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
EMac
post Mar 11 2016, 09:37 AM
Post #109

Rock Bar!

I picked up a stack of Amazon classifiers classifiers in 2014 and they've worked great (they were $10 cheaper then too). Mesh sizes: 1/100", 1/70", 1/50", 1/30", 1/20", 1/12", 1/8", 1/4", 1/2" Adds up to less than $10 per classier.

My problem now is getting the right mesh labels on them after using/mixing them up.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Mar 11 2016, 10:04 AM
Post #110

Very good to know! Wish I hadn't just replaced my 1/2" with another Keene.
Regarding the marking of each screen, I had that same problem. You can use a woodburner or soldering iron.... scroll down to the 4th image in the first post, this is what I did.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
johnnybravo300
post Mar 11 2016, 09:42 PM
Post #111

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 120,659

Is clear creek usually pretty high at the beginning of May? I thought I heard the flow was controlled by a dam upstream. Id like to bring my tools and hit it again on saturday, the weekend of the 8th if I won't get washed away!
It seems like the melt off would be done by then?
I love the clear creek chunky gold!!

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697

+Quote Post
Crusty
post Mar 12 2016, 10:12 AM
Post #112

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 82,915

Glad y'all are out getting the gold. Didn't get much of anything in AZ. Would rather be standing nuts deep in freezing water with y'all!

--------------------
Find Colorado Prospector on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/170314493176558

CP Lifetime Member

+Quote Post
EMac
post Mar 12 2016, 11:03 AM
Post #113

Rock Bar!

For water level you can Google 'USGS clear creek golden' and you can check the USGS water gages

My buddy needs my help today, so I likely won't make it up. It will be late for sure if I do.

--------------------
Lifetime Member
opera non verba

Ref Code:

EM448

+Quote Post
swizz
post Mar 13 2016, 08:37 AM
Post #114

Sorry we missed ya yesterday Eric, it was great weather again. James and I worked upstream from your last dig and it was looking good over there! Pleasure to meet relicsncoins and his friend. I was going to go back today but didn't. I'll try to do a BB cleanup today and post my recovery from 7 buckets of 1/2" class that were fed through the Angus.

Prospecting Timber & James by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

Gold upper by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
swizz
post Mar 13 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #115

About to run the Blue Bowl.... this is what I panned out that is larger than #30 mesh.
+ 30 Mesh by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:50 PM