ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
City of Golden doing Cleak Creek Mgmt Survey
h20prospector
post May 1 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Shovel Buster!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,964

Attention All you prospectors:

Golden is doing a survey about Clear Creek use/mgmt and they don't even mention prospecting. Please take the survey and write in Gold Prospecting as your activity. Please play nice and be respectful as any of your comments could get published as part of the Summary Report they publish.

The reason they are doing this is a huge increase the last couple summers in numbers of people riding inner tubes down the creek and causing conflicts with other creek users. Also a lot of people parking all over the neighborhoods in the area and getting rowdy in the park alongside the river banks.

The good news is we are not on their list of problems! That said, being omitted can lead to being banned so we have to insist on some visibility.

http://conta.cc/XIAPNo

--------------------
26 year Air Force Vet
LDMA/GPAA, GPOC, & CP LIFE MEMBER

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
swizz
post May 1 2013, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,983

Thanks Pat,
I filled it out. They didn't include Gold Prospecting in their lists of activities but I clicked "Other" and typed it in.
I voted for No further regulations and advised them that greater enforcement of the existing regulations would be a more logical solution. I added.... "how can you add more regulations if you are stating that you can't even enforce the existing regulations? Beef up your enforcement, the existing regs are fine."
That's how I feel about it anyway. 2c.gif

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
russau
post May 2 2013, 04:40 AM
Post #3

russau

Member No.: 43

Swizz that is kinda what i put in my "other" comment that Pat had posted on another site/forum.. to much and over regulated is wrong for public lands! dont create a problem where there isnt one in the first place!

+Quote Post
swizz
post May 2 2013, 06:32 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,983

QUOTE (russau @ May 2 2013, 04:40 AM) *
too much and over regulated is wrong for public lands!

well..... it's not public lands.
It's actually private property (Open Space owned by City of Golden and/or Jefferson County I believe) that is designated as a public recreational use area and regulated as such.
They can regulate or disallow any form of recreation that they want. Kinda nice that they're considering public opinion before making any changes.
Not any "rights" to uses there... more of a "privilege" situation where they can dictate uses and regs since they own the property.

--------------------

/l
,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
BLACK SANDS MATTER!
Very Happy CP Lifetime Member
CP CORE TEAM

Referral Code CE213

+Quote Post
Modern Day Miner
post Jul 21 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 7,253

Has anyone been to clear creek lately just at the Hwy 93 and Hwy 6 intersection? They (the city of Golden) have completely fenced off most of the access to the creek along the walking path that goes from RV park up to the Open space sign. I like to do a little digging in that open space area just past the sign so it hasn't affected me yet. I was out yesterday and the "Park Rangers"(mall cops) are everywhere just itching to write someone a ticket. I was just walking back through the park on my way from the open space to my car and got harassed for just walking a sluice box through the area. When I told them I had come from open space up past the end of the fence They were disappointed that they were not going to be able to write me a ticket. Is this part of the area you guys have been talking about as far as the public input on this part of the creek? Most of the public who responded to use of this area must have said please shut it down, we are having to much fun tubing,fishing,swimming, and a little prospecting. Please stop us before we hurt ourselves.

Anyway just wanted to vent to the group about another area that was a beautiful and well used but not abused spot being closed off.

Thanks
Chad

+Quote Post
Dypheron
post Jul 22 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 52,528

Chad, as far as I know that section has been off limits to prospecting of any kind for a while now. Golden can't do anything past tunnel one because they don't own it, but they are getting quite pushy about everything below it. IIRC the survey was for all of clear creek through Golden proper.

--------------------
Life goes by so fast/You only wanna do what you think is right/Close your eyes and it's past/Story of my life - Mike Ness

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:38 AM