ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Colorado's New Pay to Dig, patented virgin ground...sweet gold!!
CP
post Jun 21 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #46

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Nice you two and thanks for sharing the pic.

Yep, not suprising that all that gold there would float indeedy!
Gotta' lower that surface tension or you will float off alot......YIKES!
Don't forget you can always check back on the Plans and Tips page for some pointers.

Be great to have you visit again, and hopefully a bit warmer. happy.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
copyman
post Jul 5 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #47

Observer

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,669

Hello
New to the board, long time lurker first time posting. Just wanted to check in and report the fun the wife and I had at this pay to dig site. The wife and I spent the day and had a great time. Dan was a wonderful host and a wealth of information. I really can't thank Dan enough. Before we went I had no idea what to expect, we were defiantly very pleased with the experience. A full day’s entertainment for ten bucks, that is unheard of. I have done a little panning before but never had any luck. Spending the day with Dan at the Fairplay site changed my luck. I think it’s time to start planning my next trip.

Here is my take, it might not be much but it's the most I ever found in one day and best of all it's mine. I will now have to do some research on how to remove the gold from the black sand. The way I did it gave me a new appreciation for the term precious metal.

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 6 2008, 08:07 AM
Post #48

Master Mucker!

Hi Copyman and welcome to the forum board. Glad you made it in and very nice pic, thanks for sharing.

It was a great day with both of you and hopefully you can return soon for another visit. smile.gif

I'm glad I could help change your luck finding the yella' stuff. Sorry if I talked your ears off through the day too. laugh.gif

See you again soon and nice work!

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
jim
post Jul 7 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #49

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 994

Very cool indeed. I also commend you on the great pic.I can only wish i was as good.

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 16 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #50

Master Mucker!

Time for an update on reservations for the dig site.
For those who would like to make a reservation, you need to figure out which dates you wish to prospect (at least 1 week ahead please) and then choose which activities you wish to try.
Once that is figured out then you can total up your dig fees for reservations........and contact us via the email to make sure we can accomadate those dates.
Then to make the payment/reservation click over to the http://www.coloradoprospector.com home page to find our "pay fer' it" paypal button on the lower left in the green shaded side bar. You will need to enter your total amount for dig fees and you may also attatch any notes to the transaction in the note box you wish.

When we receive that notification of payment for your reservations we will contact you back with confirmation of your reservations.

This is a new dig site still in it's creation stage and hopefully this helps with the reservation process.

We would also like to add at this time.......There are no refunds for dates reserved that are missed or weather is bad, sorry.
You may contact us for different dates to prospect in the event of missed dates or bad weather though.

Contact us at Colorado@ColoradoProspector.com with more questions if needed too.

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
copyman
post Jul 16 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #51

Observer

Member No.: 5,669

After one vistit I can't wait to go back. I am currently working on some dates. I have a question. Last trip I worked a pan all day and had a blast doing so. I think you said something about renting a sluce? I must have had too much gold fever at the time, as I can't really recall what you said. Can you give me some details?
Thanks

+Quote Post
mystic mining
post Jul 19 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #52

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 2,535

Hi Dan and Denise just want to thank you for a great day in Fairplay. You guys taught me a lot about gold panning and other things. I glad I finally got to meet you. Thanks again. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 19 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #53

Master Mucker!

Thanks Mystic Mining,

We enjoyed meeting with you and teaching you a few things.......hopefully the cons were productive that you took home to pan too. wink.gif

Thanks Copyman, hope you can return very soon too.
We can rent a sluice if you wish for $15.00 per day in addition to the dig fees. Just let us know when you are setting up reservations if you need to rent one. smile.gif
Be happy to set ya' up on that.

Weather has been pretty darn nice with a few afternoon showers....... everyone getting out there to prospect yet? or?! ohmy.gif happy.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 25 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #54

Master Mucker!

Hi All,

Sad news today........ sad.gif

I've just been informed by the land owner that he no longer wants us to teach prospecting at his site.
That is very sad but unfortunately out of our control.
There is a town "beach" here in Fairplay where they allow panning or sluicing for free but I do not know what their exact rules for where you dig or how that's done. You just need to stop by the town's office to get their free permit or you can print one off from our site and have it filled out already when you go to the office.
You can find the towns link in our forum at this link http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...t=0&#entry12377

While it lasted it was a great dig site and would have become one of the best! Sadly as it turns out the owner (and his son) are not prospector friendly I guess. ohmy.gif dry.gif

We will be hunting for a new site to someday offer this again.....keep your fingers crossed!! biggrin.gif

Any reservations already made (paid) at the time of this post WILL STILL BE HONORED! You know who you are. wink.gif

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
mystic mining
post Jul 25 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #55

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 2,535

Wow Dan and Denise I'm very sorry to hear that. Good luck on a new spot. sad.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
jim
post Jul 26 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #56

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 994

what a bunch of crap! i guess i shouldn't be surprised though. i met the idiot owners that dan mentioned. they are the type that would cut thier throats for no reason......................sad day fer sure

+Quote Post
russau
post Jul 27 2008, 06:38 AM
Post #57

russau

Member No.: 43

if i can ask, what was their reason for stopping this?

+Quote Post
Dan & Patty
post Jul 27 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #58

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 5,292

Dan,

I am very sad to hear the end to the pay to dig site. This was a great place for all that had the opportunity to be involved with it and a loss for all that missed out. I cannot thank you enough for your time and the information that you shared with me, my wife and friends on the site. I have learned a lot from you and can't wait to meet you at the next place you find. I come all the way from Wisconsin to spend a little time to learn from you at your site, another few hundred miles one way or the other for your next site won't matter to me.

Here is a picture of some gold from my last visit there. "Still learning, but improving!" Thanks for the world of knowledge on high-banker use this time.

Dan & Patty
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
CP
post Jul 28 2008, 09:09 AM
Post #59

Master Mucker!

Thanks Dan & Patty,

We would like to thank everyone who visited the dig site while it was open and hopefully everyone found a little useful info while there as well. Thank you!
Teaching at such a site is a blast! And having such great patrons helps too!! wink.gif

Russ, actually there was a whole myriad of excuses offered but it boils down to a personal issue with the owners son who apperantly gets what he wants still like a spoiled child of 10 years of age! wacko.gif
PS......this is the same person (the son) running the new hotel in Fairplay that lost it's "Best Western" status with 1 month of it's grand opening and now has tarped signs....... ohmy.gif
"Here's your sign"? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

It was great to have use of the site while it lasted at anyrate.
We really enjoyed everyones visits.....and we hope to repeat soon. cool.gif

Good luck prospecting out there and stay safe ya'll!

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
goldiens
post Jul 28 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #60

Observer

Member No.: 5,263

Hi..it doesn't really surprise me, but they will have to live in a small town..or move on..cant be making too many friends.
I think it will be interesting to see just what transpires with that site...hope you find another spot..

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
13 User(s) are reading this topic (13 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:59 PM