ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Latest News, Congress considering 3 bills to turn over federal lands to states
rrhobdy
post Feb 23 2016, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Diggin' In!

Group: Members
Member No.: 118,062

Hey... We need to do something about the latest news on Yahoo.com where it is reported that Congress is now considering 3 separate bills to transfer millions of acres of federal lands and National Forests to the States. What is that going to do to us prospectors when it is the states that do a worse job of denying us access to lands to pan or prospect than the national government. Granted, I've got my beefs with the Forest Service and BLM, but not like I do with various states that prohibit us from doing anything like panning, sluicing, dredging, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
johnnybravo300
post Jun 19 2016, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 120,659

According to the feds, natl forest is theirs and they do own it. I've been told that in court in grand junction a few years ago when I was fighting a bogus 400 ticket from a ranger. It's theirs and they "grant" us the rights as they see fit.
I fought it hard and it was dropped to 100 but it didn't really matter.
I was in a camping spot for eight days when the ranger pulled up. I said I thought i had 14 days to camp there and he said I have what he lets me have. We were in our RV at cement creek campground.
He wrote me a ticket and left. I wasn't prospecting, just out camping with my wife and daughter. We didn't break a single law.
Basically it goes like that. Since they make the rules they can change the rules as they see fit.
"Public lands" aren't "public owned" according to them, no matter what citizens think. They made that very clear to me.
We're at the mercy of their desicions and are quickly losing our rights in America. We may consider those lands ours but in no way do the feds consider them ours.
There is a massive break down somewhere in there and in the end they will probably try to take what they want and steal the rest unfortunately.
We have to take our rights back or its over, and they aren't going to relieve the power willingly.
The court systems are run by the same crooks. I had to go to federal court for a federal ticket. It's like letting a coach from a team be the referee in a game his team is playing in.
The system is set up to protect and defend them from the citizens. Easy to see through.

--------------------
Level 2 member -12/25/16
Referral code JL697
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:32 PM