ColoradoProspector   CP Club Membership Info.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
So you want to have a Rally?, It is a start
Redpaw
post Jan 2 2004, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Rock Bar!

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Hey Dan,
I was surfing on the DEF site, and mentioned that your interested in participating in a rally, or finding out more. This is the response

Dan from Coloradoprospector.com is really wanting a rally in Colorado, he has mentioned that he has alot of mining shops and clubs that would be willing to find out what it takes to have a local rally.

Redpaw,
Go ahead and give him my e-mail. Have him put rally in the subject.
CC

I will provide you with her email in a private message.

RP

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Denise
post Jan 3 2004, 03:07 PM
Post #2

Master Mucker!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

WOOOHOOO! :o :D
I do I do!

Everyone who want's to have a rally here in Colorado....Say"I"
:D ;) :D huh.gif :P unsure.gif :D ;)

I love to see people getting together, learning and having fun. :)

Denise

--------------------
Education is the key to the future,
and participation opens the door to opportunity.

Discover your prospecting independence & success!

ColoradoProspector.com

Owner/Webmaster
Core team member

+Quote Post
Gat-Wa.
post Jan 4 2004, 09:17 AM
Post #3

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 8

I! laugh.gif im in and im ready and willing to help in any way,to this i will donate my time,knowledge and equipment.and very happy to do so.
Gat.

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 4 2004, 09:42 AM
Post #4

Master Mucker!

Member No.: 3

We are going to try!
Currently we have some requests out to see if we can secure a location. :D
Then from there I'm sure we will need lots of help ....... and thank you for offering already Gat, you are on the list...... ;)
We hope we can do this cause it's gonna be a BLAST!

I sent an e-mail to Cindi, and hope to be hearing back very soon.
So far it looks very promising, and we will keep you posted.
Anyone who wants to help when the time comes, just post it here and we will be in touch. :)

We are just getting started so it's way too early to tell, but the more enthusiasm Colorado shows the better the chances.......
SO LETS HEAR IT........DOES COLORADO WANT TO HAVE A DEF RALLY?!

I..... DANG RIGHT!
That's my vote. B) :P :D

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator
www.ColoradoProspector.com

IF YOU USE IT, THE GROUND PRODUCED IT!
MINERS MAKE "IT" HAPPEN!!

+Quote Post
cowboy444
post Jan 4 2004, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 13

I'm sorry to say that I can't attend as Colorado is a long ways from the Oregon coast. However I do have a few suggestions.

Contact a lot of mining related company's and have booths to purchase new parts, tools and supplys. Contact Hazmat to collect mercury or other harmful chemicals that may be found.

Have a couple of food booths available for those too tired to cook after a day of mining/dredging. These could be manned by your local Moose Lodge, VFW, Masons, Rotary, other non profit organization. Most people don't realize that these organizations want to get involved. Contact immediately so that they have time to get organized.

Advertize LOTS! newspaper, radio, local news. Have the TV people come out and do a story or live feeds from your rally.

Have a itinerary of things going on. i.e. panning demonstrations, a panning booth for people to pan their own gold, metal detecting hunts, dredging demonstrations, story time/ slide shows by the local hero's, local handicrafters, raffles, raffles, raffles. Local political speakers.
Have the itinerary posted in several places or hand out to each person registering. Include time and place where events are being held.

Keep the people motivated. You don't want them to come, look around, and leave.

You need to start contacting people now for donated raffle items. Waiting til the last minute could leave you with very few raffle items. Gold pans, ICMJ subscriptions, metal detectors, highbankers, dredges, rock picks, pry bars, weight belts with weights, or almost anything else that a miner would want to win.
Sell the tickets 1 for $1.00 or 6 for $5.00 or 1 for $5.00 and 5 for $20.00. This will help offset any costs involved with the rally. KEEP RECORDS!!

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to organize your rally for the greatest response.

cowboy444
they don't call it Gold Beach, Oregon for nothing

+Quote Post
geno2
post Jan 5 2004, 04:15 AM
Post #6

Observer

Member No.: 61

Its great to hear that you wsant to plan a DEF rally for CO. I have plenty of info if you need it, including a timeline that will help. just let me know via email and I'll send it along.
geno

+Quote Post
ME CO
post Jan 5 2004, 07:39 AM
Post #7

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 7

I don't know how much help I'll be but I'm in. I'll bring it up at the next GPOC meeting- see if there's any interest. Clubs in Denver would be a better bet- closer. Mark

--------------------
Sunshine Dredge Co.

+Quote Post
mtpan
post Jan 5 2004, 08:07 AM
Post #8

Diggin' In!

Member No.: 9

That sounds like a good idea. I would like to make it there but it all depens on when it is. MTPan

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 6 2004, 09:21 AM
Post #9

Master Mucker!

THANK YOU GUYS!
Cowboy those are some great suggestions! I will do the best I can.

Geno I will be in touch very soon thanks for offering up your assistance.

Mark, that is a wonderful idea, and we are thinking any outdoor clubs who wish to be involved will be welcome. So invite them all! :P

It's going to take a lot of work to pull this off but several folks have already volunteered their assistance and equipment here and in person to me, so it's looking good so far.
Have not heard on the location requests yet but I will keep ya posted.

Dang got a tow call!
I will be back later to talk more......have some news about fund raising for the rally. ;)
But right now I have to git'.....sorry. :(

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 7 2004, 07:25 AM
Post #10

Master Mucker!

Sorry I didn't get back in here last night, but I was whooooped! wacko.gif
Wanted to let everyone know....... The Mrs and I have decided to split all donations made to ColoradoProspector.com

25% will be placed in a seperate account for future use by the Miners Response Team,
25% will be set aside for the organization of rallies in and around Colorado,
The remainder will be used to support ColoradoProspector's efforts to research, and educate the general public and network with other clubs and organizations.

We have received the first donation also just yesterday...... :D
Well I kinda helped that a little..... ;)
I do some snow plowing on the side and had a customer call from Chicago for a plow job here in Colorado. He wanted to know how to send me a payment, so I thought this would be a great way to kick it off.

If anyone you know wants to contribute, just send them to our home page www.coloradoprospector.com.

CP of the MRT

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Redpaw
post Jan 10 2004, 08:05 PM
Post #11

Rock Bar!

Member No.: 16

The MRT and its Website Thanks the Colorado Prospector and their genorousity, I'll get to working on a Adverstisement for the Rally.

I'm thinking that maybe the Northwest Miners Rally would be wanting some notice too?...

Thanks Mr. & Mrs. CP, you efforts do not go un-noticed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 10 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #12

Master Mucker!

Thanks Redpaw,
And the MRT is very welcome
We could not afford to fund this out of pocket so we figured maybe this would help get a jump on fund raising for both the rally and the MRT.

I have received a return call from our first choice for location.
He is very interested and he is confering with his father.
It's a father and son operation, 22 patented acres with a creek..... :)
There is still a whole lot to work out, but he is excited about the idea and believes his father will be also.... :D

We also discussed dates but the town does not yet have definate dates for their yearly miners days events.
We would like to coincide with this event and also avoid conflicting timeframes with the Oregon rally so that folks can attend both events if they wish.

There are lots of ideas and people are already volunteering so the ball is in motion.

:)

We'll keep everyone upto date......
CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post
Quilomene John
post Jan 11 2004, 09:04 PM
Post #13

Shovel Buster!

Member No.: 24

Great,
Just perchance, does the patented claim reside inside the South Park Ranger District? If so, it would be extra sweet!!!

Somehow wherever it is held I think the Govt. Agencies will be far less hospitable than the local community. It makes you wonder how those huge groups that get together for those GREEN MAN rallies receive the blessing of the Feds and State!

Thanks CP for the generous sharing with the MRT! I know Redpaw will have all the info on the rally on the MRT site, heck, we might even be able to attend! QJ B)

--------------------

+Quote Post
russau
post Jan 11 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #14

russau

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Redpaw @ Jan 2 2004, 08:49 AM)
Hey Dan,
I was surfing on the DEF site, and mentioned that your interested in participating in a rally, or finding out more. This is the response

Dan from Coloradoprospector.com is really wanting a rally in Colorado, he has mentioned that he has alot of mining shops and clubs that would be willing to find out what it takes to have a local rally.

Redpaw,
Go ahead and give him my e-mail. Have him put rally in the subject.
CC

I will provide you with her email in a private message.

RP

it was good talking to you today dan/denise! it looks like you have a good start to something real good! one other suggestion i thought of today was parking for the visitors and some sort of shuttle if needed to move people saftly to and from the rally! this wasnt done in georgia, and there was a accident, nobody got hurt and their cars were repaired! the guy that hit the vehical was being chased by the police at the time.

+Quote Post
CP
post Jan 17 2004, 10:10 AM
Post #15

Master Mucker!

Mrs CP suggested that we start a forum for the rally so we can have different threads within it.
Sounds good to me!
We will start some new topics and post the items we have collected so far to raise funds for the rally..... ;)

Oh yea...... Got a sneak peek at the creek..... :P ;) wanna see it?! It will be there too. :o
And! it's low water on the creek right now so we get to see what will be under water this spring....... :)

K, gotta go make a new forum and the two threads here will be moved in....

CP

--------------------
CP-Owner/Administrator

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:29 AM